Gamespot: 10 Games We're Scared To Play

Dauroth

Harbinger of Doom
Reaction score
Gamespot posted a video where they list 10 games that they're scared to play, or in other words, games that will destroy our social lives! Here is the link for the video, and here's the list of all the games they are talking about:

1. Borderlands
2. Diablo III
3. Forza Motorsport 3
4. Dragon Age: Origins
5. Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad Of Gay Tony
6. Trials HD
7. World Of WarCraft
8. Mass Effect 2
9. Fallout 3
10. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

What time do you plan to spend playing some of these games?

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
I think GTA is way overrated when it comes to how long it stays entertaining. The same goes for Mass Effect 2. Not really that much to do after beating all storylines once.

For Fallout 3 it depends on if you're using the pc to play it on, since user generated content is just really affecting. Borderlands depends also on how much of a community it will generate. It'll be no fun if there's only a few people to play co-op with, since that's what makes the game fun in my opinion.

I'm not really a present day shooter fan, MMO fan or sport/racing game fan. That means WoW, Forza 3 and MW2 do nothing to me.

No, the real danger lies in Dragon Age. I mean, there will be continuous additions to the game in the for of dlc. And not just for a short while! Two years is what they promised us. And as Bioware usually keeps their word, I think that this is regularly going to cost me quite a few hours over the next two years. If it's as good as everybody says, that is.

Edit: Not sure about D3 yet. Depends on a few things that don't really have anything to do with the game itself. :/
But at least Starcraft: Ghost will be released... someday. I hope.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yeah Borderlands, I'm getting that as soon as my uni is done with for the year, so it's not a distraction!

Dauroth

Harbinger of Doom
Reaction score
Tyrael said:
Diablo 3? Forever of course.
Quoted for truth!

Speaking of Dragon Age, can somebody tell me is that worth playing? :O

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
Never heard of it.
You know there's a flying monster in Borderlands with the name Rakanishu?

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
Dragon Age is like, THE best upcoming rpg this year. Possibly even for next year. It's made by the same team that did Knights of the Old Republic and such. It's going to be epic. Only a few more days until I can get it. Already given up on getting Fallout 3. Stupid gamestores not getting their supply!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Apparently Dragon Age is all it's cracked up to be. Read reviews, watched reviews, they all same the same good stuff. The game is good. And if you like long RPGs, this is definitely for you; one review I watched, the guy mentioned that he was 30 hours in and approximately 30% through the main story. So yeah, pretty awesome.

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
Apparently Dragon Age is all it's cracked up to be. Read reviews, watched reviews, they all same the same good stuff. The game is good. And if you like long RPGs, this is definitely for you; one review I watched, the guy mentioned that he was 30 hours in and approximately 30% through the main story. So yeah, pretty awesome.
30:30, what a beautiful ratio.

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
Not to mention the flow of dlc for at least 2 years and various leaderboard-ish functions that keep the game interesting even if you manage to plow through all content before new stuff is released.

Dauroth

Harbinger of Doom
Reaction score
Tyrael said:
You know there's a flying monster in Borderlands with the name Rakanishu?
Yeah, I heard that! It's interesting that Diablo III will feature an environment called Borderlands! :D

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
GTA's overestimated on how "fun" it lasts, mostly because it never gets "fun".

The First mass effect was boring as hell. I doubt 2 will change that based on the commercial success of the first.

Diablo III does sound like it'll continue the tradition of being addicting, I just really hate the classes revealed so far. Too mundane and derivative for my taste. I'm crossing fingers on the last class to be awesome.

Fallout 3 is everything it is hyped to be. The DLC were total shit with the exception of broken steel, but that gets a pass only because it extends the main game. I lost my wife and family because of Fallout 3 and now I'm alone. Probably the only reason I'm not still playing it is my computer had a stroke and I lost my save file.

I have the .dvd file of Modern warefare 2 but ran out of DL disks, so I'm jumping off the walls waiting to get more. Hopefully as good as the first. Anything would be better than the abortion of a game that was world at war.

No disks, can't comment on borderlands.

WoW has always sucked. Couldn't keep me interested for more than an hour.

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
o_O Good point.

Still, I wouldn't just discard WoW as being a bad game. I've watched a friend of mine play it a bunch of times, and it looks like quite a good rpg overall. I mean, it probably has more content already then all rpg games of last year combined. :/

And raiding a dungeon with 40 people is just plain cool.

Dauroth

Harbinger of Doom
Reaction score
I never actually doubted that WoW is a good RPG! I mean, the number of people playing it says it all! But when it comes to gameplay, it's not my type! But thumbs up for those who are playing it!

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
WoW is an acquired taste, or you have to of already given up your life. Either way the world gets a little darker and you lose a bit of your soul every day (which is why I don't play it after I tried it lol).

Dauroth

Harbinger of Doom
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried that 10-day Free Trial version from Blizzard's Official Site! Most of the guys I know that are playing WoW intensively say to me that 10 days is not enough to get into WoW! Perhaps they are right, but those 10 days were not enough to convince me to actually buy it!

cathleen

Reaction score
I like to play games.
playibut Dragon Age seems to be very scared while playing.