Has anyone read the SC novels?

fenix_reborn

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have. I own all three that I've seen so far.

#1 Liberty's Crusade- same as the first campaign; a minor bore

#2 Shadow of the Xel'Naga- definitely entertaining, good 3-way war.

#3 Speed of Darkness- more of an inspirational-type book if you ask me. I liked it, but it was kinda sappy at the end, at least for me.

opinions from those who have read these are welcome.

senureMiget

Premium Member
Reaction score
i read libertys crusade its not a bore and its alot better than some of the sh...crap i have to read for school

fenix_reborn

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I called it a "minor" bore. I only mean that if you want something new, don't read the campaigns you've played and know the outcome of. It kinda ruins the story, ya me?

I was in no way dissin the book. I rather like it. It's just that if you didn't know that Kerrigan got infested, the book would rock. Otherwise, it sucks that you already know. Am I being clear? I think that's kinda ramblish, but if you get it, you get it.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no

i tried reading err i think it was Shadow of the Xel'Naga. it was really boring and in my opinion crap. its just another way blizzard gets more money... by making crapy books.

zerogamers

Member!
Reaction score
Website
zerogamers.com
I read Liberty's Crusade ... It sucked, I started reading the second book and stopped :p

Mabey blizzard should stop making books and focus on games :)

senureMiget

Premium Member
Reaction score
Blizzard didn't write the books. I think that one of the authors was voted righter of the year or something like that. Try reading its not About the Bike by Lance Armstrong and then say that the books suck.

panthr_dude

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
THEY acutally have a novel for sc...

wow i didnt know that:D:D:D

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i think its a waste of money for blizzard making that kind of crap. btw no i did not read any of the sc books....

God Illuvatar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I read all three of the books and own the first one, Liberty's Crusade. While the books are not particularly up to my reading level, the do help flesh out the storyline, give you background information, and bring the "God Mode" of Starcraft down to a soldier's view.