Highest burst damage ever?

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Doing Solarian I came up with this pretty nifty screenshot. Keep in mind I am a hunter.

It would show higher, but my second trinket (off Al'ar) does not factor into my character screen DPS.

Watching SW Stats, it was showing me at about 2k DPS with my pet.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Heh, Solarian is like...

Shade of Aran, but x35025235287515823758q235q38957q3543hqf8uqhbaofug232359 times more difficult. But **** that dumb fight (imo), Vashj is the stuff we excel at and are starting to focus there. Too bad the bow she drops is such a terribly small upgrade over Sunfury, I am considering on passing to another hunter, or melee classes in hopes of Legionkiller.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
dps <> burst damage I reckon.

But yeah, that's quite insane of a dps. No wai I'd get so high soon.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
We use a Null-DKP system which I like alot more than an extremly retarded roll system, or loot council. It's pretty much a guaranteed way of planning out your gear progression, not giving it up to the hands of god. But yeah, Haste potions are your friend.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I swear just about all the hunters i know turned off the suck and decided to try and play their class. We have two in-guild that consistently get first place (Or close to it) on the dmg meters. Not long ago they used to be between 5th and 10th =/

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Hunters are the most gear dependent class in the game. It only means that your hunters got better gear.

Gear scaling sucks, aye.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Meh, in the end, Hunters are, since they need a ranged weapon to funcion, while you can still use your firsts :p

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Overall, warrior dps scales the best with overall gear. Rogue dps scales with their weapon.

EDIT: Hunter DPS isn't based off a weapon as much as you would think, really. We are more of a armor dependant class, you could say (factoring in the new BM changes).

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I never said anything about specific gear area. Yes, Warriors depend a lot more on weapons than say Hunters, but hunters without a ranged weapon are useless, period :p

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Nothing can beat Arcane Blast spam with SPs returning mana, JoW, whatnot, for actual DPS...

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I doubt a mage can keep up their mana even with all that spamming AB.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Once again, DPS <> (or !=, whatever) Burst Damage.

Yes, the highest burst damage (and well, dps in that time too) that can be done ingame is Arcane Blast.

But it won't last for long.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Yeah, for like, maybe 20 seconds? :(

Anyhow, Renzo you should consider using leather pieces if you aren't already. you aren't a tank, so when you pull aggro, your ass is dead anyways. Might as well kick out as much as you can. We've got our war from the Naxx days back, and does even BETTER damage than the one I mentioned earlier, and he uses 4-5 pieces of leather, but can kick some serious ass for a post-BC fury warrior.

If you want to check him out, SSLanfear on Skullcrusher/Ruin.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Nothing can beat Arcane Blast spam with SPs returning mana, JoW, whatnot, for actual DPS...
Actually, this can.

AB spam isn't as good as you might think, what with the mana cost being so goddamn ridiculouly high. Highest "DPS" I've seen off a mage burning down with just AB was something like 1050. Just a hair over the highest ele shammy at 1000. His is 2k. Sustained too, not "well I can hit 1100 dps for about 10 seconds then I'm practically useless for the rest of the fight.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
1362.1 <> 2k.

And I'm sure he's all well buffed and shaite, AB would do more DPS if you had like 1200 spell damage, and was as well specced for it.

Kao, what's your spec? Are you specced for such high dps?