How addicted to WoW are you?

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
well if i dident have a 60 paladin i would have quit till xpan because my warrior has everything hes ever wanted.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's a game that doesnt end. In diablo II for instance, its straightforward. You beat all 3 difficulties, then all you can do is get to 99 and cows. But WoW, you can do raid instances with guilds, PvP, etc. Besides, it is something that millions have continued to play. But then there is a point where you just don't want to keep playing, like if you got some decent epics or your "final equipment".
I've played other MMORPG's in the past such as Lineage II, Priston Tale, and other free games, but this one I just can't get hooked. I'm not sure why, I just can't really get into it.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Have you played any of the other Warcraft games? If not that's probably why. You won't know the importance of certain places, such as Ashenvale.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I've played Warcraft III - TFT, and every other Blizzard. The lore doesn't seem that apparent in the quests anyway.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Who on earth reads the quest info anyway? I just want to know the objectives, not the reason behind it.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Who on earth reads the quest info anyway? I just want to know the objectives, not the reason behind it.
Exactly, I like having a story instead of mindless objectives to increase statistics.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Exactly, I like having a story instead of mindless objectives to increase statistics.
That kind of contradicts what renzo said. :S

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Ranzokong said:
Just so you can see how stupid some of these requests are. Usually for a noob, it would be ok. But once you do the quest about 2-3 more times, you pretty much know why you need to do it.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Go to X place and get X items. These items can only be collected by X monster.

Reward: Exp, item, money, some random junk you don't need.

All quests offer different variations.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Sort of, but think of it this way. The quest are so generic, and don't have much story behind them, that no one reads them.
You honestly expect Blizzard to think very long and hard over 5000 quests? Please.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You honestly expect Blizzard to think very long and hard over 5000 quests? Please.
No, I expect Blizzard to create an interesting story, which really wouldn't be that difficult with their resources. Please!

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
WoW has a few quests with a good storyline, such as the King quests in Stormwind.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Most of their big quests that involve dungeons and/or raid encounters have an actual story or purpose. But quests like "Slay 10 mottled boars" don't. For obvious reasons -_-

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
What the **** the slaying 10 moltted boars quest was ****in EPIC

In all seriousness, when I'm bored I read the quest text...They're not ALL bad.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You don't get anything before you're 60, that's old news.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Most of their big quests that involve dungeons and/or raid encounters have an actual story or purpose. But quests like "Slay 10 mottled boars" don't. For obvious reasons -_-
Read my previous post and you probably see why.

qazwsxedc

Reaction score
i don't think i will turned addicted to WoW.. cause i don't have that game.. can someone give a free trial?? so i can tell you when i turned addicted to WoW....

hey guys.. I was influenced by friends... and i found it interesting, but they always asked me for a duel even thought I'm just a low level character.. of course i always get lost cause my opponent are all high level.. so i had to leveled up by the **********.. i cant wait to see them lost.. he!3x:banana

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Please don't double post.

Go to X place and get X items. These items can only be collected by X monster.
That quest template is in like every game lol..

But yeah, some of them are interesting, some of them arent.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but only a few quests were like that. In WoW, you had a % chance of getting it.