Auto-Arming Nukes

Scythe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
What trigger do I use to get human-controlled nuclear silos to arm themselves?

I have found two scripts under Run AI Script at Location called 'BW Terran 2-A (Fill Silos with Nuke (Type 1))' and 'BW Terran 2-A (Fill Silos with Nuke (Type w))', but when I tried them in the game they didn't auto-load. Maybe it's somewhere else in the trigger? Here it is anyway:

CONDITIONS:
Always.
ACTIONS:
Execute AI Script 'BW Terran 2-A (Fill Silos with Nuke (Type1))'/'BW Terran 2-A (Fill Silos with Nuke (Type 2))' at 'Location 3'.
Preserve Trigger.

Unknown_Being

Member!
Reaction score
Uhh... is that to say you used both AI scripts?
What editor are you using? It should say which one is which in the help document.

sniper201

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Gamerarchive.co.nr
i am almost positve that thoughs apply only to computer, i tryed it once test on my new map called nuke runner (see attached) and it auto armes about 20 silos, fires nukes, rearms em. didnt do anything when i tryed to do it with human.

Heimdal

Member!
Reaction score
I've never actually tried this, but you may be able to arm a computer-controlled silo and then give it to a human player and see if it is still armed.

irunthemile

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
make sure that the player for whom u are arming the silo is the target player and use either ai script i dun think it matters

Scythe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
I tried giving the command centers and silos to a computer player, running the AI script and then giving the buildings back to the player, but it didn't work. I tried using a condition where the player had to bring a unit to a location and another where it performed the actions at an exact elapsed time; however, I was still unsuccessful.

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Originally posted by Scythe
I tried using a condition where the player had to bring a unit to a location and another where it performed the actions at an exact elapsed time; however, I was still unsuccessful.
I would never use EXACT elasped time. Triggers refresh and check condtions every 2 seconds (depending on your game speed). With a refresh time like that it is possable that it checks the time before and after you Exact number is true. Thus your trigger would never fire. I just think the condtions are too spicific and commonly fail.

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Give the silo to a comp (building next to silo), run the script, (give nukes instant build), give silo back to human. PooF.

Nevermind I see you tried that already and it didn't work. I've done this before and it worked fine for me.

fritfrat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
um.. you did make sure that you gave the computer enough time to build the nukes, right? :p

Scythe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
OK, here's what I did: I made a trigger for the computer player to always run the script at anywhere, then, I made a different trigger for the human player that gave the command centers and silos to the computer player (when they move a civilian to a certain location), waited a sufficient amount of time, and gave the buildings back to the human player. This method works fine. However, a little while after this is done ghosts are created for the computer player to the right of the human player's buildings for apparently no reason. Normally, I could just remove them; no big deal right? BUT, it keeps repeating the message and sound when the trigger cannot create the specified units for some reason. This is VERY annoying! Thanks for your help!

sniper201

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Gamerarchive.co.nr
remove all terran ghost at silos for current player
preserve trigger

wouldent that work to get rid of the ghost spawning problem ? just make a location feild over your silos (or were they spawn) and try it.

Scythe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Can you please read my entire reply next time? I said that the problem with that method is "it keeps repeating the message and sound when the trigger cannot create the specified units for some reason. This is VERY annoying!"