Do runewords annoy you...

Annoyed?

• Total voters

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
no, its not for open, its a private server, like d2relived (1.09 pvp private server)

ive been considering playing it myself, but on 56k downloading a patch woudl suck ass.

anyways, long story short:

if you dont like it, dont play.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
the only thing that rune words anoy me is how do the pt runes in a weapon?
do they just go Hey look holesand i have a rune :O!

L

Laharl

Some of them, perhaps. But most of them make uniques/sets almost completely irrelevant. And the unique charms... God. It's pathetic what passes for a patch from Blizzard these days.

Epidemic

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I actually liked runewords for the most part.
They made alot of builds become viable.
In the old days, there were only 3 viable characters in pvp (whcih is the best part of multiplayer)

Barbarian, Amazon, and Sorceress.

That was no fun. Runewords changed all that by giving enigma and other such things. Made the game better methinks

you'd be wrong to say uniques and sets have lost value. well probably sets but tals set the armor and the amulet still retials for quite alot. trangs gloves are still useful. the unique gloves are all very useful (since theres no runewords for gloves...)
the sojs, maras, are still useful

moreover, wands have become useful and even the new unique necro heads are perfect for poison necs.

the new sorc orb and helm are good

facets are another unique that is useful

sandstorm treks are great especially when they are eth.

arachnids mesh is is a must. coh is important along with shako. rares are important.
sure arcanes valor and windforce have lost value but others have gained. the game is more 'balanced' now. every class is good for dueling and thats all that counts for me (and mfing imight add with the runewords that eliminate the immunities problem and adds teleport) everyone benefits.

L

Laharl

The only useful wand would be a white wand made in either a +3 bone spirit or bone spear.

It's just how stupid most the rune words are. All I see on closed b.net are little ****tard ebayers who bought all their items with no clue how to play the damn game.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:
I can't. Nez Mod pictures:

One of the many new (balanced) unique charms.
Thank you. *Bow*
My Nail Flinger is like 50x better than that small charm. Yeah, I saw that Shock stream ability too. The lightning merc can learn it when he hits 70! I also see you have an Alchemy Stone charm there too!

L

Laharl

That's not a pic of my char, I'll post one when I get home. My char is amazing.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, Nezmod has lots of rigged items and charms. Look at the All are One charm! You get this by collecting 18 dolls :(. This gives you +3 all skills, 20% more damage to all elemental skills, thorns damage of 27, 30% more exp, -5% to enemy resists, +X to all stats (per level O_O), and damage bonuses that give you like 650+ in elemental powers. Then again, you have to kill 18 bosses over and over to collect thier pieces. It was a pain in the ass to collect the first 6!

Also, unique items drop like crazy. I played Act 4 on Normal and I got a unique Long Sword, Battle Axe and Full Helm from various monsters and pots.

If you ask me, some rune words are good, but there are still uniques out there that have better uses. For instance, lets talk about necromancers.

If you have a poison necro, people think that Spirit is a good rune word for a sword (gives you +2 all skills). But you can get a Blackbog's sharp which adds 4-5 to all poison attack spells. To make up for it, you can add mana bonuses to it via sockets and runes.

But in some cases, runewords are better. For instance, if you use a Fire sorc: You can make Leaf out of a two socket staff (Tir + Ral). This gives you +3 Fire skills and other fire bonuses. Add that to +2-3Fireball or Metoer or Hydra, and you got yourself one deadly staff.

L

Laharl

Bone necro wand: +3 bone spirit or bone spear wand with bone.

Find something better. I dare ya.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
In Nezmod, take a 4 Socket one hand sword and fill it with Bone Collections.

Hell, I was thinking for my sorc: If I can't find any good unique wands, make a Executioner Blade with all Faerie Loves (+24 all sorc skills max O_O).

L

Laharl

Why not a six socket one handed sword? And there are still better weapons. I'm making a runeword atm to see what it does. ;)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Whats the rune word? Besides, I started playing Nezmod for awhile. My sin is 64 and she just got the Crusierweight (unique Mythril belt) for my sorc.

L

Laharl

I can't remember what it's called, but it requires both a zod and ultimo rune. It's got to be good ;)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Zod = Zy in that. But Ultimo adds absorbs, so I guess that is 1/4th of what it does. Zy makes the item indestructable.

L

Laharl

Ultimo adds 10% absorbs, which are capped at 40%. And it's still zod, from what I remember.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
But also for the runewords, it sucks that I need to load up the page for Diablo II's runewords. I know basic ones like Tir+Ral and Ral+Ort+Tal. But there are some that are too confusing.