How to download JED?

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
are you sure you just didnt try to use a name already used by someone else?

cause i just had a friend dl and install JED last night and he didnt have any problems getting it.

han_solo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thanks for the fast reply

yeah i'm sure, cause i had that problem you mentioned during the first try :)

after i filled out all the forms, it shows me the data on a new page like this:

Username: elkuka33
Email: blabla@bla.com
Time Zone: GMT -6

...with the button finish. but when i press 'finish', it says:

'Could not register new user.'

Now what's wrong there?

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: thanks for the fast reply

Originally posted by han_solo
yeah i'm sure, cause i had that problem you mentioned during the first try :)

after i filled out all the forms, it shows me the data on a new page like this:

Username: elkuka33
Email: blabla@bla.com
Time Zone: GMT -6

...with the button finish. but when i press 'finish', it says:

'Could not register new user.'

Now what's wrong there?
you didnt put in a valid email address. whats going to happen is they are going to email you a confirmation link. and you need to check your email and click the link for your registration to be finalized

han_solo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ah thanks, now its all clear ^^

hey you're the one posting all this information about JED here, so here we go:

- are the bots realm-friendly?
- what about pickit, doesnt it send packets that can easily be identified by the battle.net server? what i know about pickit is it picks items even out of your normal pick range
- do you have the option to leave the pindle game by 'pushing' the save/exit button and not by disconnecting? or do you simply get a disconnect just because of that pickit, are recognized as a cheater and get the cheater's flag? (so you cant join public games anymore)

edit: and how does all this work - does it just emulate mouse-clicks and hotkeys on your local pc (like OGC aimbot for counter-strike), or does it require full access to the internet?

thanks for your time

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ah thanks, now its all clear ^^

hey you're the one posting all this information about JED here, so here we go:

- are the bots realm-friendly?
- what about pickit, doesnt it send packets that can easily be identified by the battle.net server? what i know about pickit is it picks items even out of your normal pick range
- do you have the option to leave the pindle game by 'pushing' the save/exit button and not by disconnecting? or do you simply get a disconnect just because of that pickit, are recognized as a cheater and get the cheater's flag? (so you cant join public games anymore)

edit: and how does all this work - does it just emulate mouse-clicks and hotkeys on your local pc (like OGC aimbot for counter-strike), or does it require full access to the internet?

thanks for your time
of coarse their realm friendly. why would you mf for items on open bnet when you can just create them with an item creator.

pickit has been around forever. for at least the last 3 patch updates and bnet has never done anything about it. i wouldnt worry about pickit

it does the disconnect instead of save n exit because it is quicker. the end result of either is the same so it really doesnt matter either way. i wouldnt know how to change it to save n exit anyhow. so just dont worry bout that.

im not sure if its all with hotkeys or not. i know at least some of it is just mouse controll and hotkeys. but i dont know if all of it is.
of coarse it needs internet access. you cant get into bnet without it. :p but i know what you ment to say. yes, it does send packets to bnet on a couple occasions. like for instance, when you first get on bnet and are in a channel it will click on create game 3 times.. and then on the 4th time it will create a game. this is to verify that you are on bnet.

as far as how to get it all setup. check my sticky thread at the top of this forum titled "Everyone w/ problems concerning JED". their is a complete walkthrough on how to set it up, and links to all pertinant files that you will need for it to work, as well as an edited section at the bottom of the first post that has addressed known bugs and popular problems that ppl have expressed with JED.

han_solo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what i really wanted to know is, if i prevent jed access to the internet with a firewall, but allow diablo2 to connect - does it still work?

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what i really wanted to know is, if i prevent jed access to bnet with a firewall, but allow diablo2 to connect - does it still work?
if you can connect and play on bnet then it will work

han_solo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i just edited my post - of course i wanted to write 'internet', not 'bnet' :D

but im still not able to register :( it still says 'Could not register new user.' even with a valid email adress. could be my browser...

perhaps you could fill out the forms for me if i send you a pm with my data? would be nice ;)

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
its supposed to email you. and your registration wont work untill you click on the link in the email that they send you.

and for me to do that for you would require you to give me all the information about your email address

addy
password
and if its not a hotmail account or other free service then i would have to set it up in outlook in which case id need more information.. like the pop3 addy n stuff.

a pain in the ass.

han_solo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
got no mail so far :(

and because of that message 'Could not register new user.' i dont think i will ever get mail from them

but thanks for all the information

greets, han_solo

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well ive never heard this problem before from anyone. and like i said i helped a friend download and set it up just last night. so i know it works. you must be doing somthing wrong i just dont know what.

han_solo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Aris
its supposed to email you. and your registration wont work untill you click on the link in the email that they send you.

and for me to do that for you would require you to give me all the information about your email address

addy
password
and if its not a hotmail account or other free service then i would have to set it up in outlook in which case id need more information.. like the pop3 addy n stuff.

a pain in the ass.
ahhh no you got me wrong.

i justed asked if you could fill out the forms at diabloworld.com with the information i will send you by PM, so that im able to check my mail after this and activate the account. it seems with opera browser im not able to complete the registration process at diabloworld.

of course you dont need to get my mail, thats my part :)

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ahhh no you got me wrong.

i justed asked if you could fill out the forms at diabloworld.com with the information i will send you by PM, so that im able to check my mail after this and activate the account. it seems with opera browser im not able to complete the registration process at diabloworld.

of course you dont need to get my mail, thats my part :)
sure PM me all the information that its going to ask me for and i can fill the form out for you