Character Build Equipment Guide

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Bio.Hazard said:
which means you'd have to put points into weapon block, so you still have block%

but wouldnt that basically be a ww asn?
i used weapon block alot when i played, with most any build...

it helps since you dont need to put extra points into dex to get a decent ~60% block rate, and since you are using 2 claws it = more +skills usually...

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
Well for one - the idea that people can simply copy items from here seems sickening. --- which in a sense, makes this more of a list than a guide

And for two - there are a couple mistakes as to what he got from my templar guide.

-FWI

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I wish people would be kind enough to correct these mistakes, if they even exist.

Thing is, the builds are in the sticky, this thread is *meant* to give them an updated item database so that the character builds aren't so outdated. Seems no one really cares though.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I'm going to bump this and ask you guys one last time. Unless you can point out ''mistakes'' and give ''solutions'' to them, I'm going to assume this is perfectly good for stickying and merging with Each build's other info, etc. So I ask again: point out anything bad and give a correction for it, please!

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
ok I'll review all of the items on here for ya. I'll go one by one and edit this post after I finish each one. I have cooked up almost all of these in single player with trainers, and messed around extensively with some, so hopefully I know what im talking about. If not, anyone is 100% free to correct me anywhere they want. Here we go.

Guide 1 - PvP Necro FAQ By c9h13no3

Helm: Harlequin Crest (Um'd)
Armor: Enigma
Ammy: 10% Cast, +2 to Necro Skills, ect. Amulet
Belt: Arachnid's Mesh
Gloves: Frostburns
Ring 1: Soj
Ring 2: Soj
Boots: Marrowwalks
Shield: Spirit Monarch or Stormshield whichever your desire.
Shield 2: Spirit for +2 skills with Call To Arms.
Weapon: Heart of The Oak
Weapon 2: Call To Arms

A PvP necro would never use Marrowwalk unless he wanted to be laughed at. I would use Waterwalk, for the great life bonus, extra fire resist and defense. Silkweave, however, is also a desirable alternative, with double the defense vs. missle of waterwalk, and +10% maximum mana (I just don't see this necessary though).

If you use nova, there is no reason to waste your shako's socket with an Um. Use a 5/5 facet. If you don't use nova, there's still no reason to use the Um - you won't have even close to maximum damage reduction, so use a Ber here, or if you prefer, a Jah for life.

As far as the amulet, if you've ever seen a pcp necro you know he has a PLENTY fast cast rate without needing the 10%fcr on ammy. Use +3 PnB with a life mod, or Maras if you are running very (45 or lower) low on resistances.

I prefer Magefist for gloves. Youre merc's med aura takes care of your mana, you don't need that much. However, if you find you can settle with the slower cast rate, you are free to use frosts.

And finally, you should keep a Spirit and 5/5 facet'd SS and use the SS against melee duellers, spirit against nonmelee duellers.
That's just a correction to that guide, though, I have my own PvP necro build revloved around fcr, here it is if you want it.

PvP Bone Spear/Spirit Necro
Helm: Harlequin Crest, Ber'd and Jah'd (switch between the 2)
Amulet: +3 PnB, +life ammy
Armor: Enigma Archon Plate
Shield: Spirit Monarch
Weapon: Wizardspike, with a jewel with +defense or damage-->mana as prefix and +life or fhr as suffix
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Ring 1: Stone of Jordan
Ring 2: Bul Kathos' Wedding Band
Gloves: Magefist
Boots: Waterwalk

With a Med aura merc and charms, this is my favourite bone PvP necro build.

