Best form of NE defense against the rush?

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
This is definately the weakest part of my game by far. By the time I get rushed I can have about 4 or 5 hunts and a hero....

I don't really approve of the Ancient protectors, I don't think they're worth the money, of course they'll help, but if you get rushed, chances are you're going to lose no matter what you have. So I guess the question is.... what method results in the least amount of losses?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
If ur rushed, uproot your ancient of war for an extra fighter. I like to have moonwells nearby to reapteatedly heal the troops. Obviously the best Hero to stop a NE is the KOTG and Demon hunter.

Here is why. a rush will always have a hero right? so mana burn and treants can change the course of the attack to your favour. AP are realy crappy, so i don't ever suggest using them.

Comin2TakeUAway

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.fuckoff.com
you can always use a cupple of AP, if anything you can use them as a 'wood' shield for ranged attackers on your team.

or you could just go mass units and use that, what ever works 4 u

Decontain

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just mass produce units, so when they attack me, I got a large army, constantly getting healed by moonwells, and if I see that their army is concentrating on one unit, I run away with that unit so that the opponent will have to choose another target or get raped by my units attacking those immobilized bastards

blueknive

Member!
Reaction score
i agree that ancient protectors help............if u place them in the right spot. trying puting your moonwell on the outside with your hunters hall, ancient of waf, and altar on the sides.
^&# this way its harder to get at your protector
ap.ap.ap
mw.mw.mw

;)

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
STARFALL..... Plus the Demon Hunter transformed, several archers and of course, Ancient Protectors. Starfall seriously weakens the brunt of the army, the Demon Hunter deals some serious damage, the Archers pick off the flying units and the Ancient Protectors do the finishing if Starfall doesn't. The only problem with this tactic is that the Priestess of the Moon is extremely vulnerable and will often get killed..... course, you can always use Chimaeras if you're crawling with wealth instead of the heroes.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
to stop a rush??? I wish I had that in a rush situation there x42bn6..... you must be a kick ass player to play with if you've got all that at the begining of a game.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
STARFALL..... Plus the Demon Hunter transformed, several archers and of course, Ancient Protectors. Starfall seriously weakens the brunt of the army, the Demon Hunter deals some serious damage, the Archers pick off the flying units and the Ancient Protectors do the finishing if Starfall doesn't. The only problem with this tactic is that the Priestess of the Moon is extremely vulnerable and will often get killed..... course, you can always use Chimaeras if you're crawling with wealth instead of the heroes.
So where the hell do you pull a lv6+ POTM? Starfall? damn, remind me never to play you. Also, i don't think archers would be to necissary fo air considering air is a little further in the game and i don't taahink everyone can pull out super units like you can.

_NoFx_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by x42bn6
I can get a hero up to Lv 4 in 5-7 minutes..... No big deal..... and mass archers can help a little.
actualy 5-7 minutes is alot of time since you get rushed at like 3-4 mins. Plus I don't think you can get a level 4 hero by killing only creeps in 7 minutes

Reaction score
Website
www.foxinnovations.net
Night Elves are one of the best if not the best race for rushing. Rush your apponents first. If you don't want to do that get some ancient protectors 2-5 huntress demon hunter and the rest archers.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
you're saying that a bunch of archers will destroy a human footman rush?

Ya... right... not only can you have multiple peasants working on one building which makes it construct faster, (which you can do with a NE whisp) but Melee also owns ranged. So even if you do manage to get your Ancient of War built and you get the same amount of archers as they have footmen... their footmen are going to own your Archers. Regardless of a Trushot aura.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well, put it this way. I play larger maps with allies, so it works. But if you are rushed early, a DH with Immolation Lv3 works really well. And you'll be surprised if you can't get a POTM to lv6 early, cos I can. But I find that you need quite a few Huntresses early, to defeat creeps at gold mines, so you can get to Tree of Eternity early, to get Chimaeras. The faster you get them, the easier it is. Trying to break a record of 10 mins 35 secs here. And trust me, your fingers will hurt hell after it. And AP are your best allies when rushing with Melee. Just upgrade your archers early, don't throw that scroll of town portal away, and get loads of Moon Wells early, and you can defeat Melee. But I admit I have problems with 1v1 or 2v2 or 4pFFA.

Reaction score
Website
www.crimsonfold.com
Get a few ancient protectors make sure they are all close together in a diagonal formation and crowd your base with buildings and units making it as small as possible. That will work easily to prevent any rush with a good amount of AP also scout to see if ure getting rushed in the first place.

iAM[ddR]unk

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.clanddr.vze.com
eh, im not too fond of ancient protectors, but getting rushed with night elf could be easy, given the skill of the other team is bad, or if you have a partner(s) they will TP in. i think demon hunter with the flame stuff is the best hero for rushing. i get a couple of hunteresses right away in case of a rush, and i put the moon wells on auto-cast healing.