Dota All Stars Sounds!!

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
wc3 discussion -> custom game discussion...

Christ people, read the forum sections and whats talked about in them...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Sounds and stuff or downloads of special things go to Customs.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
Map Development downloads section + wc3 editor.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Which sounds? The Ownage!, Mega Kill etc. sounds are from Unreal Tournament 2004. Most of the other sounds are default Warcraft sounds.*

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You would need a recorder or have some understanding of UnrealEd to extract these files.

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
whats dota?

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
There is a jukebox on the internet somewhere, but i can look for it when i get home.

Ignus

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Dota sucks! That game is probably the worst one on Bnet

ChrisH36

Reaction score
It is overrated, but it is an ok game. I still think there are some good customs out there.

Extracting the music isn't hard, getting the OWNAGE and DOUBLE KILL things may require an unprotected version. But if anyone posts it or you ask, I would have to close the topic and/or ban the person. Although you have what you need, what won't keep you from doing dirty things inside the file.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's a little hard to do that. However, I think that DotA doesn't have customised sounds so they should be extractable from the file war3.mpq, and just look for the relevant sound file. For example, the Warlock's will be located at Units\Demon\Warlock.

Use this file and extract it to C:\Program Files\MPQ Editor (if you put it elsewhere, you have to edit the .ini file to match the path), then open up the file war3.mpq in your Warcraft folder and then look for the folder Units. Then look around until you found the relevant sound. Note that you need to know the proper model to find the sound file - the Troll Warlord, for example, is a Creep model.*

FreezY

Reaction score
It's a little hard to do that. However, I think that DotA doesn't have customised sounds so they should be extractable from the file war3.mpq, and just look for the relevant sound file. For example, the Warlock's will be located at Units\Demon\Warlock.

Use this file and extract it to C:\Program Files\MPQ Editor (if you put it elsewhere, you have to edit the .ini file to match the path), then open up the file war3.mpq in your Warcraft folder and then look for the folder Units. Then look around until you found the relevant sound. Note that you need to know the proper model to find the sound file - the Troll Warlord, for example, is a Creep model.*
When i do that, my wave files are named file 00005563 and so on... how should i be able to know which one im looking for?
And i can't find a directory named units?

FreezY

Reaction score
Open up the archive again but use the internal list file option.*
thx a lot m8 :respect

do you have a list about the different heroes? cause i can't find the hero such as axe, and much more.
i need the sound "I'm not afraid of the darkness of the pitch!"

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ugh, that one might be customised. The file size of DotA did shoot up shortly after new heroes started being added - those would most likely be sound files.

By World Editor is screwing up again so I can't really help you with that - and I have no idea how to unprotect DotA anyway.

I think Chris might be able to help.*

FreezY

Reaction score
Ugh, that one might be customised. The file size of DotA did shoot up shortly after new heroes started being added - those would most likely be sound files.

By World Editor is screwing up again so I can't really help you with that - and I have no idea how to unprotect DotA anyway.

I think Chris might be able to help.*
who's Chris?