Favorite Heavy Metal Band!!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Iron maiden, no contest.

this thread should be closed, because there is no reason to post anything but Iron Maiden.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
that is your opinion and in my opinion black sabbath are better

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
"Favorite 80's Heavy Metal Band?"

Black Sabbath is 70s. Ozzy was never with Sabbath in the 80s, and Sabbath was only ever good with him. Q.E.D.
didn't read the guys post just the topic name anyway black sabbath are still better

SpAwNtHeKiLlEr

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
pantera if they did exist during this time, and yes i am back for those who remember me

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
pantera existed in the 80s but they were shit glam metal till 1990 when they made cowboys from hell

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You could make a really good case for Iron Maiden, Metallica, or Megadeth.
Depends on the genre, but every Iron maiden album in that period was awesome, and they had huge tours worldwide, making them the best metal band of that era.

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Depends on the genre, but every Iron maiden album in that period was awesome, and they had huge tours worldwide, making them the best metal band of that era.
That seems completely arbitrary. I mean just look at the albums Metallica put out through the 80's:

Kill 'Em All
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice for All

Those easily four of the greatest metal albums of all time. Eitherway, we're probably not going to see eye to eye on this no matter what I do. So I think we can all agree that Metallica was the biggest in the US.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
Megadeth. I would point you towards Rust in Peace, but that was released in '90. So I'll say Peace Sells. Iron Maiden is a pretty close 2nd, Powerslave is an amazing album.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Iron maiden, no contest.

this thread should be closed, because there is no reason to post anything but Iron Maiden.
Either them, or Black Sabbath.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
That seems completely arbitrary. I mean just look at the albums Metallica put out through the 80's:

Kill 'Em All
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice for All

Those easily four of the greatest metal albums of all time. Eitherway, we're probably not going to see eye to eye on this no matter what I do. So I think we can all agree that Metallica was the biggest in the US.
Metallica is good, Iron maiden is better.

and I can't believe this thread has forgotten Judas Priest. Easily second or third best Metal act of the 80s.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
motorhead

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
metallica is better than iron maiden sorry but it is true look at all the great albums they released in the 80s