Highest burst damage ever?

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I am 41/20/0, so my pet is nasty. Fully buffed with Frenzy and Ferocious Inspiration (pretty much 100%), he's about 350 DPS. With buffs that's more like 400-425.

We have a mage that can crit AB for ~3500, but also can't sustain it.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
What kinda pet is it? A cat?

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Yeah, Bite + Claw + Cobra Reflexes is nice. I tamed a ravager at one point, but was

A) Lazy to level it up to 70, it needed 170k for 64...
B) Didn't research Gore well enough, it just says double damage, but DD =/=(?) Crit = FI proc

Besides, I had the server-first Sian-Rotam, named after the best PvP mage SC has known before he was famouse (he helped me get him), and love him to death. I still get people that are shocked 'omg you named your pet jadelah!!!!' from time to time.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard ravagers were the best dps pets, is it true?

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Meh, it's situational I guess. Gore seems like it's better than Claw, but only 50% of the time because of the double damage part.

www.tkasomething.com if you are interested in hunter mechanics!

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
1362.1 <> 2k.

And I'm sure he's all well buffed and shaite, AB would do more DPS if you had like 1200 spell damage, and was as well specced for it.

Kao, what's your spec? Are you specced for such high dps?
Been there, done that, lasted for 25casts max, as well as mad aggro. You wouldn't know about it because you're too afraid to break the mold.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
On the topic of high dps, what's the highest sustained damage (For over a minute) any of you guys have pulled off? I've sucessfully pulled off about 1050 on Magtheridon, with just LotP. Wtb a melee dps group for my pet :(

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
UPDATE(!): Vashj, stage 1. (Stage 3 I am killing spore bats)

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
When i first started dpsing on Gruul (Months and months ago) my dps was like 980. Haven't ever checked since then. I guess i should've, i've got some pretty ballin' fury gear.