Drugs

reor

Reaction score
Website
reor.de.vu
Use of drugs is a lack of information .
Some are not as bad as others, some are even healthy ( well, not exactly healthy, but you know what i mean, like canabis ), but they should be used only as medical aid, not as a leisure activity .

DRUGS ARE BAD FOR US !!!

Cigarettes messed up my memory .
My younger sister wanted to TRY and took ONE pill . She had bad problems afterwards . For days .

You never know how your body will react .

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Drugs are moronic. It's sad when you have to dope yourself up to feel happiness or fun. If that isn't pathetic, I don't know what is.
Who says they have to do drugs to be happy. It is wrong to explore the fun and joy in drugs?

I am personally against drugs for recreational use because I just can't see any positive long term consequences that would come from it that would outweigh the negative consequences.
What negative consequences come from smoking dope that don't allready come from alcohol and tabacco?

For example, it was said above that getting a deep connection with a friend came from using drugs, and I really don't think that outweighs any long term side effect.
Any? You don't even know what the effect is and you've allready made up your mind?

Are your vague and mysterious references to some nemesing side effects grounded on anything real, or just vague references?

That being said, I don't think the government should allow drugs for recreational use because my idea of government is a body that helps and serves its' people. One of the ways it should help its' people is by protecting them not only from outside sources such as an invasion, but also from hurting themselves such as recreational drug use, assisted suicide, etc.
Where is that in the Constitution, that it should protect us from ourselves? Haven't ya heard, cigarettes are far more likely to kill you than weed, but we allow millions to light up everyday, why are we saving them from themselves?

You'ld have to completely rewrite the Constitution to allow for such a granny state as you purpose.

Tupac Amaru Shakur

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
This is basically what typsy said but why us drugs for emotional enhancment?? Sure you are happy and can connect with friends or whoever is around you but is it really worht a life time of a messed up lung or rotted teeth or w/e the sideeffect is to the drugs you guys are specifically talking about. If you need a material object to "enhance" your emotions then may God help you. Those connections you made with your buddies were some that they never realy wanted to do since you never connected w/o the drugs. This kinda goes into why some people are obeise. i Think thats how you spell it. They have no friends their family isnt the most pleasant people to be around with, so what do you do to be happy? you eat and since eating makes you happy you basically do what makes you happy. Its not a healthy habit. Stop depending on food or drugs for your own problem solvers or stree relievers. They may help now but their consequences can be unberable. I myslef have never had any kind of drug or drank any kind of alcoholic beverage. And i am just as happy as some one that does dope or w/e to be happy.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
This is basically what typsy said but why us drugs for emotional enhancment?? Sure you are happy and can connect with friends or whoever is around you but is it really worht a life time of a messed up lung or rotted teeth or w/e the sideeffect is to the drugs you guys are specifically talking about. If you need a material object to "enhance" your emotions then may God help you. Those connections you made with your buddies were some that they never realy wanted to do since you never connected w/o the drugs. This kinda goes into why some people are obeise. i Think thats how you spell it. They have no friends their family isnt the most pleasant people to be around with, so what do you do to be happy? you eat and since eating makes you happy you basically do what makes you happy. Its not a healthy habit. Stop depending on food or drugs for your own problem solvers or stree relievers. They may help now but their consequences can be unberable. I myslef have never had any kind of drug or drank any kind of alcoholic beverage. And i am just as happy as some one that does dope or w/e to be happy.
Until you do it, you'll never understand those who do, and why we do it.

Ppl use material objects everyday to enhace their life, feel happiness. How is weed an different than these things?

And please drop the health issues. In my circle, I know many ppl that have been smoking for 30+ years, and the only one with bad lungs shot them out with cigarettes.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Funny, I alqways assumed it was the pot or ecstasy that messed up my short term memory not the tobaco...
Yea, I never had that deal with tabacco either, man.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
Tempest Storm said:
What negative consequences come from smoking dope that don't allready come from alcohol and tabacco?

Any? You don't even know what the effect is and you've allready made up your mind?

Are your vague and mysterious references to some nemesing side effects grounded on anything real, or just vague references?
To answer your first question, marijuana has four times more tar then tobacco. That said, I really am not a big supporter of cigarettes either. I had just thought people would actually understand that some drugs, marijuana in this case, have negative consequences and I wouldn't have to quote study after study. And that is what I have said is grounded in, science, ever heard of it?

