Forum Suggestions/Improvements?

silentwolf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OK I GOT A GOOD IDEA, INSTEAD OF HAVING A POST COUNT BY YOUR NAME, PUT THE DATE AND YEAR THAT YOU REGISTERED, SO EVERYONE WOULD KNOW HOW WISE YOU ARE TO THE FORUMS, INSTEAD OF HOW MUCH SPAM YOU POST

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Skins is a dodgy idea, since they can slow down the loading and distract the people from readng the stuff.

Rating systems are a good idea, since spammers can be identified and classified 'ignored' by users.

The post things, I think, are part of vBulletin and removing them... I dunno. Skuzz?

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Hey ratings that's a good idea. On half-life we had ratings but users cannot rate themselves not even the mods can rate themselves and it's ok. No problems ever arised.

Darimus

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceman.vze.com
A rating system would be great! Of all the ideas I think a rating system is by far the best idea offered here... And make sure you can't rate yourself as said above, and it would be cool

Edit: Congratulations to me on 300 posts!!!

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Why the **** did you bump a 10 month old thread?

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
... Dude... this thread's from back when I was the only Admin here... in February.

I'm killing you.

Ah well, still on topic at least. ;)

As you can see, some of the ideas mentioned in my first post have been done. Since then we have expanded the emoticons (which used to be very very basic, ask any other forum oldie), and I've completed 1 skin, and almost done with a 2nd. Both of which are user-selectable near the bottom of your Options page. ;)

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
im kinda glad that it was bumped, because now i know that it shows our join date by the post :)

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think we should be able to have perm. custom text for all our posts like gen xtreme has in the profile settings.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheNamelessPunk
i think we should be able to have perm. custom text for all our posts like gen xtreme has in the profile settings.
IDEA THIEF!!1

My idea :(

-edit-

My OTHER ideas:

- Do away with the D2 Open Market because it's 3/4 spam and nobody hardly ever gets trades out of it.

- Take away The Asylum and replace it with a Flame war forum.
An Example can be found Here, don't forget to look at the sub forums..

- Take -Matrix- off of the Chit-Chat moderators list, because he is like never in there and Kald, Nameless and Theroy get all the work done fairly well.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
we should actually go on a hunt and look for inactive mods, and remove them.

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
And replace them with members.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
First off, I need to find my pants.

Secondly, I would like to see some new smilies. Most of the ones BF has are terrible.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Instead of using smilies to convey thought, why don't you use actual text like normal people, competent people?

I am all for the getting rid of inactive moderators idea... *hint hint*.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Ryan
Instead of using smilies to convey thought, why don't you use actual text like normal people, competent people?

I am all for the getting rid of inactive moderators idea... *hint hint*.

Because smilies make the world go 'round.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Originally posted by VizjereiMage

- Take -Matrix- off of the Chit-Chat moderators list, because he is like never in there and Kald, Nameless and Theroy get all the work done fairly well.

and i think instead of losing a mod, you should replace him with me...thats all i do around here ;)

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Bumped thread?

How about sections like in Windows Explorer for each section, so you can open subdirectories and view/hide sections that you don't want to see, like Viz doesn't play WC so he can hide that.

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Originally posted by SpiritSkater
the chat room sounds like a fantastic idea
i really think we should get rid of this lame ass point system. It is seriously stale as **** and is way to harshe
I don't see what the big deal is. I mean as long as you follow the rules it should be fine. You follow the rules right? *Checks warnings* Nevermind.

Before the point system we had to report things manually in a thread in BFStaff which was tedious.