H~Rifle/Sorc/Breaker/Priest? Maybe?

SpelL_BreakeR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rifle/Sorc/Breaker/Priest? Maybe?

Recently, I've been trying a new strategey a friend suggested to me and I'd thought I'd share it with anyone who cares to check. The basic idea is to start out you normally would and eventually end up with 1 Barracks, 2 Arcane Sanctums and prefferably an AM for a hero. Your main force would consist of a bulk of rifles with a handful of breakers and sorceresses with the addition of priests. Reply and tell me an error or an improvement or whatever you'd like to tell me. Thanks.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
If it is Hum vs Hum and the other human also has breakers, sorceresses arent recommeneded. Also you should get a MK or neutral hero as second.Rifles with 'long rifles' and upgrade them instead of melee attack. Without knights it works fine if the other also doesnt have mass knights and something else.
vs orc it would own
vs NE, ownage
vs UD possible but with their impale+ nova+ coil Im not very sure

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
So that is considered rifles+casters correct? I think it is too mixed for my blodd considering I hae very poor micro :(.

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
If you're going to dual barracks and arcane sactuary expand early. So you can have enough gold. I would suggest creeping out a gold mine with an archmage (water elemental), 2-4 footmen and some miltia. I would have a back up plan though, because some heavey melee could take you out, so maybe polymorph, or stuff like that.

SpelL_BreakeR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i never end up getting dual barracks, its not special i just pump out rifles asap and keep getting a mix of sorcs/priests/and breakers im wondering if its a good idea to upgrade the breakers to whatever so they control summoned or is it a waste?

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
It is definatley work it if you have good micro too control the lot of the group.

SpelL_BreakeR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
to micro for this you would have breakers in front then a layer of priests and sorcs and then rifles and AM right?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I almost never have 2 barracks, sometimes at tier 3 to get 2 knights once I have expand, and rarely 2 Sanctums. With combination of all casters it is fine. But vs another Human who makes this i would just use AOE spell on priests,sorc and mass rifles. AOE can eliminate casters but Ive lost from rifles. Even if you have blizzard it's not good to rely on footmen that you have from tier1. You need knights or better dont fight unless you have stable melee.

SpelL_BreakeR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i guess its mandatory to get melee in solo but im a team player and my allies always get some melee so i can focus on other things

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Breakers are ranged melee like Hunts that have like 200 range or something. Either way Breakers are crappy for meat. If you get more then 3 breakers then you're stupid. Get knights.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Breakers are ranged but that is right. Make 3 breakers and quickly tech to knights. If the other human uses AM and BM and bliz+ flame you can make like 6-7 breakers with priests only in this case.

SpelL_BreakeR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so your saying something like AM, 3 breakers, ? knights, ?sorcs, ?priests?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
It all depends on races. This is good for human without the sorc

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Always try to mix in Mortars vs. NE, otherwise you could have some trouble taking out some of the units, despite the Rifleman's piercing damage.

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Well, I've tried this strat out a couple times and I've discovered this:

Vs. NE: Works pretty good, until the hunts + Hips waste you.
Vs. Humans: Take out the sorc. and it works wonders
Vs. UD: Works very well

It also depends very eavily on your micro and since I'm a bit new to melee, and my micro is decent, I'm probably not working this strat to its full effectiveness. All things come with practice however.

-Frank :cool: