H~Your favorite human starting strat...

TheSilverHand03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Your favorite human starting strat...

I go...3 peasants to mine... 1 peasant build farm and one to build barracks Build two peasants When farmer done send to help barracks when first peasant comes out send him to to wood second peasant to come out send him to make altar and when barracks is done send both to mine then make more peasants to go wood

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
teh edd's strat (pretty much everyone's)

~all to mine, first one out to altar (am then militia to scout)
~que like 5 peasants (more when you have gold), first to rax, 2nd to farm (then to wood), 3rd to mine, 4th to farm (keeps making farms), 5th to wood, 6th to wood (keep in mind that you should keep making peasants to wood, around 7-8 should suffice, when gold permits)
~when am is done you should have like 3 footies, take them and 4 lumber peasants to militia and go creep yourself a gold mine, leave 2 peasants to powerbuild a hall and the other two to wood.
~build like 2 towers in main base and 2 towers expo during your tech.
~make a sanctum and a workshop/aviary (depending on opponent)

this usually is my strat

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
When i want a few units and my hero fast...i que a few peasants and take the first starting peasant to make barracks, and the another to make an altar...send the rest to gold...then first peasant out i make farm ofcourse.... etc.

When i want to chill and make some money.....i send 4peasants to gold, and make an altar with the fifth, and then i take the first peasant THAT I MAKE and build a barracks.....etc...

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
4 for gold, 5th peasant for Altar then lumber, 6th from Hall to make a farm then lumber, 7th to make Barracks then lumber, 8th to make farm then lumber, 9th, 10th lumber, a farm, one of the next 11th or if i get 12th - gold/lumber

thegame

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My build order is pretty much like yours except that the 6th peasant from the hall makes barracks and the 7th one makes a farm.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dark mage's one is more forcused on getting to tier 2 while thegame's one is focused a bit more on tier 1.....lol....although it doesnt make that much of a difference!!!

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thegame
My build order is pretty much like yours except that the 6th peasant from the hall makes barracks and the 7th one makes a farm.
I also used to make Barracks first but I thought, it's better to have AM first. When you have Barracks, you wait for the farm to complete to get -not enough food.
In the other case you dont wait for farm and as soon as Altar is ready you get the hero. However you may get 1 footman less but when you harass it doesnt matter, I dont always harass with footmen because i just give them exp if i lose these 1-2 footmen

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am totally the opposite whenever i get a fast expo...i end up with some excess money or i dont get enought wood to complement it!!! I should work more on that....

thegame

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Dark Mage
I also used to make Barracks first but I thought, it's better to have AM first. When you have Barracks, you wait for the farm to complete to get -not enough food.
In the other case you dont wait for farm and as soon as Altar is ready you get the hero. However you may get 1 footman less but when you harass it doesnt matter, I dont always harass with footmen because i just give them exp if i lose these 1-2 footmen

Yeah i know the farm completes a bit later than the altar.
For that, i take out a peasant from the goldmine and make a farm with him before my 7th peasant is out. The 7th peasant then goes to the goldmine.

This way i have 2 footmen by the time my AM is out.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Originally posted by quiksilver87
I am totally the opposite whenever i get a fast expo...i end up with some excess money or i dont get enought wood to complement it!!! I should work more on that....
there are some wondeful things in the game called "upgrades" :p

just nuke all your money on an army and when you see that you have bajillion dollars upg something and go bum rush the enemy base. then you should be able to remake a better army with the gold you have.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah...but i think it would be better to make more unit producing structures and make a better well rounded army like you do. Bum rush the enemy's base?? ummm that wouldnt be so good coz ur dishing out free experience to them!! And its a waste....It also takes a LOT of money to rebuild an army! I get excess money but not that much...

thegame

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Is it worth to spend money on armour/attack upgrades in solo games. People have different opinions.

I upgrade the attack and armour atleast once.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well... I think it is worth it. if you have enough units that are under the effect of the upgrade upgrade....For example Ne would have it the best because(If im not mistaken) their first upgrade at the Huntress hall benefits the archers and the huntresses.(Only 1 upgrade...the top left one)...So if a Ne is massing Tier 1 units It would be well worth the upgrade.....

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, and it is better to harass than flame because of the fewer mana cost and you can do it more times

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
and am is alot faster than bm when they both dont have boots. so it is easier to run away with.

anyways the only heros you should go with human first should be arch mage for power creeping or harrass, MK for hero sniping, Panda for early slow and good tanking, beast master for power creeping.

i know i will be argued with but imo those are the best "first" hero.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah especially in the new patch when the boots of speed in the merchant..is only available later on....

Lol....no ur right about them all IMO...