Guide 9 - Super Fantastic Powerful Low Level Dueling Assassin Guide By newbie4lyfe

Helm: Biggons Bonnet (Ehanced Damage/Max Damage Jewel'd)
Armor: Greyform
Ammy: Rare Amulet with AR and second mod.
Belt: Death's Sash or Rare Belt with FHR and +Life
Gloves: Bloodfists
Ring 1: Rare Ring with AR and +Life
Ring 2: Same as Ring 1
Boots: Gorefoots
Shield: Pelta Luna (Enhanced Damage/Max Damage Jewel'd)
Shield 2: None
Weapon: Ethereal Assassin Weapon with Repair Durability Mod (Enhanced Damage/Max Damage Jewel'd)
Weapon2: None

Sorry, but LOTS of mistakes here, and I know this one by heart. Armor should be 4os gothic plate with either four +max +enhanced damage jewels, or 3 +m +ed jewels and one jewel of freedom (but I dont reccommend this because gothic plate has 70 str req and so do greaves, and I recommend using Greaves for kick dmg, and you cant put a jewel of freedom in greaves :) )

Belt and gloves NEED to be Deaths set sash and gloves. NO question here. With set bonuses like 8% life leech, +15% all resist, and 30% increased attack speed, this is the only way to go.

For rings, Nagels are much easier to find than rares with AR and life, and nagels have thorn damage (and more AR than you could get on a rare ring anyway). You'll find the AR is more important than life.

Boots: Greaves for a kick asn have the absolute most kick dmg for level 9. Try to find a good rare, any one with mods level 9 and under. a REALLY good idea is to imbue Greaves at charsi in normal.

Boots: if you aren't a kick asn, Hotspur is a no contest here as well. Amazing fire resist and hard to beat life mod.

Shield: pelta lunata is nice indeed, but for level 9 since damage is so limited I like to stick to my trusty 4os gothic shield with 4x +m +ed jewels.

Weapon: The 6os Military Pick is NO CONTEST here. It has a whopping six sockets and is the fastest weapon in the game to boot. It doesn't do as much base damage as an eth claw would, but with 6 sockets, you can get around +50 max damage and +60% enhanced damage on it, and still attack fast as lightning.

warnings: using this equipment is gonna require a full grush + lam esens quests along with +str charms! But you should be able to hit around 500-600 damage charged at level 9.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I appreciate it. Seeing as some people would rather mock the guide rater then correct it if it's needed, and it very well may be, I could really use your help guys. :)

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
About the low lvl assa. It aint a kick assa, so Boots dont need good kick dmg. And hsaru´s boots give fire res + Frw. And about a 4 socket gothic plate then it got too high str req. 70 str req is alot for a lvl 9. And if u use a - req jewel then u can just go use a BP or a light plate.

Belt should be death´s cus u REALLY need the Cannot be Frosen. But gloves dont need to be. Cus the 15 all res isent gonna help so much. Cus most elemental dmg ull meet at this lvl have low dmg. The life Leech dont work in pvp. so left good about the deaths gloves is 30 % ias and some psn res. Bloodfirst have 5 min. dmg. 40 life, 30% fhr and 10 % ias. So bloodfirst is much better.

As for shield I would not say Gothic shield cus of the high str req. Pelta lunata or Umbral disk socket with max dmg jewel is the best. Good block, life, and Pelta lunata have Fbr.

If u use a 6 socket Military Pick Then u lose claw mastery. (and assas look better with claw:)) . And i think a Eth rare, claw with self-repair is better.

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
@shadow hunter: Make your build on open and fight my build on open. Your first three arguments are plausible, but my military pick would walk all over anyone's claw without a doubt. Go ahead, meet me on open any time you want. *TTV is my account.

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
Well.. If u are gonna use a Military pick where would u put the skills u dont have to put in Claw mastery ?

A 3 socket helm with 3 Max dmg jewels add more max dmg than biggons bonnet. But biggons have a little life and Ar.

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
Ok .. I made this on Sp with a Military pick with 6 jewels. And I think i have been a little wrong. When I had no Charges I had most dmg with the Claw. But with 3 Charges I had more dmg with the Military pick. I did think that the Claw would have most dmg all the time... But it dident. Now, with the Claw I had more Ar cus of mastery, but i dont think so much ar is needed unless duelling a barb. . and the Critical strike that Claw mastery offers is only 14 % so the Change is too small.
So basicly I think u was right about the weapon and i was wrong. (Everybody can be wrong).
Only question i have now is: Where should the Points u dont put in Claw mastery go ?

