Bought/Torrented/Stolen/Read // Thought : BF edition.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
On other boards I go to, every Wednesday(or days where comics come out new, which is normally Wednesday) someone starts a thread where posts post what comics they bought, what they thought of them, and discussion insues. Normally they get to about 5-6 pages before the next week's, sometimes going up to 50+ pages in a week if it's a heavy / controversial week.

Figured BF could use something like that in this section, since it's dead. However, the rules will be slightly different. You don't have to post them on wednesday. They don't have to be new. It can be any comic or manga or full graphic novel from whenever, solongas you read it and write somewhat of a review on it. Tried earlier with the spotlight on threads, but I figure this will work a bit better. Since it's standard for the first person that starts the thread to kick it off, guess I'll start.

Batman - Knightfall: Broken Bat (vol. 1)

This is where the infamous 'end of Batman' story started. It starts with Bane, who is unknown to Batman, breaking out every single convict in Arkham Asylum. Batman, who is already in a weakened state through some illness he conceived, starts this journey to put all the villains behind bars once again. Throughout the entire book he's capturing some of his "mid level" foes (Ventrilloquist, Amygdala, Firefly, Psn Ivy, Zassaz), and throughout the entire book he's constantly getting weaker and weaker. Bane has eyes throughout the entire city, and is watching him close, picking the perfect time to strike. Not going to spoil it (lol if you don't know what happens, but at the same time it's understanable) and what happens at the end, but for the TPB (Trade Paper Back, the collection of issues the Arc contained in 1 book) at 18$ with ~270 pages, it wasn't bad at all.

If you're a Batman fan, it's part of the "manditory" literature when it comes to reading Batman. If you're not, it's still a good book. You might be a bit confused as to who certain villains are, but most of them are captured and done with within 1 issue, about a 12th of the entire book.

I'll keep updating this, probably once every Wednesday or Thursday when I go scoop up the new issues for the week and back issues/tpb's.

Post away if you want, or don't. Whatever.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
i bought a jason vs freddy vs ash comic once it was good but i dont like comics that much

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ultimate Hulk Annual #1

Zarda tries to kill, Cap sends her out to learn that it's wrong. She meets Hulk at Waffle House or something like it. Hulk is naked. Hulk has money from nowhere, which is laughable. They fight. They screw.

Didn't particularly like it, but at least we know Zarda's got a thing for big gray men.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Bruce Banner is a pimp among pimps.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I bought my dad Mr Punch and Signal to Noise for christmas if that counts. I haven't read them but I'm sure they kick ass

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Thor #12 - Last weeks issue. I love Thor, and his absence has been extremely painful, but for the last year he has his new series, and this issue as a culmination of my thoughts on the series. It moves to slow, way to slow. It is nice because it is setting up a lot, but I feel this reads better as a trade, then an agonizingly slow comic.

Otherwise as for this issue itself, it was interesting. IT makes sense of a few things that have happened and are going to happen. Without this issue, having made Loki a woman made no sense whatsoever, and the trend recently of "sticking tits on a bunch of the old male bad guys" was pissing me off. The way things are being set up makes so much more sense, and I'm on board full way with this series.