Any more completely misplaced assumptions you would like to throw in there?

Where is that in the Constitution, that it should protect us from ourselves? Haven't ya heard, cigarettes are far more likely to kill you than weed, but we allow millions to light up everyday, why are we saving them from themselves?

You'ld have to completely rewrite the Constitution to allow for such a granny state as you purpose.
Well I get my interpretation from a person named John Locke. Ever heard of him, he's the political philosopher who many of the concepts in our government and law come from, no to mention his works helped justify our declaring independence. But then again, as you say, I guess the ideas of the political philosopher which helped form our government and legal system have no place in our government and legal system. I personally don't know why anyone would think that using his ideas would be rewriting our Constitution. But now to quote him from his Two Treatises of Government:

"But though this be a state of liberty, yet it is not a state of licence; though man in that state have an uncontrollable liberty to dispose of his person or possessions, yet he has not liberty to destroy himself, or so much as any creature in his possession, but where some nobler use than its bare preservation calls for it."

So there you have it, that is where my opinion comes from. All I am saying is that my opinion is justified. I have absolutely no problem with Forged or any other person believing that our government shouldn't do what he suggested, the reason why I never responded to his post. Yet I cannot understand how you can think that what is said by John Locke has no place in our government. What is your justification to dismissing my beliefs as unconstitutional?

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Tipsy said:
To answer your first question, marijuana has four times more tar then tobacco.
Well, a pack of joints a day, we do not smoke, nor are the joints we smoke as big as a cigarette. It also lacks the chemicals and carcinagens in cigs too.

That said, I really am not a big supporter of cigarettes either. I had just thought people would actually understand that some drugs, marijuana in this case, have negative consequences and I wouldn't have to quote study after study. And that is what I have said is grounded in, science, ever heard of it?
Of course it has it's cons, every drug, legal or illegal is the same way. But you don't od on weed, you get cancer from weed, and it doesn't turn you into an animal.

Some ppl find that the unhealthy side-effects are outweighed by the pros of weed. Is that not their choice to make. Is it not their life to live?

BTW, can you cite any studies showing serious long term health affects?

Well I get my interpretation from a person named John Locke. Ever heard of him, he's the political philosopher who many of the concepts in our government and law come from, no to mention his works helped justify our declaring independence. But then again, as you say, I guess the ideas of the political philosopher which helped form our government and legal system have no place in our government and legal system. I personally don't know why anyone would think that using his ideas would be rewriting our Constitution. But now to quote him from his Two Treatises of Government:

"But though this be a state of liberty, yet it is not a state of licence; though man in that state have an uncontrollable liberty to dispose of his person or possessions, yet he has not liberty to destroy himself, or so much as any creature in his possession, but where some nobler use than its bare preservation calls for it."

So there you have it, that is where my opinion comes from. All I am saying is that my opinion is justified. I have absolutely no problem with Forged or any other person believing that our government shouldn't do what he suggested, the reason why I never responded to his post. Yet I cannot understand how you can think that what is said by John Locke has no place in our government. What is your justification to dismissing my beliefs as unconstitutional?
Well that's nice. That's like reading the Bible to find out what the Koran says. John Locke didn't write the Constitution, didn't sign, never had a hand in it. It's true that many of the Founders were influenced by him, and many of the basic principles of this country can be attributed to him.

But we didn't listen to everything. Where in the Constitution does it list among the duties of the federal government, to protect us from ourselves?

mefisto_monster

Member!
Reaction score
Ok, this is not the place for me to write, but I think drugs are ok if you keep it low. Put a reasonable limit and hold with it. They didn't have any side effects on me. Except maybe that one time, but that was... woa... I mean... way too much!

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Low quantity is good if you plan to do it alot. But the real fun is in massive use. Experimentation is good to do. You only live once so might as well have acouple weeks left in a haze.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
John Locke was never wrong about anything. That man was a ****ing genius. ALWAYS CORRECT.
science, ever heard of it?
Ever heard of him, he's the political philosopher
That shit doesn't work twice in the same post. Nice try at being a pretentious asshole though!
Cigarettes messed up my memory .
Okay, so this guy has no clue what he's talking about. Hey, maybe your memory doesn't work...because you're retarded.

