Awp

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
does anybody here think that the awp is lame? i used to think that but when i first used it i just got killed so i think thats its not lame like a nuclear device would be in cs. right now im really good wit the awp and with the scout too so im wondering if anybody thinks that the awp is "lame". i just think its good for fragwhoring on publics but its also very important for backup fire in clanwars. whats your thoughts

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I dont think its lame...but i use it so my oppinion prolly isnt the best one for you...

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I don't mind the awp, it just ticks me off when people say they have "skill" with it. "Skill" with the awp means you can shoot the enemy before he even sees you. I've seen RiX do this to me many a time. Most people go "look I can jump and shoot!" or "look I got two kills in one shot!" or "look I got a scopeless kill!" and call it skill. That's either luck or exploitation of stupidity.

The AWP isn't lame, it's the people who use it who make it seem lame.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Awps take skill :( *cries and runs away*

battle plans

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i agree the awp takes skill peronaly i suck with awp i always use the machine gun(forget what its call) i love that thing but i dont think the awp is lame buecause to me it does take skill to use it

KillerMe

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
The AWP is really powerful, and useful on an open level. It's not unfair, it was put in the game for a reason. It costs a lot of $$$, so building up to buy it is kinda of hard. The auto-snipers are kinda cheap now because they've been beefed up in an effort to make them better (which worked).

Try taking someone one with an AWP on say the tunnel on dust. Then you'll see why the AWP has its weak points. If a server feels that the AWP is too cheap, they can ban it, but it is a normal gun, that is allowed in leagues (CAL, CPL, ect...)

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
awp is newbie........ it should cost 10000 instead of 5000

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
k first, it costs $4750, and awp does require skill i think. its funny when you see a person doing no strategy with it, just camping and shooting, its even funnier when you dont see a person switch to pistol after they fire it, its like a reflex to me now. i think people are newbs with the awp if they dont, and by newb i use the definition, new to the awp, has no skill with it, can just aim and shoot.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
No, the only time the awp is lame is when its in the hands of a hacker...but its pretty enjoyable to watch someone with skill to use one, or to use one yourself after weeks of practice with it :p

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
and if someone is just being a tard and camping in one spot every round over and over you might aswell knife him

CoMY

Reaction score
Website
rhp.ro
Sincerly, I love awp.. it's the greatest arm ! Now one beats me at this arm ! It's the bestttt !

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
This is the second post I have seen you make...neither have made sense thus far...

X

xjMaN88lx

well people in CS have opinions..

if pubbing and people use the awp they call it the n00b rod and diss the people out who use it. or, people say lay off its part of the game

i say that maybe there should be one awper per team in pubbing otherwise keep the skilled awpers in CAL bc im in CAL-IM with my clan and each match usually has one awper per team

IJustWantToPost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think the should make a patch that is optional for the awp..because I only use it to kill ppl in scrims when the whole team has it, but still its a gay gun with no skill...i mean I wouldn't fall over died by getting shot in the thy...one shot is so lame..who ever thinks it takes skill come to -=[RM]=- server and prove u have skill without it

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
tell me how do i prove my awp skills without an awp. and awp skill is not if you kill one person wearing a glock. its if you can defend a bombsite alone using only the awp and giving exact headshots with a deagle inbetween. and nobody says that awpers cant be taken out, you could counter sniper them or just walk another way

IJustWantToPost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I didn't say prove skills without it, if u could read it said try coming into the rm sever and prove your skills, without the awp..and yes u can counter snipe them it would be to use one your self and I do in scrims...all i'm sayin is if u kill someone with a lets say m4 and you brag about skills you may have something, kill someone with a awp, one shot before the shoot back...naw I don't see the skill there

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
first off this thread is abuot awps and not m4s. secondly you have no point. if youre going to lose a m4 vs. awp duel why even go into the line of sight of the sniper. and as i said its nothing to do with skill if you get a kill with an awp. its if you win any awp vs. awp duel and if you actually shoot people jumping into the water in aztec. awp is all about reflexes and precision. any decently skilled assault player will take you out if you dont know how to handle it.