Godly Melee Sorc Guide Idea

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Godly Melee Sorc

Couldn't find a proper thread to post this in, since this is not a true guide, so i made one hope thats ok. (Please don't lynch me) Anyways on to buissiness.

I had an idea on a godly melee sorc, but not sure if it would work out well. I would love some feedback on ideas or changes. This will be a helper sorc, with Enchant, Static, and Chained Lightning till all gear is used.

Stats:
Str - enough for gear
Dex - enough for max block
Life - all the rest
Energy - 100 would do I think

Gear:
Weapon 1 - Beast
Weapon 2 - Call to Arms ( for BO,BC)
Armor - Bramble
Shield 1 - Storm Shield
Shield 2 - Sanctuary
Helm - Shako
Gloves - Dracul's Grip
Boots - Gore Riders
Belt - String of Ears
Ring 1 - Stone of Jordan
Ring 2 - Ravenfrost
Amulet - Highlords

Skills: Total Points 103
Energy Shield 20
Enchant 20
Warmth 20
Fire Mastery 20
Telekinesis 16
Firebolt 1
Fireball 1
Teleport 1
Static Field 1
Charged Bolt 1
Lightning 1
Chain Lightning 1

All of this together will allow for:
Werebear form, Grizzly minion, Spirit of Barbs, Fanatasim Aura, Thorns aura, Battle Command, Battle Orders, Battle Cry, resists of 90%, great def, good life, excellent mf percentage, amazing + to skills, and anything else I had forgotten.

So all this would make a werebear sorc that would be immune to almost everything, with a tank bear, killer auras, enchanted weapon for added damage to weapon, and not to mention Energy Shield will absorb just about all as well.
Needless to say I have all this gear on many different characters in old ladder. (now non-ladder)

Add to that a Holy Freeze merc with Shaftstop, BotD, and Gaze.
Socketed with death Facets of any kind. (preferably poison and fire)

My question is would this build work, if not, can it work with some tweaking.

If your feelin froggy leap, if not, get off my lilly pad! Kermit D Frogg (Drunk)

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Use angelic combo, you need AR. For weapon, you might even consider using a Fury phaseblade or BotD phaseblade. Use gore riders, not travlers. You need a stormshield if you want to melee, not much of a choice there. Verdungos>String. Use highlords not maras. Put all remaining points into telekenisis. I'd elaborate more but i have to go to school

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
You never gave any idea for armor. I'd assume CoH. I also wouldent use energy sheild because you wont have that much mana to absorb; and it would be a waste.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Except that the aura on Bramble doesn't work.

irdamage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the bramble aura isnt worth the 2 skills and resistance u loose if he were to use COH

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
why would u use rhyme as a second shield :\
and belt i recommend trangs (or any cham'd armor) if u use angelics
why kokomal rather than ss.....

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Khull
You never gave any idea for armor. I'd assume CoH. I also wouldent use energy sheild because you wont have that much mana to absorb; and it would be a waste.
If not NRG sheild, where else would you put the points?

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
one of the armors,liek shivr armor for extra defence?

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Guru
If not NRG sheild, where else would you put the points?
Energy Shield is onyl effective if you have alot of mana. Obviously this is melee so he's gonna have little mana.
one of the armors,liek shivr armor for extra defence?
Shiver, or chilling would be more ideal than ES. Like Jim said

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think NRG would be beneficial seeing as he has a max warmth, however you might considerer putting 10 into ES+10 into telekenisis, and the rest in a cold armor

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
What's the point of telekinesis?

DDRaddict

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/sorceress-lightning.shtml

Each point in Telekinesis makes Energy Shield's damage absorption more effective. By default, for each point of damage absorbed by Energy Shield, 2 mana points are deducted - a 200% ratio. Each hard skill point in Telekinesis makes Energy Shield 6.25% more effective. For example, with 8 points in Telekinesis, 1.5 mana points are deducted for each point of damage absorbed - a 150% ratio. With 16 points in Telekinesis, one point of damage absorbed equals one point of mana loss - a 100% ratio.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
I still say maxing shiver or chilling armor would be more ideal than ES+Telekenesis.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
wow thanks everyone for the replies and comments. I have revised my gear, skills, and stats. My overall idea is to take as minimal damage as possible. Energy shield will obsorb most of the damage, and with good resists elemental damage I wont have to worry about. Im still unsure about the stats and what is good for point allocation into energy, need a bit of help here i think, but it seems to still be doable what do you think.

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
keep just one point into energy shield you should max chilling armor and put one point into cold mastery then max one of the senergys to chilling aromor (frozen armor, shiver armor)

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
May I ask what the benifit is over over energy shields absorb, since I will be a werebear doing no elemental magic. I know that works for a sorc that needs her mana to do her magic, but once I'm in werebear form I can't do any magic at all. Or am I missing something.

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
energy shield absorbs some damage you take to your mana instead of life. You should have at least one point into energy shield cause you have no use for mana while fighting in werebear.... and seeing as how sorcs get the most mana on level, its worth at least 1 point

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Meh, I would still rather have points into defense, making it harder to be hit, and a chance to do some extra damage on the side :)

But you guys should go ask EEX about his 1.10 meleesorc (before beast, FYI).