Before i buy.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am still thinking about buying the game but there is one thing i dont know. In SC you right in the title of the Game the rules. rules being NR10 or whatever it is... In warcraft how do you tell the rules to the people. and if you do, do they follow them?

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well the game interface is totally different... there was a great honor system in starcraft. Now it's a random ladder game that's all that matters on your records and you have to be open to everything like rushing... unless you have the nicest enemies =)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Static
I am still thinking about buying the game but there is one thing i dont know. In SC you right in the title of the Game the rules. rules being NR10 or whatever it is... In warcraft how do you tell the rules to the people. and if you do, do they follow them?
The thing is, warcraft 3 is much different. there are no rulesto the game except, you are randomly matched up, you fight, winner comes out on top.

I personaly find the the random matchups, and the ladder system better. the fact you gainlevels with wins and lossess is so well thought out. that and the "no noob" games won't happen, because u are matched up with ur own skill level

but youhave to rememeber, warcraft 3 is all about rushes, microing and gaining an advantage, starcraft was about teching and massing.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Re: Re: before i buy.

Originally posted by Pan
The thing is, warcraft 3 is much different. there are no rulesto the game except, you are randomly matched up, you fight, winner comes out on top.

I personaly find the the random matchups, and the ladder system better. the fact you gainlevels with wins and lossess is so well thought out. that and the "no noob" games won't happen, because u are matched up with ur own skill level

but youhave to rememeber, warcraft 3 is all about rushes, microing and gaining an advantage, starcraft was about teching and massing.
Ya WC3 is so much different than starcraft. Starcraft is really about massing more than micro or almost anything else.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
The people that rush all the time, does that take away from the fun level?

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no you get used to it really quick and the fact that you probably will rush after a while I'd say everyone on this site has rushed quite a bit lol

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by CitricAcid13
no you get used to it really quick and the fact that you probably will rush after a while I'd say everyone on this site has rushed quite a bit lol
Ya, rushing is a way of life on WC3. Eventually after you get it, you will most likely rush too.

huttbole

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you learn to fend them off. usually if they rush and fail your counter should crush him. plus not everyone rushes. also harrassment will usually keep them from rushing.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rushing is more of a strategy in 1v1 and 2v2 not of a way to win. If you can go at him with just a guy and kill 3 of his workers without being killed it can only help you. Like if you rush them and you kill their guys but won't be able to kill the base, then you've still done the job.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yep, It is all about causing havoc in the build order. Same goes with trying to get in someones eyes when they shoot a basketball at the hoop. They usually miss. ;)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
harassing can also be very annoying when someone does it to you. but then you can tell they are teching. fend them off, rush their base and kick there ass.