Hello everyone

jabble

Reaction score
hello everyone, i am julia. i have been playing diablo for over 14 yrs. i never knew there was a forum till tonight. i hope to talk to some of you and discuss the game. if you want to chat on yahoo my messenger is firebug_071@yahoo.com. have a great week.

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score

jabble

Reaction score
i was playing diablo 1 when my oldest was 7 months old.....lol... im showing my age......original diablo was released in 1996.

WikiAnswers - When was Diablo released

there was an expansion that wasn't made by blizzard called diablo hellfire released in 1997. and i believe diablo 2 came out in 2000, with the lord of destruction expansion released 2 years later. though i could be wrong on that last one.

i am searching for my proof that it was out in 94 but we didnt have internet back then....not like we do now. but as soon as i can direct you to a site, i will show u....have a great night.

apparently diablo was owned by someone else before blizzard...and blizzard bought the program and redid it and released it in 1996. this is the article i found. and the link to it.

By the time the much improved Warcraft 2 arrived, Command and Conquer was riding high as the most popular RTS. Warcraft 2 managed to temporarily reclaim the crown for Blizzard, but it wasn’t long before Command and Conquer: Red Alert struck back. To this day rabid RTS fans debate over which was the superior title. Luckily the market proved large enough for at least two contenders and both games enjoyed fantastic sales.

Seemingly satisfied with their co-domination of the RTS market, Blizzard decided to shift it’s focus briefly to another genre. They purchased dev. studio Condor and set them to work finishing up a little isometric action RPG called Diablo. They released it in 1996 and the PC gaming market more or less exploded. If you’re not familiar with this game we’d prefer it if you stopped reading this article now. You’re welcome to return to the site once you’ve completed the game a few times. Run along now…and watch out for the butcher.

The History of Blizzard | Casualty Gamer

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
it wasnt out in 1994 on diablo evolution the earliest data they have on diablo 1 is an ALPHA copy which was in may 1996 when the graphics were like this