BOTD or LASt wish???

Viet_boi059

Member!
Reaction score
Ok i'm makin a barb for killin ubers and i need to know if last wish or botd is better. Cuz last wish never misses but BOTD has more damage. And can you also tell me what type or weapon is the best like a last wish zerk or phase blade or a botd zerk or phase balde and why. Can you plzz tell me the pros and cons of thses weapons. THX.

Reaction score
if last wish never misses your probley better useing that thats y smiters are godly at ubers not only can they get the life tap on exile n massive defence but smite never misses

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
yea, Botd aint even that good for ubers... The Weapon dmg is just for Finishing off the monster... And Last wish add Insane amounts of CB... its like 70% Cb? (not sure how much it add).. But it will be enough Cb for the char, and then you can focus Helm, boots, armor and other stuff on getting res and stuff.. only bad thing is that Last Wish cost 5 hrs + Mal to make.. =/

~Shadow

dNiym

Member!
Reaction score
Zerker Vs Phase blade

Phase Blade --- Has no durability, naturally indestructable.
Zerker --- Not very much durability, wears out real fast.

With a runeword with 5 high runes in it such as last wish it will be VERY VERY VERY expensive to repair. Unless you just like wasting time hunting ort runes or piles of cash you are going to get real sick of a zerker axe real fast. Grief is a good example not nearly as expensive runewise as last wish but once most any runeword gets down on durability its repair cost is INSANE, 500k gold or more. If you mostly do ubers with this char or duel chances of you having that much gold on that char at one time are pretty minimal, and its unlikely you will use this char to hunt ort runes with so then you're stuck with finding them with another char and xfering them. All in all phase blade wins on so many diff levels.

not_a_poster

Member!
Reaction score
but u lose like 40% of your damage if u switch to phase

me? ide do it though lol

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
I think you lose even more dmg by using Phase over Zerk.. Also you lose your Range... Phase Blade has Range 2, And Zerker has 3.. So for Duells vs Ww barbs you will allways have the lower hand when duelling them... But for Ubers its really hard to say what to use, becouse close to no1 have any experience with Uber doing barbs ...

~Shadow

Stymee

Reaction score
i prefer zerker, i have a ebotdz and a beast zerker on myl vl 94 barb (hes ww/frenzy) i can do ubers with a smiter or hammerdin in less than 3 minutes. ive never had a lastwish as they are expensive so i can comment on it. with a pb u just lose to much dmg for it to be effective imo

dNiym

Member!
Reaction score
Shadow-Hunter said:
I think you lose even more dmg by using Phase over Zerk.. Also you lose your Range... Phase Blade has Range 2, And Zerker has 3.. So for Duells vs Ww barbs you will allways have the lower hand when duelling them... But for Ubers its really hard to say what to use, becouse close to no1 have any experience with Uber doing barbs ...

~Shadow

Note: I didn't address the damage loss or range because he was talking about killing ubers, not dueling. If you dont mind high ass repair costs and digging up ort runes every 3 runs by all means go zerker, if you want a zero maintence item then go phase.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Noob question, but how is it that Last Wish never misses. It can miss, that is all about AR, which if you dont have enough you will miss. Am I missing something here?

Now ... BotD always in a zerker. It's indestructible so no need for the durability.
Last Wish on the other hand needs both the damage and durability. Durability on this is very costly, and damage can always be increased with charms, mods ect. So since you are going to do Ubers, and being a barb you will melee, I don't see + or - 1 range is a big difference. IMO I would go with the PB and make up some of the damage with other items with mods towards it.

Are you frenzy, ww, or something else? Reason I ask is, if you are using duel weapons why not one of both, unless of course your going with the better option weapon and shield.

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
If its just for Ubers then **** the Last Wish, and go do something Like: Wiz with ber (75 All res + 20% CB not bad, and its Cheap), Silence (75 all res, 2 skills, speed and some more stuff (and Its only Vex + ist that is expencive), Black (40% CB + Cheap as it can get), Grief (less expencive than LW, and it add high dmg, no CB or res Tho..)

~Shadow

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
If last wish never misses it's the best choice. For the same reason an Eth'd cheap CCB from .09 > CCBQ 40ed/15max'd.

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
Beck said:
If last wish never misses it's the best choice. For the same reason an Eth'd cheap CCB from .09 > CCBQ 40ed/15max'd.
Well it might be a little better, But it cost 5 hrs + mal to make, and its even more expencive on NL .. So it would be kinda waste to use it, if you can ubers with Black Flail or something ...

~Shadow

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Shadow-Hunter said:
Well it might be a little better, But it cost 5 hrs + mal to make, and its even more expencive on NL .. So it would be kinda waste to use it, if you can ubers with Black Flail or something ...

~Shadow
Well you can't beat never missing with WW(if he is WW).