Battleforums historic map

Speaker

Premium Member
Reaction score
if i were paid to do terrain for a map or project manager to make an epic battle.net custom map id do it.
ive got a terrain on my hard drive from a while back i spent 8+ hours on

maybe if i do terrain/project manage and someone else does units and someone else trigger we could get a really fun and enjoyable map across battle.net that makes reference back to battleforums.com

just a thought

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Lol, paid to do a map xD
You say Lol to pay a map but... Do you know thehiveworkshop ? I don't know what to think about them, lazy / unhelpful / do things only if too easy. etc. As you may see from my posts, I am a gamer, not a map maker or modeler and never intend to be! I requested some models, ok they were many - around 20. I even tried to look for people who can make converters from Empire Earth to 3d software extention because there aren't any progs. And since there aren't specs given by the company one would waste so much time to find the right algorhytm to be able to import a model file from uknown extention. And that only for the shape! Not to say skinning or animating and adding particles. So I've been looking for people that can do them, I was rdy to give them months... for one year no one, that is - NO ONE wished to do them. It was like some stubborn *****es who would say No, even if they always see you asking about the same thing. I even offered $$ and they refused, lol!! Having in mind $$ can be for site donations, etc they refused! There are so many dumb ppl in THW... . So one person, who makes great models agreed to make at least half of them, well the rest 7-8 are not hard anyway. He would recreate the shape using textures I give to him, screenshots, video clips for how the animation looks, and after 1 YEAR one will finally agree to do them, amazing! One person finally. If I had to make them that would waste me like 6 months for smth others can do in 1 month and I cannot do that good anyway. So, finally someone would do them and that is much better than trying to learn a file extention's scrip, not to say way faster. I just want that number of models from that game, I am not a person wjo will do newer and newer projects and stuff and will ask more and more. That's what they failed to understand, coz these are models I would use in all maps I do, I wouldn't need anything else. Due to their rejection I had to learn how to model, texture and animate. And now I am glad I learnt that kind of prog, I can do good models, very accurately but very slowly. I still cannnot do more complex animations and never intend to do. There are 3D artists, who go to such schools, I am not that and therefore shouldn't even try to get better, not to say I don't want to. And I use this experience to create casual models, model editing simpler animations.I can do much better things than many ppl but still, these are casual models I would do like one-two-three every 5-6 months, and later maybe even not anymore. When I need smth little I do it for 5 mins and do it myself.

So, when you want smth, spending like up to $60 to have perfectly made models that you now use in war3, later can be used in Starcraft 2 for as long time as playing war3 for years... Ofc animtions are lost when exporting back to a 3d program but the textured models remain, or if SC2 uses the same engine, they may create an .mdx (war3) converter to SC2 models. In this way you pay for models which life can last very long. so the money is worthy. Modelling is as much time wasting as playing WoW, I would never ever do it like some others do. What I cr8 as maps and stuff is little and takes few days, not months or I've heard some of them - a year to create a project oO. And mine is just one with making smth fast in the future, so it's not like I'll be making smth year after year/month after month/day after day/, I have much more important things to do in life. I don't wanna waste my time with that just like playing WoW.

Speaker

Premium Member
Reaction score
You say Lol to pay a map but... Do you know thehiveworkshop ? I don't know what to think about them, lazy / unhelpful / do things only if too easy. etc. As you may see from my posts, I am a gamer, not a map maker or modeler and never intend to be! I requested some models, ok they were many - around 20. I even tried to look for people who can make converters from Empire Earth to 3d software extention because there aren't any progs. And since there aren't specs given by the company one would waste so much time to find the right algorhytm to be able to import a model file from uknown extention. And that only for the shape! Not to say skinning or animating and adding particles. So I've been looking for people that can do them, I was rdy to give them months... for one year no one, that is - NO ONE wished to do them. It was like some stubborn *****es who would say No, even if they always see you asking about the same thing. I even offered $$ and they refused, lol!! Having in mind $$ can be for site donations, etc they refused! There are so many dumb ppl in THW... . So one person, who makes great models agreed to make at least half of them, well the rest 7-8 are not hard anyway. He would recreate the shape using textures I give to him, screenshots, video clips for how the animation looks, and after 1 YEAR one will finally agree to do them, amazing! One person finally. If I had to make them that would waste me like 6 months for smth others can do in 1 month and I cannot do that good anyway. So, finally someone would do them and that is much better than trying to learn a file extention's scrip, not to say way faster. I just want that number of models from that game, I am not a person wjo will do newer and newer projects and stuff and will ask more and more. That's what they failed to understand, coz these are models I would use in all maps I do, I wouldn't need anything else. Due to their rejection I had to learn how to model, texture and animate. And now I am glad I learnt that kind of prog, I can do good models, very accurately but very slowly. I still cannnot do more complex animations and never intend to do. There are 3D artists, who go to such schools, I am not that and therefore shouldn't even try to get better, not to say I don't want to. And I use this experience to create casual models, model editing simpler animations.I can do much better things than many ppl but still, these are casual models I would do like one-two-three every 5-6 months, and later maybe even not anymore. When I need smth little I do it for 5 mins and do it myself.

So, when you want smth, spending like up to $60 to have perfectly made models that you now use in war3, later can be used in Starcraft 2 for as long time as playing war3 for years... Ofc animtions are lost when exporting back to a 3d program but the textured models remain, or if SC2 uses the same engine, they may create an .mdx (war3) converter to SC2 models. In this way you pay for models which life can last very long. so the money is worthy. Modelling is as much time wasting as playing WoW, I would never ever do it like some others do. What I cr8 as maps and stuff is little and takes few days, not months or I've heard some of them - a year to create a project oO. And mine is just one with making smth fast in the future, so it's not like I'll be making smth year after year/month after month/day after day/, I have much more important things to do in life. I don't wanna waste my time with that just like playing WoW.
you really know how to be irrelevant dont you

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
It had a connection but no one dares to post after me, it's always like that. I take the **** out of you ppl. I didn't mean to scare you.

I'm sorry, I didn't care to read that whole post.
It says how many ppl in hiveworkshop are lazy asses like you and some are retarded not to accept money that can later serve as a donation or everything and how one person would finally do models&request for $$$$$$$$$$$$+

Those who refused think I am buying them or they'll work for me ahahhahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahah

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Actually, it's cause your post contains nothing I need to know.

It's just you ranting, and I refuse to stare at ****.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
My point was how things are for paying - that you can expect smth to be made for you if you pay and it can be worthy. Anyway, go on with your posts, I leave xD

Speaker

Premium Member
Reaction score
gtfo of my thread

and ngga i said project manager too. meaning id come up with game idea and everything that needs to be done

R

Regis

wow...
wall of text crits you for 239358734975

L

Laharl

I'd read that post but I have far too severe of AD/HD to try such a venture. Maybe later, when I've had alcohol.