Gods Existence...real or not.

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
The fact that the Bible is just a story, is there really a divine being that created us in his/her image, or have we been placed here by some other being? Those that believe it's evolution, feel free to say so. But anyhow, I find that God, and the like are a bunch of nonsense, seeing as to how that no one ever gets what they want in life. The rich get richer, and the poor stay poor, except Bil Gates, who is the only exception. My philosophy is that life is what you make it, and that you have 100% control over what happends, even death. Though death is just a new life waiting to begin, or the same life starting over, whichever way, its still in our controll.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
Incase anyone needs reminding, yes I do believe in God.

As for the bible, to put it simply, if you use the bible for philosophical, moral, etc, and not for a literal history, understand the time period it was written in, and the languages it was written in (Hebrew for OT and Greek for NT), then I think it is a powerful moral work written through divine influence. Not much more I can say on the bible.

As for the whole argument that has always been said that evolution disproves the church, bible, etc, that is completely a black and white picture. I'm pretty sure it was in 1996 that the JP2 made a speech on this that talked about how there was a complete difference in different sects of people who believe in evolution. They are basically athestic evolution and theistic evolution. I personally do believe in theistic evolution, which in no way contradicts anything in the bible, if you understand the bible.

As for any actual evidence that I could put in to the supporting God category off the top of my head are the words of Thomas Aquinas. All that means is every uncaused action must have a cause, which is basically asking what is the 'uncaused cause' that created the matter/energy that was actual in the big bang or however the universe we see it today was created and how everything in the universe just runs so nicely, such as why are scientific laws constant and such. Though it can't actually prove my God exists, it does hint as some kind of god/s.

Anywho, thats just a quick overview of the questions asked, if anyone has anything they want me to go into due to not understanding my wording or something, feel free to ask.

The rich get richer, and the poor stay poor, except Bil Gates, who is the only exception
What does that have to do with God, that is just an economic system.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
SoD-GoD said:
The rich get richer, and the poor stay poor
notice the ways you put it: the rich get richer(inclining they actually do something to get the money), and the poor stay poor(inclining they dont do anything to try and get rich...they just stay poor...)

so anyways, yes, i believe in the God of Jacob, ive been lead astray from my christian life before, but it left me feeling like something was missing from my life. A few months later, I started reading my bible more often and going to church more often and it felt like that thing that was missing was slowly returning...

also, what are your views on 'lucy'?

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Lucifer, a meer figment of any "rightious" persons imagination. Lucifer, the first to give an idea to the father, is a meer spirit, according to some. In my views, Lucifer is only a myth, a meer thought that never was, and never will be.

What I meant by the rich get richer, and the poor stay poor, is that the rich, do absolutely nothing different from the poor, and get what the poor rightfully deserve.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
SoD-GoD said:
Lucifer, a meer figment of any "rightious" persons imagination. Lucifer, the first to give an idea to the father, is a meer spirit, according to some. In my views, Lucifer is only a myth, a meer thought that never was, and never will be.

What I meant by the rich get richer, and the poor stay poor, is that the rich, do absolutely nothing different from the poor, and get what the poor rightfully deserve.
what?

I disagree with your theory on the rich and poor part, mainly because i know a thing or two about buisiness, and the only rich that sit around and do nothing are the ones that inherit money or invent something and then have managers take care of everything...anyways, by your way of thinking, we would be better off as communists so whatever

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
What I'm saying is, the rich that do the same job as the poor, get greater rewards. I see what your saying TBS, but I truely wish for no govnerment at all. Yes, comunism would make everyone equal, but its still a government. My views on that matter are related to this topic in no way whatsoever. But back on topic, what are your views on Lucifer?

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
notice the ways you put it: the rich get richer(inclining they actually do something to get the money), and the poor stay poor(inclining they dont do anything to try and get rich...they just stay poor...)
youll find that the people who work their asses off the most get the smallest paychecks. and the people who were born rich never have to work for anything. its easier to make money if you have money... cant open up a buisness without money, cant do much stockwise, cant buy your way into politics. we dont live in a fair world.

and on the topic of god.... i dont bother myself with the idea of god. if a god exists i'll find out after i die, or if he wants me to know he exists im sure he'll let me know. until then ill live my life however i want.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Is this thread a theological or economic discussion? It seems to be incorporating both aspects.

On the theology side, I agree with amrtin's agnostic point of view. It doesn't matter to me if God exists or not, since it doesn't matter if God exists. I'm not going to live my life differently for a God which may or may not exist, and I'm not going to waste precious seconds trying to ponder something which cannot be proven either way. No matter what, I think if there is a God, he doesn't take the time to interfere with our lives. As SoD stated originally, we make our own fate.

