HU~ NEED help vs ORC

demonic

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NEED help vs ORC

Please post strats...i get owned by grunts/witch/demolishers with FS and SH heroes...its so annoying...

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
against that ive got one easy strat man...

GRYPHS...so youve got a few wtich doctors pecking at your gryphs??? 5 gryphs could take out an army of grunts and doctors

throw some priests in there for dispel and inner fire...and an MK to sit there and dice up the grunts

and prolly some sorcs too...because as soon as that player realizes your getting gryphs (if hes good at all) he will be forced to get un upgraded wyvs...their numbers will be few...and they could immediatly turn into sheep...eliminating the threat

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
then what happens when the orc player techs to docs/berzerkers? if you use gryphs, you need to strike to kill all at once... it is the best strategy against orc, but you need to slaughter them all at once and scout continually... so that if they go for heads/docs, you can get knights without too much trouble... however, like mud said, gryphs are almost always the safest bet against orc

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by demonic
but the fing is...some go batriders and bomb ur gryphons...can't stop that can i?
I was about to remind the people tin thiis thread about batriders. 900 damage instantly, and 100 slash damage can tear through gryphons. a couple batriders and they will fall.

slow would be your best bet against against them. slow the batriders, and move your gryphons out of the way. Poly would also do the trick.

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
neither dragonhawk riders or bat riders are worth getting in my opinion...and neither are ever used...so no worries

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Batriders are definitely deserving of their place in the orc army. Now every race has an air to air unit. They are very useful if used correctly getting only about 3 or 4 if you KNOW they are going air. Then whatever your forces are can take out the rest.

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah but i dont see the point of wasting micro time and energy wrapping up those bat riders...hell LET them explode on your DH riders...its a worthwhile trade because no more bat riders...and its not like your hawk rider was worth the resources you paid for it anyway...

demonic

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
in this case the DH were there to protect ur griffs...let them die? that's like saying let the griffs die

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
letting dragon hawk riders die is like leting gryphs die?? what??

dragon hawk riders cost less...do WAY less damage..have less armor...tell me why they are just as valuable as gryphs....

huttbole

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok being a primarily orc player i suggest you do these things to beat orcs:
healers. you will need them. dont rely on footies for long cuz im going to rip them apart. by the time you get a lot of air i will have bloodlusted hhs and they will take out your air. healers and riflemen with siege tanks is what usually beats me. thats if i dont beat you before you hit tier 3.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I agree.. Riflemen > Any orc ranged... (their casters, hh, catapults of course, wyverns, batriders, all of them). And if you can hold on in the front line (where the melee fights) with either footies or knights, then the rifles will tear down the rest.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
hawks roxxor imo! they do die easily if you have the micro of a newb but otherwise they have 725 hp! thats not weak for 200 gold... but the best army is always mixed so i usually have a few hawks mainly for cloud against burrows... but they help vs. wyvs

not to mention that those darn bats make it impossible to repair th! thats a huge reason to shackle and forget

vs. pults? well i like getting sb vs. orc because sb can sit and kill the demolishers while you unleashed flamestrike on their slowed pults (yes youc an slow them)

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
grunts/docs/demos get owned by sorcs with a decent sized group of knights or foots with defend.if you just morph the grunts and docs and kills stasis and healing wards,that strat is easy to couner.