Importance of max block??

Legendarian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok I want to make a super elite PVP barb and my only question is about dex. A lot of people say all good PVP players need max block, but to do that I need 222 in dex! That seems like an awful lot to put in dex... would it really be that big of a deal if I had like around 180 in dex and alloted the rest in vitality? Any tips on this from experience PVP chars??? Thanks

Misterwhippy

Member!
Reaction score
well ive never made a barb, but i will tell you max block is very important. one with max block and max DR is so hard to kill. coming from a zon, i could fire 20-30 arrows into a barb with max dr and block before it kills him...

- ^FuZ!oN^ -

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.hungau.com
Wats the point of havin so much vitality if your gonna get killed by a arrow or a WW no 220 is not alot ive seen ppl wit 300, maxing block is sooooooooo worth it, if you didnt block you'd be dead in like couple of seconds, if you were vs a zon she'd gives you some guided at you so wit max block you proly take more arrows then w/o block

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
u only need 222 dex at lvl 99, 2 les for every lvl lower i believe...so 98 would be 220 dex (or at least im pretty sure)....but yes, max block is very important when using a barb

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
also, you will need dex for some weapons, so youll just put points into dex anyway. trust me, max block is important. you wont die that easily.

Nikoa

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just use lots of +dex items and you can have lots of points in vit.
My barb has max block at lv 84 and only 120-130 points in dex.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
once again u must have 222 dex at lvl 99 for max block, and u people just cant seem to stop bringing up the posts that are a couple months old, can u?

shadow_demon

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont think its 222dex because ss has like 73 block and the max block is like 75 i think so im not sure but you do need max block

was i banned or something????? i went on battleforums and it said i wasnt logged in?? does n e one know if i was banned?? i had too make a new user name

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok thats the displayed block, there is a forumula for determing your chance to block on the screen, the variables are character lvl, amount of dex, and % block on the shield

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by shadow_demon
i dont think its 222dex because ss has like 73 block and the max block is like 75 i think so im not sure but you do need max block

was i banned or something????? i went on battleforums and it said i wasnt logged in?? does n e one know if i was banned?? i had too make a new user name
its 222 dex at lvl 99 for max blockage, and bforums was hacked and there was a 2 month rollback

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Aries
1500% effective more life
Shut up. That's not that good cuz valor adds more life. Who needs more DR that will add 1500% more life when you can add 100% more life with valor. Idiot.

100%>1500%