Confused about items...

metrakos2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OK...I'm deffinantly a noob to diablo II, only been playing for...what, 3 days? Of course, I'm already hooked. I created a pally, and with my amazing ability to "figure out" a game, have realized I've screwed it over by making it basically a giant mess of different skills with no real target. I was thinking of maybe making a new character, possibly necro, but I'm confused about one thing in the guides: How do they expect someone to get all those specific items??? There are tons of items in this game! How can one be expected to get specific ones?!? And also, how do you get 5 skills to level 20 (100 skill points) if you only get 1 skill point a level and you can only get to level 99 -.-

Metra :fwink

EDIT: Spelling...keyboard is screwy

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
A few things:

1: I would avise against a necro. Make a Barbarian or Amazon: they tend to be less complicated, also there items arent hard to get.

2: The specific items are mainly for the rich: seeing how there really "good" items. You can trade with other people for them or find them yourself from specific areas/monsters.

3: There are several quests that give you a Bonus Skill point. Altogether thats 4 skills per difficulty with 3 difficulties: thus enabaling 111 skill points.

4: What realm are you on? )USEast, USWeat, Eurpose, and Asia) and whats your account name? Or do you play single player? I'd be glad to help you out on Multiplayer.

Theres really a lot to the game. For a complete guid Click Here

metrakos2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OK...I kinda like pallys...I was thinking of sticking with the one I have no matter how crummy it seems. I play on US West, username: razzor7 and character name: mesgar. I'd appreciate some help, as I'm horribly comfused (this game is nothing like runescape :confused: )

EDIT: Fixed smiley

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Had this been an earlier patch that woulda been fine however...

Since 1.10 came out well; its very hard without a slightly decent character. By very hard I mean damn impossible; either way you'll find out when/if you get to Hell difficulty. Your gonna end up not being able to kill much; let alone live...

Im affraid I cant help you. I play on USEast and would rather now change. However your welcome to switch over; granted I'm not godly however I can still help you gratefully in way other than items.

metrakos2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, my freind (lvl 89 sorc, leveling mad fast, probably coke fueled ;) ) gave me all the "crap" he got from pindle and meph, so I'm good as far as that goes. Also, I have 300k cash (is that alot?) from arcane and trav runs. The only problem I have is that I'm now realizing putting 8 points into holy freeze and like 7 points into holy fire and such was a bad idea. I'm going to make a new character for sure (since according to some posts, I can EASILY get to lvl 50 in a couple days). I plan on doing PvM so could you point me in the dirrection of a good MFing pally build?

EDIT: Can you switch realms without making a new character?

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Gold doesnt matter for anything but repairs;)

As far as a mf pally goes I've never seen one. Most mf chars are Sorceress's seeing how there the strongest/fastest for MF.

As for realm switching. Right were you see your characters before you go into the lobb/char room place look in the top right corner. It says something like "switch realms" truthfully I've never tried it so I dont know how it works. However I think thats how you switch realms.

If you ever do come to east my account is *DTO.Khull

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
These good items you talk of are drops from bosses like Meph. The higher your MF, the better the chance of finding one of these items.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by metrakos2
OK...I'm deffinantly a noob to diablo II, only been playing for...what, 3 days? Of course, I'm already hooked. I created a pally, and with my amazing ability to "figure out" a game, have realized I've screwed it over by making it basically a giant mess of different skills with no real target. I was thinking of maybe making a new character, possibly necro, but I'm confused about one thing in the guides: How do they expect someone to get all those specific items??? There are tons of items in this game! How can one be expected to get specific ones?!? And also, how do you get 5 skills to level 20 (100 skill points) if you only get 1 skill point a level and you can only get to level 99 -.-
u save all skills until ur a high enough lvl to stack the points into that specific skill, and any synergie that goes with it. in order to get good items, u neeed to get a mfer (magic-finder, preferably sorc for tele and fast kills) and create games, killing unique monsters or bosses like meph. to lvl to a high lvl read this thread... http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=72975

Weeeman02

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Khull

1: I would avise against a necro. Make a Barbarian or Amazon: they tend to be less complicated, also there items arent hard to get.

[/URL]
A barb for a new player?

Bad Idea.

I finally have a good mf'er and i still cant put together a great barb....

Necro is probably one of the easiest to solo with, even in hell, without godly items. [Summoner]

But Ive seen a few MF hammerdins....but most are based on items a new player simply wouldnt have, and without enigma its hard to do much of mfing.

Go with a blizzard or meteor or lightning sorc...all 3 are pretty damn good, even without good items. And will all be great with mf'n

btgarber

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
whats everyones bnet account cuase i have beat the game on normal nm hell plz

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
ill help u out when im on (rarely)wisper me qazean01 uswest non ladder
crapy chars on ladder

drax

Member!
Reaction score
I would suggest making a new paladin(if you really like them), and make a hammerdin. I'll give you a link to a good guide.

http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=73310

Most of the items on there aren't going to be in your price range, so maybe you could get your friend to help show you around the game and help you get some decent mf gear.