Do runewords annoy you...

Annoyed?

• Total voters
L

Laharl

I used to have quite a few of them memorized. But then my mind started getting lazy and I started forgetting them.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Epidemic said:
I actually liked runewords for the most part.
They made alot of builds become viable.
In the old days, there were only 3 viable characters in pvp (whcih is the best part of multiplayer)

Barbarian, Amazon, and Sorceress.
The Paladin is a creditable one now. Charge can get you close to the enemy fast or you can spam fist of heavens on a target.

L

Laharl

I would go so far as to say that paladins are the only truely good char now.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
IMO, Pally's are the most well rounded characters, but, however, the Bone Necro for 1.10 (with the marrow walks bug still in effect) was a force to be behold in PvP if done right, and not town hugging ect.

L

Laharl

Yes, but with marrowwalks being fixed it removed much of their sting. Now they do crap compared to most paladin builds.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Paladin is, plus its good because he probably uses less rune words than most of the heroes. You probably would use Enigma and thats it. Shields most people use HoZ, weapon mostly Lightsaber (zeal) or Baranars (Venga). For gloves, get Draculs. I had it on my Vengadin and he couldn't die :).

Plus, the paladin set kinda sucks.

For character sets, Immortal Kings and Natalya's are probably the most used ones. Nowadays, the other set pieces can be replaced by a combo of rune words and unique item pieces.

L

Laharl

True, that. I'm mostly annoyed that there is no reason (for most chars) to use anything other than enigma. That and enigma was (from what I heard) designed by some random Diablo II fan anyways.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
+2 To All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 To Teleport
+750-775 Defense (varies)
+ (0.75 Per Character Level) +0-74 To Strength (Based On Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced By 8%
+14 Life After Each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+ (1 Per Character Level) +1-99% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based On Character Level)

To me, Enigma sounds like a multi-purpose item. And in Nezmod, it is constructable (since its a 1.10 rune word combo). However, it can probably carry items that are better than this!

For instance, you can make the 14 life per kill with two pieces of hte Styzners Set. This gives you 10% Life Leech and 12 life per kill. Plus the ring gives you almost the same amount of strength that a Level 70 would get when he or she wears Engima.

However, since there are plenty of + str items out there in Nezmod. Any armor can be done, instead of these strength restrictions. I have noticed most people make it from Wire Fleece or better. You could probably make it out of the elite ancient armor in Nezmod and any character can wear it.

Some things are best used for battle (Life/kill, extra life, and dr). Others are used for special factors (mf, faster run/walk, teleporting).

L

Laharl

It's constructable, but isn't used for almost every build. My char, for example, would find enigma as useful as a bullet wound in the head.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
My assassin could probably be fine with the entire Nat's setm which I am aiming for :). Then on my other hand, find Bartucs or Nezmod equivalent.

L

Laharl

There are many different unique claws, some of them are interesting. I'm trying to find a kitty killer.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Lawls. I had 2 of those. That weapon is funny, but it is actually crappy unless you need a kick to pass A2. A good unique sword for normal is the HellPlague. We are talking fire damage + poison damage and 5% ll/ml. That is nasty!!

L

Laharl

I just find it funny. By the way: At my charactor's level +18% dexterity is nothing to scoff at.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Plus it drops armor for each attack done to the enemy. That helps too when you want to hit those tricky guys. Then again, my assassin is at a point where 4000+ attack rating on both claws with +44 Dex from my All are One charm is nothing to scoff at.

L

Laharl

I am looking forward to when I get home, to show off my amazing and godly char.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, especially when duping is so fun and easy to do in TCP/IP games.

L

Laharl

I know. That's why I want to get our own server. So this doesn't happen.