Best Class??

.FoxHound.

Member!
Reaction score
What is the best class to make when you first start out??

buying the game soon, any information on characters would be helpful

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want the easiest class, then choose a paladin.

I hear rouges are easy too.

.FoxHound.

Member!
Reaction score
thanks, i was thinking paladin anyways cause i rock with them on Diablo :O! is it anything the same at all?

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Don't pick your class because its easy or hard... pick what you like. Rogues arent much easier than any other class. Theyre all different. Rogues kill fast but also die fast, because of low hp and leather armor. Druids are slower but steadier. Able to adapt to many situations and stay alive better. Its all just what your play style is like that should decide what class you play.

.FoxHound.

Member!
Reaction score
yes....i agree i have always been a fan of the paladin... allthough do the aura's stay on you like in diablo or are they just one time use and then use again?

dP

Member!
Reaction score
If you want really basic and ol' school... go with a warrior, I did, played with him, got used to the controls, then I made my shammy... after that I converted to Alliance.

But Paladin and Rogues are okay too.

.FoxHound.

Member!
Reaction score
well i have made a paladin to lvl 3 switched to a better realm got a warrior to lvl 4 BUT now i haer people saying dont make warriors they suck... i'm so lost onto what i should do

dP

Member!
Reaction score
Make whatever you want and play with it for a while and if you dont like it make another one.

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Please don't stop playing warrior because other people say they suck. My bro is a 38 warrior and he can kick most peoples asses in PvP (contested areas). No classes "suck". If you like it, then play it and have fun. Dont choose your class based on other peoples opinions.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
anyone can be good at rogue, so choose rogue if you want easy.

if you want to beat mobs way above your level, be hunter.

barely anyone can be a good druid. if you want a challenge, be druid :p.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
warriors are AWESOME if you make them just right. i have a friend with a level 41 dwarf warrior, and he can take out just about everyone (yes, rogues and shaman).

rogues may be good in duels, but think about it. retaliation means everytime you get hit, you hit them back. against a fast hitting rogue, they might as well be kicking their own ass.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
I would go Gnome Warlock or Dwarf/Night Elf Hunter for your first character. I am leaning towards the hunter because they have mail armor later and they dont rely on mana as much.

I say both of those because they have a pet to tank for them (warlock pets give you bonuses) so they can grind (or powerlevel) easier than other classes.

Or you can be a priest like me and be accepted into any party :butterfly

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
I went hunter for the pure fact they can solo at higher levels no problem plus they're 1st or 2nd in pvp if used right. shaman is probably the only one that can beat them in pvp but on soloing monsters, hunter has a pet tank, shamans have to take it and have a longer downtime.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Edd_N said:
Or you can be a priest like me and be accepted into any party :butterfly
strangely enough, all you have to have is like a few healing spells and you can join a group as a healer. my druid passed as a healer several times. think about it, regrowth is health plus health over time. rejuvination is instant cast lots of health over time. cast regrowth and rejuv right after, and that person can take like mad with all that regen.

plus, you can always go bear form and take the hits ^^. i can take things 4 above my level thanks to my tankalicious bear.

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
To be honest, Priests are to me healbots at higher levels, cast a DoT, the whole groups flips out, mainly you could have used the mana to heal me!

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
TheNamelessYam said:
strangely enough, all you have to have is like a few healing spells and you can join a group as a healer. my druid passed as a healer several times. think about it, regrowth is health plus health over time. rejuvination is instant cast lots of health over time. cast regrowth and rejuv right after, and that person can take like mad with all that regen.

plus, you can always go bear form and take the hits ^^. i can take things 4 above my level thanks to my tankalicious bear.
Um in response to that, we get renew (= regroth or rejuvenation, whichever you choose to look at it) and flash heal if you need that live-saving life boost very quickly. Not to mention the wonders that PW shield does for you.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
xxlStryderlxx said:
To be honest, Priests are to me healbots at higher levels, cast a DoT, the whole groups flips out, mainly you could have used the mana to heal me!
i eff'in hate people who tell me never to use dmg spells in a group as druid. im not a priest, but in a group people are always convinced i am :(.

-edit-

yess edd, im aware they do. i wasnt saying druids were better healers, i have a priest myself and i know its a better healer. but a druid can easily take the position that a priest takes, filling their shoes more then enough.