On the economic side, as the saying goes, "The harder you work, the less you get paid." Notice that the hardest, most aggravating and demeaning jobs, like McDonalds grill boy, pay the least, while jobs where you sit behind a desk and do a little paper work all day pay a lot. This system isn't unfair the way I see it. Being paid more motivates people to work at being able to qualify for such a job, since that's what it takes, work. The system is designed so that you can make your own fate.. If you want to be poor, you'll be poor. If you're poor and don't want to be, there's college and student loans for a reason. Get a degree and a good job. If that is somehow unfair, well, I don't remember ever being told life was, or ever should be, fair.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
SoD-GoD said:
But anyhow, I find that God, and the like are a bunch of nonsense, seeing as to how that no one ever gets what they want in life.
God isn't here to give you worldly things... :rolleyes

-Azrael666- said:
No matter what, I think if there is a God, he doesn't take the time to interfere with our lives. As SoD stated originally, we make our own fate.
That's because God gave us free will. God has a plan for all of us but we can choose to reject it and live our own way in this life.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Renzokuken said:
God isn't here to give you worldly things... :rolleyes

That's because God gave us free will. God has a plan for all of us but we can choose to reject it and live our own way in this life.
God also promotes hard working and being a righteous being. For example: If you go around and rape/pillage the neighboring towns. Then you will end up in jail and get nowhere. But if you do good deeds and work hard you can improve your lifestyle. God doesn't just give people 1 million dollars.

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
CelestialBadger, flame in the designated forum.

Renzokuken, you sound like someone of the Christian faith, only with a little more depth. I myself have been taught many things about God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, the three god-heads, but I find that everything that has been taught to me hasn't helped me at all.

I know that there is some greater being that placed this world, and all others, in an order that is to make a perspective for one and all beings. I just have lost my faith in "God," seeing as how he "loves" me and wishes for my choices to be spiritual instead of Earthly. How am I supposed be believe in one greater being that "loves" me, yet has never once, in my life, shown any such love. All that I've ever recieved from any greater being is a trial of hell on Earth, and the great knowledge that I have to make the correct choice to be with a being that has not once shown any great appreaciation for anything...

My faith in "God" is gone.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
S T F U

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
SoD-GoD said:
All that I've ever recieved from any greater being is a trial of hell on Earth, and the great knowledge that I have to make the correct choice to be with a being that has not once shown any great appreaciation for anything...

My faith in "God" is gone.
What? So you expect an easy life from God? It just doesn't work that way... God doesn't just interfere into our lives like that. But i believe that if we lived in Gods image and lived for him and followed his plan, our lives would be much more fruitful and prosperous. But i wouldn't say that it'd be easier.

Besides, think of what God has been put through. He created us and we threw it back in his face by eating that apple that Satan tempted us with. It's like you creating an awesome model of a ship or something and have the person you give it to break it because some mean guy tempted him. Not fair is it?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Renzokuken said:
What? So you expect an easy life from God? It just doesn't work that way... God doesn't just interfere into our lives like that. But i believe that if we lived in Gods image and lived for him and followed his plan, our lives would be much more fruitful and prosperous. But i wouldn't say that it'd be easier.

Besides, think of what God has been put through. He created us and we threw it back in his face by eating that apple that Satan tempted us with. It's like you creating an awesome model of a ship or something and have the person you give it to break it because some mean guy tempted him. Not fair is it?
So you think humans are broken? I do

Zerglite

Reaction score
think about this, its obvious that people existed B.C.

then think about this the bible was written somewhere around 0

how did, all of a sudden, people just go, "oh" yea...... theres a thing bigger than use called god... right.... we just didnt know about it the other 50000 years of human existence!

i think that jesus was some pre-hitler, a very powerfull speaker who changed all the masses into christianity to make himself a diety

and guess what people...

IT WORKED....

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Zerglite said:
think about this, its obvious that people existed B.C.

then think about this the bible was written somewhere around 0

how did, all of a sudden, people just go, "oh" yea...... theres a thing bigger than use called god... right.... we just didnt know about it the other 50000 years of human existence!

i think that jesus was some pre-hitler, a very powerfull speaker who changed all the masses into christianity to make himself a diety

and guess what people...

IT WORKED....
You don't really know the bible do you? The OT is essencialy a collection of stories, not relating to god. It is historical fact about a mass exodus of Jews from Egypt, and much of the OT is essentialy stories of historical events slightly changed due to belief in a diety. Other stories like Noah's arc and such historicaly outdate the bible, infact that and many other stories have been around for a long, they were changed to incorperate God. People didn't just go "oh lets write a book", the book was always there, it however was never written down.

Jesus didn't change all the masses into Christianity, you have the Romans and Constantine for that. If Jesus existed I do not know, but I believe the NT (which was written 200 years after Jesus) does not explain about one man, but is a symbol of what man should be. I hate people who disproove the bible because they read it in a literal sense. It is suposed to be interpreted in a more symbolic way.

Zerglite

Reaction score
eh maybe you're right, but everyone is entitled to thier opinion, whether they go to hell for it or if it even exists is something that can never be known, until you die that is

so going off that note we can only speculate while we are alive, and most choose to hope for the best ( heaven )

while i just come to the conclusion that once you die, its over, you cease to exist, and you stay in the ground as your body decays

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I look at the bible for a foundation for good movies and songs.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Static said:
I look at the bible for a foundation for shitty movies and songs.
Fixed it for you.

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
I'm sure god/s or 'God' does exist.

BUT...

I'm not going to live my life by the edicts set down by the church. Why, you may ask. The original 'word of God' in the original Bible is so warped that it isn't worth living your life by it. It simply doesn't make sense. You can really thank the KJ Bible for that.