Banlists

Tupac Amaru Shakur

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Can u get banned for having or using a banlist?? I found a link for one, someone wa using it while we were playing dota. i wont give the link yet or ever b/c i dont know if its allowed or not :)

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Banlist is a stupid feature. It is just an excuse to use when you are losing and the guy is like OMFG I HATE YOU, ME USE BANLIST CAUSE I AM L33T AND I ROCK EVEN THOUGH I AM 0-21.

Tupac Amaru Shakur

Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Banlist is a stupid feature. It is just an excuse to use when you are losing and the guy is like OMFG I HATE YOU, ME USE BANLIST CAUSE I AM L33T AND I ROCK EVEN THOUGH I AM 0-21.
o, i still dont know the answers to my questions :/, im using one wana no if its legit is all.

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
I don't see why it wouldn't be legit, but I don't even know what the hell this banlist is? is it like a text document telling who sucks ass and who should be banned from the game, because you can't technically BAN anyone, only Blizzard can.

-Frank :cool:

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
And how does it work? If you a Dota leaver they cant ban your cd-key for being a leaver this is a power only of
to do. The only thing they can do is if they have you in that sort of list to kick you out of the game before starting.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
It can kick people out of custom games. Just like custom kick which in my opinion better. However yes it's against TOS. And if blizzard could detect use of it yeah they would ban you. However blizzard dosen't care about customs and you wont get banned for it but it breaks blizzards TOS.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Blizzard have more important people to ban like those who love to make wins for 0 seconds. Banlists are the light punishments for leavers. Blizzard dont give a fck about DotA and that there are leavers there not to say if you leave a Footie or OMG a TR or RPG. It's quite apparent.

Tupac Amaru Shakur

Reaction score
The way the lsit works is that if someone leaves in a custom game you are in or you made you enter them in the list. it stores the persons ip as well. the next time around if that person comes again then you can just boot them from your game. its not a text documetn its more sort of a program. all it does is tell you peoples ping and their origin ie us au hk etc country or state. i have one and want to use it for dota only. cuz its really unfair and quite rude to leve a game just because you arnt doing well. if i dont like someone im not gana put them on the list just if they leave after 5 mins at the begginng so yeah. they arnt banned from bnet its just a list i have taht tells me if someone is a legit and fair player. where in the tos does it say they are prohibited? thxs 4 the help

aphextwin

Reaction score
i never knew what a banlist was, even though i play dota sometimes

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Since its DOTA related, I will move this to the Customs section.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
What banlist actually does;

Get the IP of the account, and stores it locally on your machine. Anytime they join a game, it boots them automatically. You can also have a "friends list" so to speak on Banlist. It sends your IP to the friends and if you join one of there games, it bans them as well.

It's pretty pimp in theory, but the fact that you can just "ban" someone for being good makes it flawed.

That and the fact that I've been "banned" over 100 times, and I've yet to see anything happen from it.

Tupac Amaru Shakur

Reaction score
iMike said:

Get the IP of the account, and stores it locally on your machine. Anytime they join a game, it boots them automatically. You can also have a "friends list" so to speak on Banlist. It sends your IP to the friends and if you join one of there games, it bans them as well.

It's pretty pimp in theory, but the fact that you can just "ban" someone for being good makes it flawed.

That and the fact that I've been "banned" over 100 times, and I've yet to see anything happen from it.
yeah, mike gots it, i wish i coulda said it like that wel yeah thats how it is, and mike tell me what banlist isnt flawed ;) posting links to banlists is prohibited on bf?

L

Laharl

Why would you want to do this? I thought the purpose of a game was to face against different opponents to challenge yourself and have fun.

As for assholes you can ban them without such a list.

Tupac Amaru Shakur

Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:
Why would you want to do this? I thought the purpose of a game was to face against different opponents to challenge yourself and have fun.

As for assholes you can ban them without such a list.
Ban them without the list how? remember their name? keep track of every account they make?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
iMike said:

Its flawed also in the sense that you can change your IP address to remove the ban.

bmwrulz

Member!
Reaction score
how do u change ur ip address...? just wondering

ChrisH36

Reaction score
There is a process that does that, or just use proxies.

bmwrulz

Member!
Reaction score
where can u dl a banlist? as long as it keeps noob leavers out of dota, ill try anything. ;)

Tupac Amaru Shakur

Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Its flawed also in the sense that you can change your IP address to remove the ban.
No one would take the time and energy being a leaver or noob to do that, most good players that probably know how to work proxies probably dont leave games because of their proxy skills and dota skills.