Clans?

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was just wondering if clans could actually help you train? Do they teach you stuff? have you been taught in clans? I was in one once and i didnt do crap!
:hbut
the thing is that im really getting tired of this crap and i want to get better...some days i play like crap and lose 3 to 1...and somedays i play very well and win 3 to 1(No lol...not becoz of newbs)! im currently at 50/50 and I want to get better. so do you think clans would help me out?
:nooob

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
depends on clan,

best way to get helps from clan: tournies imo.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmmm...tournaments? Do you mean that i train over there or there are clans over there that would most likely help me out?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Clans depend. If they are snooty clans (who want like 60%+ and lvl 15) then they are jerks themselves, because they will ban you the moment how low your Win% becomes.

If its clans that accept anyone, then you could be helping out Noobies instead of seeing how you can improve your own game.

Take it from my personal experience, DONT be in a clan :p. Unless it has good tournaments, solo players, or AT partners.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
clans can teach you stuff like me im in the clan WARC we are a map making clan so we pass map ideas around and we help when ppl ask

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
clans are basically useless, all they are REALLY good for is providing a stable setting for which you can relate to the people in and chat

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Zerglite said:
clans are basically useless, all they are REALLY good for is providing a stable setting for which you can relate to the people in and chat
thats only because you never try to be with your clan, hence they start ignoring you and stuff, you become outcast of the clan.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Wish there was, but who would be the Chieftan, and we need 10 members, and the chieftan must be online every once in awhile.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
We have already tried. Aragorn, Pan ,Kaldaris were shamans , someone was chieftain(Zaku?), I was grunt and the result: the clan was dismissed because of inactivity. I have been in much more active clans -everybody enters at least 1-2 times a week. No need to try. i dont play azeroth too

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh ok...Yeah you're right. But we should be able to find a bunch of people that go on frequently. Im sure there are many like rival.showtime?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I would be shaman or chieftan, cuase I am on like every day :D

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think recreational clans are for fun and shouldn't really be used to get better. The best way to do that is practice. Once you are good joining a clan can be useful for clan wars and connections with good players.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Just don't join Gamespy Clans, enuff said :p

necromankas

Member!
Reaction score
really.... it depends on the type of clan and what u want to learn. some clans teach and some clans expect pros to join thier clan

Reaction score
clans are good for getting people to play with and trust. its also fun to play inside clan wars like in my clan. but be warned, if your annoying, have a low record (60% and below and 50 wins) then the chances of someone asking you for a ladder game is unlikely.