~Shadow

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
Oh, I see what you're saying -
+9 tiger strike
+1 claw mastery
+4 BoS
+6 Psychic Hammer

I've used Psychic Hammer in duels a lot, but it usually doesn't connect / knock them back very much. It's most useful for when you just want to throw them off, or they're chasing you. I'm looking into using Blade Sentinel instead, the damage actually looks OK since it's based on weapon damage. These are really the only two options if you are not a kick asn.

Now, I'm not saying using a claw is stupid. It can work, but for level 9 I don't think the claw shows its benefits. At level 12, with Weapon Block and Dragon Claw finisher a claw asn can be quite formidable. More on that later if you want. I just don't see the point to use a claw, unless you use its full benefits by using 2 claws with weap block and dragon claw.

EDIT: Alright just came back from SP. Here's the skill build:
+9 Tiger Strike
+1 Claw Mastery
+4 BoS
+4 Blade Sentinel
2 leftover points I put in hammer.

I got 27-129 Blade Sentinel damage, not bad for a lil blade that patrols around. My charged weapon damage is 120-1417. (using my non-kicker equipment build)

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
hm.. I tryed Blade Sentinel on my assa in Sp . Blade Sentinel did around 80 max dmg.. thats not bad to fire it on a Char and then go hit him/her with TS..
And then the last 2 points go to Physic hammer. The dmg is low, but if use alot of psn charms and they run with only 1 hp left, u PH them and they die .. ..
Sounds good.. Maby u could make it to a guide.

~Shadow

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
read my edit. and yeah you're right, hammer is great for people trying to run back to town, though BoS usually lets you catch up to 'em anyway. hehe. You wanna duel on open since we're both on?

BTW, about the STR requirement. It is nice to be able to have a lot of fine / life sc's, but for my level 9 build my entire inv is filled with str charms. 10x +4 str gc's and 10x +1 str sc's = +50 str = 70 str, just enough. Then put 13 into dex for the pick, the rest can go to vit, and I end up around 300 life. :)

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
I dont think im up for a duel atm .. its late .. (5 am.) so im going to bed soon (very soon)..
Btw .. is it possibel to get Charms with max dmg and lvl req under 9 ?

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
of course. a Fine grand charm has (I THINK) +1 max and +10? AR I dont remember exactly

edit: +3 max and +20 AR is the cap on level 6 ilvl Fine prefix, as long as it has no suffix

SweatyOgre

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Trojan Man said:
Guide 13 - PvP or PvM Conc Barb By SweatyOgre

Gear
--------------------------
Helm: Arreat's Face (Enhanced Damage with Increased Attack Speed Jewel'd)
Armor: Archon Plate Enigma or Fortitude
Ammy: Crescent Moon or Mara's Kaliedoscope
Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Cord
Gloves: Dracul's Grasp
Ring 1: 5% Bul-Kathos Wedding Band
Ring 2: 5% Bul-Kathos Wedding Band
Boots: Ethereal Sandstorm Treks
Shield: Stormshield (Um'd) or Phoenix Monarch
Shield 2: Spirit
Weapon: Ethereal Breath of The Dieing Colossus Blade or Berserker Axe
Weapon2: Call To Arms
Why do you expect people to use CTA and Spirit for an alternate weapon on a Barbarian, when you can get more +WCs using Echoings?

Also, an Enigma is a bad choice for this barb, as it focuses on Def more than skills.

Crescent Moon or Mara's and Dual BK rather than Angelics? What are you planning on hitting, Fallen?

The choice between Eth Zod'd Razor's Edge and BoTD is disputable, so I suppose it's all opinion there, but I've always preferred the Razor's.

Why do you think a 40/15 in Arreats would be better than Cham? Where will you get CBF?

Also, your updates to my Orb Sorc guid kind of defeat it's purpose. It was meant for early ladder, when you're building up your gear.