Diablo 3 Area/Act/Quest ideas!

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
That could be fun :) Hmm..I dunno about a quest but maybe a side quest for when youve finished the game :)

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Now why do you think that? WoW is already an MMORPG and we dont need more. SO many people didnt buy it because of the monthly cost. Making it a Morg will make it suck so much. D 1 and 2 werent so its almost certain that D 3 wont be. Games dont work like that

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
I think that Diablo should have 10 Acts each with about 6 quests, but a whole lot of other side quests :) Sorta like D1 but better :) And maybe instead of having different difficulties, just have more Acts! (Also have difficulties too maybe..?)

Act 1: Start in a chaotic place, people screaming running around. You must find a town. There you get quests. Sorta like The Rogue Encampment. INSTANT ACTION! Char Lvl 1-16

Act 2: Someone come up with an idea! Lets make a game out of this! :) Lvl 16-24

By Act 10 Char should be level 60-70

stephen149

Member!
Reaction score
- 10 acts
- 10 quests in each act
- Rewards for all quests. Rewards that actually do something.
- Quests should be manditory to do in order to move onto the next quest.
- DON'T PUT IN PROFESSIONS!! If they put in professions I will be pissed. They make everything confusing IMO and I hate having to use them and get my prof points up all the time.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, D3 should be similar to D2, but not the same stats and stuff like that. Hopefully new skills and stuff too. =/

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
If it was an MMO then it wouldnt have acts.

OTHERWISE - 5 act. each act should encompass 2 areas (total of 10 lands) with multiple quests for each act.

Hell what i would like to see is a random map generator akin to D1. then (maybe with a constant topside like the road betweens 2 towns stays the same) have a dungeon with a scope like the old Diablo 1. (the church)

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Oh. Could be cool. I think they should expand on the whole random map gen thing by changing the towns a bit too..that could be hard and very confusing though.

What do you think about Gambling? Should that be in D3 Or something similar?

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
Personally gambling wasnt something i didnt do too often. You can get some nice gear out of it (i rarely did), but i think it still should be there cause others used gambling too.

Towns i dont think should random generate (for the simple reason of multiplayer) I know in MMOs it sucks to wait for members of a group while they look for shops.

Quests on the otherhand is something that was lackin in D2 IMO (I think D1 had more quests then D2 - correct me if im wrong). What would be cool is if they had a set of Manditory Quests (akin to the D2 ones) but also some kind of random generator for quests (like Randomly select townsperson, then randomly select quest TYPE (kill monster, find item), then Randomly select AVAILABLE ACTS and then select a minidungeon for the quest (like say as a D2 example... Decard Cain (act 3) wants a tome from The Caves (act 1). Since your in act 3 the monsters for this quest will be upgraded in difficulty. Then when the quest is done give a random reward (perhaps based on performance and difficulty then the reward will vary?)

this is just an idea i thought up and am interested in what you guys think

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
I mentioned this somewhere, not sure if it was this thread though. Gambling should be left to PvP. Have a quest to fight a random classic build from D2 like a hammerdin, Orb Sorc, ect. After which you can open the arena you fought in for PvP combat.
By doing this it would eliminate the Pkers in lvling and questing games, make room for other games in the selection of games area, as well as have a standard area for PvP combat.

The PvP games would be broken down into catagories. one on one, team vs team, winner take all (looser is stripped of gear, kind of like HC), Free for all, Ring out, and King of the Hill (all players vs one player or NPC CHaracter)
You could also have a enviornment changes. Example could be, random curses every so often, poison clouds in areas, negative effects on skills, (maybe -5 to all skills and stats)

Instead of having chatrooms, you could have a seperate section, where anyone could watch a battle while they chat and gamble for the winner. This could be anything from gold, gems, runes, gear, ect.
I think since gold has no real purpose, this would be very useful for such a problem.

Also as a added bonus their could be a monthy torney for special unique items for the winners, a ranking for each class, and overall winner. Maybe even a super unique boss every once and a while to make things interesting, that could interfer with a battle.