And now on to my actual post...

This kinda goes into why some people are obeise.
My friend is obese (learn to spell) for medical as well as emotional reasons. He's on anti-depressants to try to take care of the emotional stuff. That's two strikes I guess: fat and he's on drugs. God, why doesn't he just "stop depending on food and drugs"? What a ****ing loser. Yeah, and nice username and avatar.
To answer your first question, marijuana has four times more tar then tobacco.
Don't need to waste time with this, thanks Tempest. Nice to see you again.
I wouldn't have to quote study after study.
No, please do. You might try finding ones that aren't done by the federal government.
Any more completely misplaced assumptions you would like to throw in there?
Eh...nope. You? Good, glad that's taken care of.
What is your justification to dismissing my beliefs as unconstitutional?
Did you actually cite anything from the Constitution that ... no, nevermind.

Also, what makes you think I even give a ****? Even if there were an anti-marijuana amendment in the Constitution, even if it were in Article One, Section One, Clause One...who cares? You're saying that the state should stop its citizens from killing themselves. I'm saying that the state has a vested interest in keeping us alive. Dead people can't pay taxes.

reor

Reaction score
Website
reor.de.vu
mefisto_monster said:
Ok, this is not the place for me to write, but I think drugs are ok if you keep it low. Put a reasonable limit and hold with it. They didn't have any side effects on me. Except maybe that one time, but that was... woa... I mean... way too much!
How can You know that You have not taken any side effects ?
Especially long-term side effects are unpredictable .

I admit i did what one would call tobacco abuse . But it's true .
It was the cigarettes .
Either it was the nicotine ( It's a deadly poison, after all ! ) or the tar or any other ingredients . ( Or the mix . )

Well, could have also been the alcohol ... :-/

No matter what; drugs ain't good .

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess you're right. The tar must have affected your memory. Thanks for clearing that up.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
I happen to be doing a report on addictions and have gathered alot of information on numerous drugs. Wether it is truth or not I don't know, and unless you are a scientest, you don't either. I'm a bit like the media, I don't care about the truth I give the people what they want to hear.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
A lot of your information on Marijuana and GHB is wrong. I had to do a debate on pot, and came across a lot of research that was not put out by the U.S goverment that more or less debunked what you have said.

While you might say that the research is probablly invalid due to the fact it was not from the american goverment you would be shooting totally in the wrong direction. Research from other countrys is well known to be much more thorough and less sckewed. A recent u.s study on ecstasy claimed many things that were untrue gained from shady research. The popular hole theory that ecstasy puts holes in your brain is inacurate, they simpelly showed the brain at a diffrent angle that made it appear to be much diffrent than the picture of the 'normal' brain. 20/20 did an hour segmiate on it that you can find here if you are interested.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
All that matters is my teacher thinks its fine. So I didn't bother looking into the truths of some drugs but I am curious about what information is wrong with Marijuana.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
It can make the user feel invincible which could cause someone to die
Incorrect, in 5 years of smoking pot almost daily my friends nor I have ever felt invincible, that is what we in the buisness like to call bullshit propaganda

to escape the problems of life normally, uses marijuana
Incorrect, generally people take prescribed drugs for this, pot doesn't really help you escape the problems of life.

Extended use of marijuana heavily damages a person’s brain.
No one really knows this, there has been no long term research in the field, but prelimanary studys show this to be false.

. A users social behavior will change and the will lose friends who don’t use marijuana
While this is generally true of harder drugs not so much with pot.

A user tends to have a bad relationship with parents and a very rebellious attitude. A user will have a lack of care for wrongdoing
Both of these are incorrect, the only way it would really effect your relationship with your parents is if they found out you were doing it and were not happy about it. Also pot is generally smoked by younger kids as a way to rebel, it is not what is causing them to rebel (that is called horomones) it is one of the many things they do to rebel.

Most of all marijuana can be a gateway drug, meaning that the user will be more likely to try other drugs after using marijuana.
This is untrue, this is like saying soda is a gateway drug to alcohol, and alcohol is a gateway drug to harder drugs. While it is true most kids do start off smoking pot that is only because it is cheap and extremlly easy to find. In short, people who do cocaine tend to also smoke pot, but majority of pot smokers do not do cocaine.