Cool/useful scripts you use

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
If you use any cool or useful scripts (a special jump script, a spray script, etc) post it here. No need to post buy scripts. I'd like to see how you guys play.

I just thought of this one a couple weeks ago. It works pretty well. It makes your duck key turn on cl_dynamiccrosshair (which is smaller when you duck) and turns it off when you stand again so that it won't expand.

alias "+duck2" "+duck; cl_dynamiccrosshair 1"
alias "-duck2" "-duck; cl_dynamiccrosshair 0"
bind "shift" "+duck2"

Also, if you get the dead spectator bug (where you can't type... it happens to those who have duck bound to shift or anything else but control), add "spec_menu 0" to the +duck2 alias.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Put them in userconfig.cfg. If you put them in config.cfg, they'll work once and then disappear.

I use three custom config files just for organization: binds.cfg for custom binds, aliases.cfg for custom aliases, and userconfig.cfg for everything else (video and netcode tweaks, etc). If you make a new config file (like newconfig.cfg), then you'll need to run it from the game's launch options. To do this, open your Games menu, right-click CS, click Properties, click Launch Options, and add exec "newconfig.cfg to the end of the line.

KillerMe

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
I see, maybe you can help me with something. I want to be able to press Y and I will automaticially buy a HE grenade and pull it out. Is that possible? If so, how do I do it?

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
A bit off topic beings I never enter these forums (I only use buy scripts...), and I probebly should have checked out stickies, but what do those little things you put up there do Master_America?

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
That grenade script is tricky. I've tried it before and could never get it right.

And jd... what little things are you talking about? Most of those stickies are there from before I became staff member... I should probably update them some time soon.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I just checked the stickies, they didn't really help me either. I was just wondering what each of your script did for you.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
In your Sierra folder, it's called autoexec.cfg. If you don't have it, you'll have to make it in the cstrike folder and you'll have to add +exec autoexec.cfg to your cstrike shortcut's target line.

Wow, looks like some people need to learn a little bit more about scripting. These stickies haven't been very helpful, I guess?

snowbong

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.tpg.com.au
From what I read form the sticky you have to put ya alias's in autoconfig.cfg and ya put ur binds in config.cfg. I did that but it didn't work, I think i didn't do my aliass and binds properly. I'll tell u what they are and what i want them to do, can you plz tell me if they are wrong or anyhting

These are my alias's and what there meant to do:

// buy five-seven with full ammo
alias buy_fn57 "buy; ms1; ms5; wait; slot10; wait; wait; buy; ms7"

// duck then come back up and crosshair same size
alias "+duck2" "duck; cl_dynamiccrosshair 1"
alias "-duck2" "-duck; cl_dynamiccrosshair 0"

// buy he grenade and pull out
alias +buythro "hegren; wait; weapon_hegrenade; wait; wait; +attack"
alias -buythro "-attack"

// buy tactical shield
alias buy_shield "buyequip; ms8"

// jump + duck at same time
alias +duckjump "+jump; +duck"
alias -duckjump "-duck; -jump"

Now these are my binds in my config.cfg for the alias's:

bind "shift" "+duck2"

bind "SPACE" "+duckjump"

bind "y" "+buythro"

bind "j" "buy_fn57"

bind "t" "buy_shield"

If anyone can help me with these Thnx.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Originally posted by 4n0nym0us3 n00b13
I guess this is a little off topic, but I am just now joining the CS Hacking Forum and was wondering is this for 1.5 or 1.6?
Either.

We don't have any hacking forum here, though, and we don't like cheat discussion.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Don't worry, I've been working around the CS forums for a while now and I still don't get it :D

I just use buy scripts...you know, the ones that people make for you :D

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Scripts for Counter-Strike usualy are file(s) with binds in it that can do certain things. Like binding mouse1 to +hook ect. Complicated scripts usualy end up doing multiple things with one button or when you do something; like when planting a bomb a script may say "cover me" or when you hit the "insert" key it will play a mp3 and then change you name to YOURNAME(MP3).

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
My friends often come over to play CS and they like to change my name. So I simply made a special bind to make it easier:

bind kp_slash "messagemode name"

The messagemode command can be used to make it easier to enter in any command without using the console. With "messagemode name," a prompt comes up (like the "say" prompt when you press y) and a person can type in any name he wants then hit enter to change it.

-Also-
Originally posted by Akule
im confused though. What are scripts?
Scripts in CS are usually strings of commands you use with a single button press. Buy scripts, for example, will give you a weapon, ammo, and often armor and a grenade all with a single button press. All in this thread are tons of examples of different scripts.

Full-Torqe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.outaline.com
I got a b-hop script, auto fire script (useful with the duals), anti-recoil script, teleport script (havent tested it), Respawn Script (havent tested), Balarina Jump (looks really weird), 4 shot glock burst and a best FPS setting script.

Full-Torqe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.outaline.com
here is the auto fire script

alias +11 "alias _special 22;22"
alias -11 "alias _special;-attack"
alias 22 "33;wait;special"
alias 33 "44"
alias 44 "+attack;alias 33 55"
alias 55 "-attack;alias 33 44"