On the other hand, if you want to gamble with vendors, I think their should be certain items only able to get off of the venders by gambling. Just so it has a real purpose.

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah I think the PvP in D2 was a pain in the ass (especially when you were trying to quest).

IF, (and this is a big if) D3 was released with alignments (Good and Evil Chars), then PvP could be extremely interesting.

I was thinking if it ended that way, there could be certain "territories" you could claim in game (like say a gang of evil characters takes a small fort in Act 2 or something, and all evil chars during that act would gain some small benefit in some way).

Though for this to work in game mechanics (the whole good and evil characters) you would require good and evil aligned creatures that roam around. Also i suppose (UNLESS IT WAS AN MMO) this would totally be against the spirit of what Diablo was. (LOL kinda just debunked my own ideas)

Pale I also agree that there should be certain items you can ONLY get off a successful gamble.

Gambling on sport events could be kinda cool, also i suppose you could gamble before a big battle (IE last quest of act) saying howmany deaths it would take to beat a boss etc (bet on less deaths mean you get a better gift)

As i mentioned elsewhere (in one of the other stickies) I think D3 should take place a fair bit ahead from D2 (200 years or so - making it around 1200 or so ad (judging from G(r)eed's comment in D2 ("Im going to party like its 999" though this is just an assumption that its prior to that timeline))

Also as time passes foward maybe make it so that new areas include new lands (that have been discovered since the D2 incident). Maybe an oriental area (The Jungles of Kurast kinda remind me of Aztec or Incan places (pyramid designs)).

Anyhow lemme know what you think

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah. Something awesome in D3 and PvP would be Betting. You challenge someone to a duel (obviously you wouldnt be interrupted) and if they accept, you can place an item in the "BETTING" Inventory. Once both players have placed a "betting" item on the table, and started fighting, they cant run away and get their item because the second someone dies or leaves the arena, the other player gets all the stuff! Sorta a build on what Pale Horse said about winner takes all.

Maybe the duel viewers could also place bets on who they think will win.

As for your ideas, I like the random quest gen thing. I just read Pale Horse's thing and feel like an idiot for typing this all and realising hes just done the same :D haha oh well! Great ideas guys keep the great work up! I want to be ahead of the other threads in posts :p haha..I'm so petty.

stephen149

Member!
Reaction score
Late response here, but I don't think they should have random map gens. I think it should be the same the whole time. My reasons for that are...they are making the world ALOT bigger from what I have heard. It was fine with D2 but if the world is gonna be alot bigger, it will just be annoying to have to re-discover land all the time.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Hm. I think random map gen = VERY GOOD REPLAY VALUE! And where are you getting all this info from??

Even if it is huge, like D2, there will prolly be a path that you can follow :)

Stratocaster42

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, that does give a great replay.

I think D3 should have a much higher diversity of monsters. Something better than quill rats lol

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Hmm. What kinda monsters though? Do you think new ones should be created? Nightmares? Corrupt dudes? I dont know. How about random emos.

Hmmmmm. I think that there should be more horror aspects in the game like in D1. More undead and gross things

Stratocaster42

Member!
Reaction score
I dunno, if there are, I think that the surrounding environment should be more horrifying than the actual monsters. You dont want it turning into Doom 3. Ew

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Hmm..as much fun as scaring yourself can be, it can be a major turn-off if it becomes too bad. Also if they start focusing too much on being "Scary" it can also take away the whole Hack'n'slash fun.

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
Monsters will have to be strictly based on the religous concepts from the first 2 Diablos. I was thinking about what if they had monsters from different regions but i realised, that as far as Diablo games are concenerd "christian" style religion is the correct one.

You cant really have monsters that break that religious mold. (like monsters from DnD - mindflayers, beholders etc).

that said i never read the bible and cant really think of many monsters taht arnt in diablo already

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Haha interesting concept you have there Shadow_Drifter. You must read the BIBLE or else you will be condemned to HELL. Rofl