HU~ Human vs. pure air

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Human vs. pure air

I see people complaining of how orc has no aa. Batriders, HH (only 2 food), where does human come into play? I just played a 1v1. I had about 3 priests with inner fire and 3 sorcs (not trained. 12 rifles 2/2 w/ long rifles a lvl 4 am and a lvl 2 mk. He had about 9 wyverns a lvl 5 fs and a lvl 2 bm and i lost... I don't see any way of beating that. I microed well focus firing n his air and eventually his bm (which fell) but I ended up losing the battle. i see no way of countering this.

Seamus

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Of course you can counter that, every strat has a counter. For one things Gryphs own wyvs you could use those. And Sorcs and Knights You can Poly them and destroy em with knights. There are tons more but i had those of the top of my head

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Poly air units and kill them with Knights? I think you got your units crossed there bud. And yeah, Gryphs would kick butt, but Gryphs take longer to make, and cost more. I have yet to see a HU player rush to Gryphs in a 1v1. I've seen tons of Rush-2-Wyvs, but not Gryphs.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The fact was he rushed to them and I was pressing on him, killing burrows and running, etc. Do remember that Wyverns are tier 2 and gryphs are tier three (BTW this is TFT)... So I don't see how I could get gryphs before he could get those.

EDIT: And Poly requires tier 3 also.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
aa huh? well here is my fav and ill tell you why:

~4 tanx with barrage (thats about 65 dmg splash to their entire air force per attack)
4-6 hawks depending on what type of air they get (more if its like chims, less if its like vs. gargs)
3-5 gryphs... they do extra dmg to most air and can do 2x dmg to enemy ground with heavy armor
3-5 sorcs... slow vs. air = great obviously but also to invis your air about to die (note not theory craft it is actually very easy to micro invis)

Rifles? not really i would rather spend that gold on sb or more tanx or something i already have planned into my strat.

thats about it; will take out almost any mass air i have encountered. Except 1 thing; mass destroyers! i would have to run my gryphs outta there or attack his heros then. Against destroyer i usualy get like 8 tanx becasue then i can easily counter by killing off his slaughter houses.

if this doesnt work for you man sorry but all i know is it has worked for me many times

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
unfortunatly i know exactly the frustration you feel man..hippos are the same way agasint human...that fast air is killer...i would suggest thats tough...but im suprised that battle wasnt closer then you make it sound...

rifles arent as good as wed like to think vs wyvs...but id say you did a pretty arn good job..as much as i hate to admit it..if you see that happening i guess you have to pump out the gyros...haha man i cringed while typing that

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
hawks man, the unit in my eyes that is 2nd worst human unit (3 guesses to name the least useful) owns air. the best way to beat air is to get some early rifles and quickly tech to get hawks cuz they tier 2 and shackles can take out any air threat. just remember the hotkey lol.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Gryphs and Sorc make a deadly combo against air, but what it makes up in strength you lose out in cost. I've seen people tech to Gyros but I seriously think it's not worth it.

Trouble is if you anticipate air you can't get Master Priest Training quickly (unless you have 2 AS), getting Master Sorc is more useful. That could put you back a little. Luckily, Knights are Tier 3 so you shouldn't really worry about getting those out so early, even seeing air.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah I didn't need to micor those sorcs... autocast. Maybe he microed better than me I don't deny it, I jsut don't know how he would have. He tried to hit my heroes but I ran them while they were slowly picking them off... but they just weren't effective enough. when he realized to screw my heroes he just went through the riflemen like hot knife through butter.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes, human counters to Wyverns:

Archmage - Blizzard (Yes, it does hit them)
Gyrocopters - Flak Cannons (Flak is Tier 3, I don't suggest this)
Gryphon - May do you some good, depends on #s and upgrades.
Dragonhawk Riders - Aerial Shackles (Best choice IMO, tier 2 and always a good prelude to Gryphon.)
Sorceress - Slow + Polymorph (need more than just these to take out the sheep.)
Riflemen - Try to get 3/3 asap, upgrades could be why you lost.
Priest - Only good for the innerfire and heal, won't do much else.

Another key is mercenaries, research into those available on each map and their abilities. Some (such as on Plains of Snow) have the web ability for example. Mercenaries could play a key role in a victory, because they provide skills not normally available to your race of choice.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
oh man i feel sorry for you! the other game(where my allies ****ed me) i just sent all my peons into their burrows and i annihilated their air! :D well, i think in this situataion its safe to get sorcs+rifleman. why? morph the hell outta the air and if u have the dwarf hero, you can keep their hero outta commission. Id even add a few dragon hawks as a distraction. if there was/is a tavern, get beastmaster as your second hero and upgrade his birdie and quill skills.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
i prefer hawks vs. getting rifles because hawks immobilize them and i can set and forget... of course it all depends on what htey go. I mean you wouldnt get like 20 hawks to counter 20 gargs

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Any of you people who said sorcs to polymorph please read. Wyverns are tier 2... when he attacked me. The only thing I see able to counter that is the dragonhawk riders. I had 2/1 rifles, which is pretty good upgrades i guess at keep.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well agaisnt air or any unit its easy if you have priestess use polymorph turn them to sheep and easily kill them :) thats the funniest and the best :)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
honestly, I am not surprised there arn't people complaining of the humans air. dragon hawks are so ****ing cheap, they are completely imbalanced with the net thingy.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Kinda but think about it how many people actually use Dragon hawks sure they have net its ok and they have the stop ranged attack thing wich is also ok but they dont have much hp and dont do much damage dont that good.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OK everyone who said polymorph ^^ please stfu. I already explained how that's impossible in this game so be quiet. I want a TIER 2 COUNTER... Dragonhawk is probably the best choice now that I think about it. =( I didn't have an aviary.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
its not impossible its improbable but its still dint its the best turn into sheep kill then you win continue doing that have some mele you cant go wrong.