Is Diablo II dieing?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Since 1.10 hit on West, I've noticed a lot of people quit or left. I don't see half as many people on D2 Uswest as I used too. Is this game finally dieing? I know it's addicting at first but It's been catching so many people. West has a game making like of about 1200 now, a month ago it wasnt even 25. What do you guys think?

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
no, d2 isn't dieing. its too unique of a game. it combines mmorpg-ish style multiplayer almost, with semi-interesting action, with the massive clicking of some fps's.

it might be because your on west. i know from experience that many people usually switch over to east. no idea why... i switched when east was less populated... and therefore less people = less lag, and i've just stuck with it.

the game making line is nothing. its almost hit 2000 for me on east once or twice, but if i wait about a minute, its gone.

the only REAL thing that would cause d2 to die, would be the massive botting. simply because it allows almost anyone instant access to all the best items. mh isn't as bad as most people think, and if you really can hack into b.net, you might as well **** around. luckyily for bots, the makers are starting to charge for them i believe, so that cuts back on it a bit. and even then, alot of people dont bot. so in reality, botting isn't much of a problem either. d2 will REALLY die, once we get 1.09d hacked/bugged items back, like hex's and the shit. and even then, blizz will just slap us with another patch. probably without any balance changes on it, just some code to destroy all the hacked/bugged items. *shrug* ida know

but no, d2 isn't dieing. and even when it gets boring, play some other game. then come back to d2, it i'll be fun again. there are almost limitless possibilites for characters, plus there are dozens of kickass mods that make it even more fun after all of that.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
You can say its dying because everyone think its too repetitive like me and leave.

But you can say its not dying because many people come back to it because they figure that all other blizz games get boring as time passes, like me.

the_battousai1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lmfao, yea diablo 2 is dying, thats we have 3000+ wait in lines int he mid of the day,all that isnt botting u know

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
It is dying, to many cheaters using MH and bots. People are in it just to Ebay there items from botting, nobody actually plays the game for its real purpose, the fundamental D2 as an RPG isn't really even a game or more of a way to test bnet security and hack shit and make a profit from botting. The game was at it's peak in 1.08 after that it just keeps getting worse. I don't even join public games except to baal now because it disgusts me.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i left...... but i find ppl are botting even more on useast :(

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Originally posted by N_
You can say its dying because everyone think its too repetitive like me and leave.
That sounds like Kao. On another note, that's when you start playing Modifications, such as Eastern Sun, Zy-El, Escape from the Afterlife, Kingdom of Tenai, Valhalla, and others like 1.09 PvP Mod (on TIGS Server).

If you are the stage where I was, I HIGHLY suggest you start playing a mod. Some of them are too easy (like the PKA Mod), while some (like Zy-El with its 5,000 levels and insanely hard leveling when you start out) will just kick the shit out of your low levels. Also, High levels on Zy-El- Don't expect to be easy.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
the only time d2 will die is when blizz decides to shut down the servers or make people pay. Other than that, it wont die, ever. The graphics on it are great and it is a OLD game.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Just like Starcraft? Hell, I still play that. Talk about a game with potential!

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I think it'll get to be something like a couply few thousand people in a few years, kind of like Starcraft- but not. I bet more people would surely be playing if there weren't so many ****ing bots lagging the servers.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
No, you have no potential because you suck! SC is actually a GOOD game. Have you played UMS anytime within the past 3 years? There are some maps that are more complicated than today's games (well, some of em).

fugg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i **** kaos dirty mother in her giant anus ****hole

w00t flame points, dont move this, kao must see

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
lol, fugg your jsut trying to get him to flame you so he gets banned. Good job. Kao you suck, sc sux, everything about it sux. anyways, d2 will never die, muhahaha.

fugg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
pfft? me get kao banned? i love my kao buns

(sarcasm)

me hates you !! savy = buttseks