Gg?

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
So... cripple + lvl 3 howl of terror = damage reduction 100% = without dispel = gg. I know that HoT lasts only 15 seconds but the cooldown is 12 seconds so he can immediately cast it again when it ends. And cripple lasts 60 seconds.. and those two combined, enemy units do no damage at all.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Too bad cripple can be dispelled. Howl of Terror I believe has to be waited out. Quite often, most people and noobs for that matter spam skeletons without knowing the awesomeness of cripple.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Harris.On.Rento said:
So... cripple + lvl 3 howl of terror = damage reduction 100% = without dispel = gg. I know that HoT lasts only 15 seconds but the cooldown is 12 seconds so he can immediately cast it again when it ends. And cripple lasts 60 seconds.. and those two combined, enemy units do no damage at all.

nice observation. I think this could work against another UD because it gets dispel too late in the game.

Hellwolf_36 said:
Too bad cripple can be dispelled. Howl of Terror I believe has to be waited out. Quite often, most people and noobs for that matter spam skeletons without knowing the awesomeness of cripple.

cripple rules man, for me it has the same neutralizing effect as polymorph.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Cripples only useful on units that do loads of damage, which are usually high tier units. As for heroes, it's only useful if they are in a state which does lots of damage like metamorphosis or if you are trying to surround and kill them.

Vs. an army of regular units, you are better off using skeletons and frenzing a couple of your high hp units.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
cripple rules man, for me it has the same neutralizing effect as polymorph.
I know it rules, I use it the campaigns and in melee to cripple hard to kill units and make them easier to kill. Just some people don't use it and end up getting killed by units that could have easily been stopped once crippled.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
I know it rules, I use it the campaigns and in melee to cripple hard to kill units and make them easier to kill. Just some people don't use it and end up getting killed by units that could have easily been stopped once crippled.
Yeah, too bad it is so easy to dispel it, actually that is why polymorph isn't used so much too.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Exactly, as said in my first post of this thread :)

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I have forgotten about that post :), sorry.
Anyway I will try in few games to rush (against UD only) too cripple and see what it comes out. I mean large scale, I'll try to cripple about 5 units(the most powerful), until the opponent gets destro, because after that necro become useless.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I started to use cripple quite a bit in the final mission for UD in both brands. Cripple in RoC makes gryphons look like garbage and FT will make Myrimidons and Dragon Turtles suck.

Who you use it on is what the strategy is for. Just remember, that it can be dispelled.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
The easy dispel shortcoming practically makes it useless in TFT on battle.net

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well obviously. All races can dispel it manually, and spell breakers can manually give cripple to someone else. Besides the 100% in that scenario only lasts 15 seconds.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Cripple is MANUALLY debufed by the breakers now?
I new that only unholy frenzy could be stollen by breakers manually, cripple was automatic.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
This is all theory craft. -100% sounds good, but in practise is impractical. Also Cripple will effect a strong unit, but the initial casting will leave a necromancer with alot less mana. 150 mana only allows for a few casting, then your necro on the field becomes rather useless as it can't cast much else.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I've tried is yesterday on the battle.net and it worked fine, it was against an undead. He wasn't much of a player but this theory worked fine, I didn't had much trouble except with that big as low armor pit lord. He almost died on me.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
I've tried is yesterday on the battle.net and it worked fine, it was against an undead. He wasn't much of a player but this theory worked fine, I didn't had much trouble except with that big as low armor pit lord. He almost died on me.
Good, now try it on a player who doesn't suck

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Unless you have more men then he has and you harass his pants off.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You might as well go necrowagon, since you will sure as hell be defenseless tier 2. If you aim to use cripple, by then, your opponent will bust out the fairie dragons, dryads, walkers, priests, breakers, or the worst of them all... destroyers...

I don't think focusing a strategy on cripple is a great idea. You are better off going necrowagon and hitting at tier 2 before he gets dispell units. Think of cripple as a bonus, rather than of main use. ONLY use it on high DPS/food units like wyverns, tauren or use it when trying to kill their hero.