I'm beginning to think i'm baby sitting

what can kill the Grimace? (that big purple blob that drinks milkshakes at McDonalds)

• the ebola virus

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • cholesterol

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • that was a trick question, nothing can kill the Grimace, NOTHING!!

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • why do little blue midgets hit me with fish?

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • where the hell are my pants?

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • i'll take "U.S. presidents" for $500 Alex

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
besides me, is anyone else in here old enough to remember when televisions stations had to be changed by hand?
or has anyone else here ever owned a TRS-80 back when they were new?
anybody else long for the days when children played on monkey bars perched above concrete? and slides were made of steel ( try sliding on one of those in the hot sun with shorts on)

kids were rough and tough back then, not like the kids of today.
anybody else who is old enough to remember knows what i'm talking about, you go outside ( that place away from the computer) to play and your best friend hits you in the head with a stick, you would punch him in the eye and then you would go and play baseball.
today, kids would run home crying, then there would no doubt be a lawsuit for pain and mental anguish.

i remember when scars, stitches and a cast were badges of honor

Bjornita

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i think you're one of the oldest here, if not the oldest. i remember some of that stuff, but not all.....like the tv, yea, i remember that....it was annoying, now i can be lazy. w00t. and the monkey bars? hell, my school still has them over concrete. maybe they get publicity if one of us dies.....we already got enough negative publicity from the whole crazy bus driver thing.....and there was a metal slide in the middle of a thicket on the way to the pool (a short cut) and that was a real bitch to slide down in the summer luckily i just dove into the pool to help sooth it.....and to think....that's just stupid....argh....nevermind....

fub33

Member!
Reaction score
who are u babysitting, who asked u to babysit them?
what do we use trs-80s for? should we still be using them?

i had rumbles with my mates, but scarring them, breaking there bones sending them to hospital to help them give a few 'badges of honour' i didnt do. if i had of done that to a mate, yeah not only would their parents get pissed, but so would mine. "yeah its cool to make ur parents pissed off and worry about you"

hmm i dont have too many badges of honour, maybe my mates and i should go out and have a gang fight to get some; we can play some bball afterwards.

so you're 26 yrs old, WOW big tough guy...

Winoot

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wciii.com
The idea of smacking your friends, giving them scars and wrecked arms are putrid, rotten mold growing up your nose disgusting. No, they did cry back then there were no "tough" kids they were the same as they are today. So **** off and lounge on a piece of animal fecis and suck it til your mouth swells and you get gr,..tr789

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I remember those days, I'm 19, back then we played smeer the queer daily. When the teacher yelled at us for hurting a kid and told us we couldn't play it anymore, we then converted the game into a form of rugby, which wasn't less violent, just made us look like we weren't going after one kid, it was multiple.

I remember having huge blisters from those damn monkey bars in the earlier days, nearly plummetting to my death on the stones below due to the pain in my hands. .... eek

GreenClover

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In grade school we played soccer, well backyard soccer, we'd tackle eachother and get into fist fights...it was brutal, our school didn't give a shit about anything so our aides just kinda stood there and laughed at us, I enjoyed beating the crap out of kids I hated...then we got a new elementary school...it all stopped...then I went to middle school...hell...now in highschool..even more hell, when will it end?!?

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fub33

i had rumbles with my mates, but scarring them, breaking there bones sending them to hospital to help them give a few 'badges of honour' i didnt do. if i had of done that to a mate, yeah not only would their parents get pissed, but so would mine. "yeah its cool to make ur parents pissed off and worry about you"
Jesus!
when the hell did kids start worrying about what their parents thought? oh, i better not do that, what would my parents think?
and hospital? you'd go to the hospital over a little fight?
see what i mean wusses, kids have become wusses

some of you seem to have turned out ok, i remember smeer the queer, what a great game and, british bulldog, who could forget the feeling of being tackled on concrete
ahhhhh, the memories

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I'm 18. Things have changed alot in the past 7-8 years. Back when I was in Grade 5 and 6 we didn't have any monitors outside or plastic playgrounds or anything. And I rememeber we used to spend 45 minutes in gym just playing dodge ball non-stop with hard soccer balls, none of those red rubber things. Teachers didn't care either. Every gym period someone got hurt though or got hit in the face. Then when I got up into high school (thankfully didn't have to take phys-ed anymore) there was all this controversy surrounding the local elementary schools about dodge ball and how "gym" should be used to improve physical health. So now grade 5 and 6 students get to run laps and exercise during phys-ed instead of doing enjoyable stuff. That's the way to do it, take away the one stress relief of elementary students and turn it into a living hell. There's tons of stuff that has changed at my old elementary school in just the past 5 years, so I can't really imagine how much will change over the next 30-40. Overall, I agree with the original post of this thread. Best thing you can do is just raise your kids the way you want and not worry about the rest of society. I'm going to raise my kids to be hard workers.... and there's no way in hell I will let them use the internet as much as I do ;)

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by Kamikaze
Jesus!
when the hell did kids start worrying about what their parents thought? oh, i better not do that, what would my parents think?
and hospital? you'd go to the hospital over a little fight?
see what i mean wusses, kids have become wusses

some of you seem to have turned out ok, i remember smeer the queer, what a great game and, british bulldog, who could forget the feeling of being tackled on concrete
ahhhhh, the memories
heh, I remember all those games. I remember we used to play contact football on gravel. I also remember red rover. Also brings back memories of this "sports day" we had and tug of war was one of the events. The biggest nerd in school got anchor and our whole team just let go and he got dragged literly 20-30 feet (the other team was doing it on purpous). He started crying, no one cared and sports day continued. Now-a-days, his parents probably would have sued the school or something.

Bjornita

Reaction score
wow, when i was in 5th and 6th grade i played hopscotch and crap like that. although, i remember in 4th, there was a little club of all the smart people in our class, we got into fights frequently.....but the guys in that group were little weaklings. although, i shouldn't be talking....so am i.

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fub33
are u really 26?
ffs grow up, we're not friggen kids anymore
why the hell would i want to grow up?
the only thing that keeps me in good shape is the fact i refuse to admit there are things i'm too old for.
i can still run 10 miles in just over an hour and i can bench 260 lbs

if you want to grow up , grow fat and, and grow feeble with age be my guest, it's not for me

p.s. i still love getting up to watch cartoons on saturday morning

fub33

Member!
Reaction score
i dont mean grow up and deteriorate into an old man, i meant stop tryin to be a tough guy

Frothyliquid

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Kamikaze
why the hell would i want to grow up?
the only thing that keeps me in good shape is the fact i refuse to admit there are things i'm too old for.
i can still run 10 miles in just over an hour and i can bench 260 lbs

if you want to grow up , grow fat and, and grow feeble with age be my guest, it's not for me

p.s. i still love getting up to watch cartoons on saturday morning
You remind me of Adam Sandler in Big Daddy. :D

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I remember we used to play "capture the fag" or "bull shti ur guilty." all of them involved beating up this one nerdy gay kid.

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
i only got out once this year for paintball, i'm so disapointed

Bjornita

Reaction score
i play counter-strike to vent my rage. it's much better.

mainly because it would end up being "smear margaret" or some such crap....damn them all to HELL!