From the froont lines in Baghdad...

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
From the front lines in Baghdad...

A group of marines wre supposed to meet a comvoy by a river in Baghdad. The convoy stopped, one of the trucks blew a tire. The group of marines met the convoy right by the river. A communications expert named Brad got a call on his radio saying they were changing the radio encryptions. So while he as changing it in all the trucks there was an explosion, just across the river. The marines ignored it, then there was another explosion. A little closer but the marines still ignored it. Then a third explosion just across the road sends dirt raining on the marine's heads. They were being attacked by a mortar. Brad ran out of the vehicle and readied his assault rifle (Not an M16). He saw a flash and a mortar moved the trucks a little. Brad fired 3 times on 3 round burst. The mortar fiing stopped.

This was a true story from my step brother Brad. Part of the U.S. Marine corps

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't know how to rate this, as it is a true story, and no rating could justify it. In my opinion, it can't, anyway. Tell your step-brother, when you can, "Good luck, stay alive, and you have friend, family, and allies awaiting him at home."

I honestly don't know what else to say. I'm an Air Force brat and lived in Turkey during the first Persian Gulf conflict.

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
You lived in a turkey? J/K. I think the story was kinda good, although I don't think Marines would ignore explosions...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Hellwolf gives you a 6/10, you have incomplete sentences (fragments) all over the story. Good because it is a historical fact, but you need to replace some periods with commas

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Oh well, at least you didn't make the story like that guy who made the thread "Zerglings Rule" its now in the Void!