Cant install sc

Spawnboy

Member!
Reaction score
:scary i cant install sc. I think its because i didnt uninstall from my other harddrive that crashed and now the cd key for sc doesnt work can someone help me please. Would someone know how too work my cd key again, It's either because the cd key might be on the other harddrive that crashed or it was never deleted from the database of the harddrive that crashed and now blizzard sees it as being used by someone else because whenever I put it the cd key in too install it, it says invalid/Starcraft, can someone please help me with this problem

someoneod

Member!
Reaction score
I could install starcraft 6 times on my computer with the same cdkey. Installing does not even need a key that works online, you can use a cdkey generator. The only reason for the cdkey is FOR online play. All cdkeys work to install, if they are legitimate. Your keys will work to install, if they are legitimate. Blizzard cannot ban keys from installation, only from online play. I find it seriously unlikely that you're telling us the whole story.

Spawnboy

Member!
Reaction score
i said i had sc installed on a diff harddrive and that i never uninstalled it and the harddrive it was on crashed and now i can't reinstall sc on this harddrive that im using and it says Invalid/Starcraft and then it installs and then aborts it from finishing it because its being used already or something

Spawnboy

Member!
Reaction score
nevermind i got it installed i had too be on master account too install it and run the game but i still can't play broodwar because it wont bring up install screen for it

someoneod

Member!
Reaction score
As i said, it wasnt the key that was the problem. To bring up the install screen insert the broodwar disc, go to my computer, and double click the icon.

Spawnboy

Member!
Reaction score
but i can't install broodwar because it says disc corrupt can not install or it just doesnt bring up install screen

someoneod

Member!
Reaction score
copy all of the files from the disc to your pc. if it still doesnt work, then your screwed. Try bittorent + alchohol 120%, or in your case, daemon tools [its more noob friendly]; if it doesnt work.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
If you're lucky, you might be able to burn your copy of Brood Wars. Or go out and buy it... it's less than $10 these days. My copy of BW is scratched beyond repair and has a crack or two in it. Still works, but I don't know how many more runs it can pull off.