Forzen Orb or Blizzard for MF sorc?

Reaction score
What do you think is better?? This question is based on the new ladder season. So obviously you don't have uber gear.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends. if you just kill bosses, probably go fire. If you kill minions lots, I'd go cold.

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Definitely go with Blizzard. It kills very fast and you don't need "uber" gear. Good for killing both meph and andy (though orb would be better for andy).

BTW blizzard kills faster than meteor (ive tried it, meph dies in about 13 seconds, no uber gear like fathom equipped ;) )

EDIT: well, orb kills the minions faster in Andy's place

Kaison

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Induhvidual_1 said:
Definitely go with Blizzard. It kills very fast and you don't need "uber" gear. Good for killing both meph and andy (though orb would be better for andy).

BTW blizzard kills faster than meteor (ive tried it)
Blizzard is much stronger than Frozen orb

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
blizz is omg strong... not weak at all. expecially since a moving enemie can be hit 2-3x by 1 blizz

aT)CrUnK

Reaction score
Put it this way, Frozen orb is for killing mass amounts of enemies without having to precisely pick the location of the attack. Meaning it basically is like the amazons multiple shot.. You dont even need to be a noob to use a frozen orb sorc vs any monster; however, Blizz sorcs are used to kill bosses due to the massive ammounts of damage they deal and the ammount of negative res one can obtain

I recommend not TRYING to mf... For those of you willing to do something for me i will, in exchange, help you with getting items for Diablo 2 (I WILL NOT GET THE ITEMS FOR U! I will TELL u how to get items faster then all those mfing idiots)

DeathProphet

Member!
Reaction score
Number1yangsta said:
What do you think is better?? This question is based on the new ladder season. So obviously you don't have uber gear.
Orb = Mf Nightmare, Blizz = Mf Hell... And what the **** are u talking about blizzard does 10k with uber gear. Orb is like average 6k with uber gear.

like death phantom, cold facet shield, good ormus, nightwing, 3 to cold skills amulet and good 1 to cold gc's

BUT...

LIGHTNING OWNS U ALL WITH UBER GEAR!!

my new ladder sorc has 2.1 k mana with energy shield and base health and merc insight lvl 17... rofls gg gl hf :butterfly :wasted :rofl2 :baby :dance

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
My FO does 10k guys! holy shit! :eek:

bbags

Member!
Reaction score
my lightning does only 28 k ive seen better

vampire-blade

Member!
Reaction score
Ok, I went and looked into this on the character build guide in the stickies, and chose to use SweatyOgers Orb mf sorc. This build actually does work extreemly well and i dont have "uber gear" What I use is skullders armor, infreno stride demonhide boots, spirit sword (30fcr), peasnt crown war hat (with flawless topaz lol), 2 nagel rings, mf ammy, and the unique round shield that gives 1 to sorc skill lvls (i forget the name), and some cheap ass gloves not even uniqe at all. My orb deals 490 max damage which isnt allot, but i can mf off of hell meph all day :)

bbags

Member!
Reaction score
Zerglite said:
blizz is omg strong... not weak at all. expecially since a moving enemie can be hit 2-3x by 1 blizz
i think blizz is strong but to slow you can get a much faster cast rate as you want it dont help