Auto-Arming Nukes

fritfrat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ghosts would not be just "made" out of no where unless there are triggers for them. there are probably other triggers that are messed up and make them there

fritfrat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ghosts would not be just "made" out of no where unless there are triggers for them. there are probably other triggers that are messed up and make them there

EDIT: damn, I double posted. sorry

Scythe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
The only triggers that have anything to do with the computer player is the one that gives the human's silos to the cpu and gives them back, and the one that fills the silos.

Scythe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Come on FritFrat (or anyone, for that matter), help me out here!

Sorry for reviving an "old" thread, but I thought it would be better than creating an entirely new one and referencing back to this one.

S

Swayzack

The same thing happened to me too...

Originally posted by Scythe
OK, here's what I did: I made a trigger for the computer player to always run the script at anywhere, then, I made a different trigger for the human player that gave the command centers and silos to the computer player (when they move a civilian to a certain location), waited a sufficient amount of time, and gave the buildings back to the human player. This method works fine. However, a little while after this is done ghosts are created for the computer player to the right of the human player's buildings for apparently no reason. Normally, I could just remove them; no big deal right? BUT, it keeps repeating the message and sound when the trigger cannot create the specified units for some reason. This is VERY annoying! Thanks for your help!
Hi. I had that exact some problem, so you're not alone. Personally, I hate it when tons of people reply and all they have is crap responses that don't help at all. Most people don't even test for themselves, they just feel like they have reply with a wise ass response. I on the other hand have the solution to your problem. You see, that autoload nuke trigger is very tricky. If you use the wrong logic, it will freak out and start making random ghosts for no reason just like you said.
You might like this. Try these sample triggers. Make sure your nukes are free and build in 1 second.

trigger one-
PLAYERS:
All players
CONDITIONS:
Always
ACTIONS:
Preserve Trigger
run ai script "BW Terran 2-A (Fill Silos with Nuke (Type 2))" at location "nukes"

trigger two-
PLAYERS:
Player 1
CONDITIONS:
Brings atleast 1 civ to "reload location"
ACTIONS:
Preserve Trigger
Kill civ at "reload location"
Give all player 1 buildings at "nukes" to player 2
wait 2000ms
Give all player 2 buildings at "nukes" to player 1
create civ at "civ respawn"

What this does is rather cool. By specifying "buildings" rather then all units, you give the buildings over, the cpu builds the nukes, you get the buildings back. You might notice that the silos are full, but are not taking up any unit power. That's because the silos are full, but the nukes still belong to player two! Player one can fire the nukes at will and when the nuke drops, it will be player two's color!

Here is a demonstration, just move the civ over to the blue supply depot to automatically reload all your nukes.

The biggest thing is, if something doesn't work right, then think of another way of achieving the same goal. Be flexable and keep in mind that there are about a zillion ways of saying same thing, some complex and others simple.

ShaftedTwice

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
*Cough* Thread Bumping *Cough*.. But thats all right, I think you hit the nail on the head there, Swayzack..

ShaftedTwice