Best strategy for mini islands?

lilxplayer1

Member!
Reaction score
whats the best team for this?

im thinking zerg, just make hydras and upgrade the overlord with the transport feature and kill?

does anyone else have any info on this? what team/strategy to use?

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
vs toss: hydys with ups and ovies with ups. Tech slowly to hive while staying alive, of course.
vs terran: muta/scourge plus ovie ups. Then switch to hydys.

zvp will probably be the harder of the two because of sair/reaver.

I usually play p on island unless they're terran in which case I'd pick either p or z.

Biske

Reaction score
Yeah, Protoss I think kinda have the upper hand in island maps. I mean, I can get Corsairs pretty quickly, and that'll deter any dropshipper if you can catch em in the act, and plus, the Zerg Ventral Sack upgrade takes so freaking long, and they'll still be slow as molasis equalling super easy prey for Crosairs if you are no where near land. So, becareful on that. I'd make sure you have a competent air force before you attempt to much.

Best team would either be P-Z, or P-P.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
mini islands one of the stupidest maps ever...i have no idea why you would play it

- a 64x64 4 player or 6 player island map with a big river in the middle...repeat 64X64
- NO ROOM for both your buildings and units...Zerg gets a maximum of 4 hatches if u are to stay in your own space...no room for pylons or supply depots..

as for "best strategy"...there is none because the map is small and just about anything works...go play real maps like Lost temple or any other low money map

Biske

Reaction score
It takes skill to play them, a different kind of skill. And, it's called Base Placement. You kinda have to learn how to place your buildings so if you have limited space, you'll work well.

But, yeah, I don't really like them because you have to wait around 10 minutes for any action. And, I have a limit of 40 minutes of patience on SC. If the game isn't over by then, or doesn't look like I'll win, I say GG and leave, and go play something else. I lose interest.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol...if cramming everything together as close as possible is what u call base placement..then by all means...play micro islands and learn this skill

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
You just like your ROOM with your money maps then. Don't enjoy the extreme fun of microing on a 64x64 then ;)

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Tiger_shark said:
mini islands one of the stupidest maps ever
Gayrky park is the worst map ever. I hope the creator dies a horrible death. I'm not too hot about LT, either, but I'll leave that alone for now.

I just assumed the original poster meant hybrids or something, not knowing it was a real map.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
nah...gorky park isn't that bad of a map...its just calls for different strategies to be played

on island maps T>P>Z>T....Terran owns protoss like hell with tank/goliath drops instead of the regular tank/vulture...protoss owns zerg so bad with reaver/corsair...and zerg can kill terran ez with mutas and then mass drops

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if 2 on 2, have one big 300 scourges all over the map and any air unit is likey to be hit somehow

make other player mass air units and just kill everything in sight
MUHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

i'm only j/k

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Tiger_shark said:
nah...gorky park isn't that bad of a map...its just calls for different strategies to be played
Trust me. It IS that bad. It just screams gayness.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here it ishope it uploads)

Each main has a gayable...... errrrr tankable cliff.

Edit: it won't upload, but you can download it at the wgtour site. Look for official maps section.