Downloadable Games for the N-Rev

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
man, you could like go on a Zelda-Thon, and play thru the entire series one after the other for like a week, never stopping = World Record.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
From experience, playing the older games aren't usually fun. I don't know how to explain it. I guess that when I've played a new great game with great gaphics and such, playing older games get boring fast.
My cousins has a SNES Rom disc for PS2. Basically a PS2 disc containing most SNES full games. Literally, It'd take me a couple minutes to scroll all the way to 'Z'. They got it from some other country. When I played Super Mario Adventure or some other Mario games, it got boring real fast.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
RisenDeMoN said:
That was from a Zelda lovers prospective.
I know, but every game is like that. If you say buy CS, you can either love it, or hate it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Lwek said:
From experience, playing the older games aren't usually fun. I don't know how to explain it. I guess that when I've played a new great game with great gaphics and such, playing older games get boring fast.
My cousins has a SNES Rom disc for PS2. Basically a PS2 disc containing most SNES full games. Literally, It'd take me a couple minutes to scroll all the way to 'Z'. They got it from some other country. When I played Super Mario Adventure or some other Mario games, it got boring real fast.
That means you havent gotten yourself involved in the game. Playing it on the playstation is never the same as playing the real cartrage. Also I notice when you have a huge list of playable games I am more likely to go onto the next after a sample of one.

That is why it is best to get one and go through it first. I have been going to garage sales, to second hand stores looking for gamesand systems. There are some good electronic stores that carry old consoles and I want to get them. Newer games have lost the charm that older games have.

If you are caught up on cosmetics in a game, I pity you. Graphics should be an afterthought. I hate when the ythrow 2d games into 3d. Sonic doesnt translat into a 3d game. MArio is much mroe enjoyable as a 2d scroller than a 3d game (Though I admit mario 64 is quite possibly one of the best games ever.) N64 actualy made some really good 2d games 3d. However it is usualy games on the PS2 that suck. Castlevania is a 2d game made 3d in Ps2. I prefer the GBA version to the Ps2 version. which is why Aria of sorrow 2 will own on the DS.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It's Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS).

Pan has a point. Story is the most important element of a game, and it's finally making a comeback. There are games like Metroid Prime and MP2: Echoes take the standard FPS and gives it flare with actual story and inovation.

I like many of the classic games, and I like the idea of being able to take my classic systems down for some much needed repair. It also cleans up the clutter from my having five systems out :ninja: My NES, SNES, and N64 are still on the shelf with my GC and PS2.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It's dawn of sorrow, but it is essentialy aria of sorrow 2 since it is the sequal to aria of sorrow.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Pan said:
Also I notice when you have a huge list of playable games I am more likely to go onto the next after a sample of one.
Then the downloadable games for the Revolution must be a killer.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
It will totally be worth it. No more fake sites making you vote for pron and there would be no point of keeping the consoles. All you would need is one system and some downloadable games.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hellwolf_36 said:
I know, but every game is like that. If you say buy CS, you can either love it, or hate it.
Yea, I also find this phrase annoying. Some person says it to mean something, when it's already something obvious. Then again, perhaps you could just be indifferent to it, kinda like drinking water, breathing air, etc.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
bamthedoc said:
It's Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS).

Pan has a point. Story is the most important element of a game, and it's finally making a comeback. There are games like Metroid Prime and MP2: Echoes take the standard FPS and gives it flare with actual story and inovation.

I like many of the classic games, and I like the idea of being able to take my classic systems down for some much needed repair. It also cleans up the clutter from my having five systems out :ninja: My NES, SNES, and N64 are still on the shelf with my GC and PS2.
If you have a cube and want good plots, I suggest you check out:

- XIII
- Eternal Darkness
- Beyond Good Evil
- Second Sight

and probably the most complex story ever...

- Killer 7

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i oewn etenal darkness and XIII go me!

now i can play metroid, super metriod, metroid prime one, two, and THREEE

Epidemic

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hellwolf_36 said:
It will totally be worth it. No more fake sites making you vote for pron and there would be no point of keeping the consoles. All you would need is one system and some downloadable games.

eh, fake sites are nottoo much of a problem when you use torrents. I have 2000 gba roms and 90 percent o fthem work fine with the emulators. i can add that i can easily get ALL of the snes roms along witht he nes roms, EASILY.
n64 is another story altogether and even if i can itll run slow on my computer (since its emulation)

so the only true advantage taht the revolution has with this downloadable stuff is that you can easily connect to tv and play AND multiplayer functionality is enabled, guaranteed 100 percent works, nintendo product and slightly more selection

still good still good at least nintendo is giving you the option.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Epidemic said:
eh, fake sites are nottoo much of a problem when you use torrents. I have 2000 gba roms and 90 percent o fthem work fine with the emulators. i can add that i can easily get ALL of the snes roms along witht he nes roms, EASILY.
n64 is another story altogether and even if i can itll run slow on my computer (since its emulation)

so the only true advantage taht the revolution has with this downloadable stuff is that you can easily connect to tv and play AND multiplayer functionality is enabled, guaranteed 100 percent works, nintendo product and slightly more selection

still good still good at least nintendo is giving you the option.
Well it depends on the site. I download my roms from two sites, but I will not mention thier names because it is a bannable offense here to post links to ROMs. I can say both of them are reliable and have what I need, from SNES to N64 I got it :). Just tweaking the emulator is a challenge, especially with n64 ones.