Diablo II LoD question.

Moonstrike

Reaction score
Is it true that psn damage nulls critical strike? I heard this a few times and wanted to know if it was true.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
imo, no. But thats one of those things where some will say yes, others will say no, best way to decide is to test and see if your comfortible with it, because your going to get tons of different answers :S

Moonstrike

Reaction score
well i pay close attention to the dmg my shots inflict when using psn and when not and tbh it doesn't seem like theres a difference. i think the only thing psn dmg and any other elemental dmg does for that matter is remove the critical strike sound/animation that appears when a critical strike occurs and replaces it with the elemental dmg animation.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
It overwrites the graphic for critical shots.

Crits only affect Physical Damage. The poison is applied in the aftermath.

Poison is also the only element with no rollback.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Damages like 100,000 Meteors dont do what they appear to do. After 86k, the damage rerolls to 0.

It can happen in Vanilla with meteor sorcs or blizzard sorcs. But more often in mods.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
is it possible to get sucha high damge?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
With syns, enough skill points in the spell and mastery, and skill damage bonus items, it is.

In mods like Nez or Zy-el, those high damages can be reached with ease. Hell, some spells go negative and do 0 at some point, with an exception to poison because of the way it works.

When I used to play Nez, I was pretty pissed when my Sorc ended up doing negative Fireball damage. I had to resort to Firebolts. I wasnt a fan of Hydra and Meteor.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
LOL wow thats amazing

i never knew diablo had mods. oh well its a large world

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
almost all pc game have mods ^____^

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
well diablo, having a nice multiplayer system and all, i just didnt expect to have a mod

ChrisH36

Reaction score
There are more mods than you think at d2maniacs.com. A server for all thier hosted mods is there. Most of them have many people on them.

Nez and Zy-el used to be here. These mods kinda showed me the limits off Diablo II. Like how if you have more than 8.38 Million HP, you die.