Are the Undead too powerful?

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Are the undead too powerful? Think about it.... they can even utilize critter corpses to thier advantage. And the poison. Hell, the only disadvantage I can think of, is that they only regen on blight, but even then, its 2x regen rate. Plus, they are the only race that doesnt need a town hall type building nearby to mine gold. Gargs, 104 MAX MELEE DAMAGE (Full upgrades), TO AIR UNITS. Thats, crazy! :rollie Shades are another story.... as pan said
Your own personal maphack
Necromancers have too much life as well, you'd think a good holy light blast would kill them, but NOOOOOO 315 hitpoints. Meh.... Overall, I think they made the undead too powerful, and the soon to come addition of the Cryptlord makes them all the better. I do relize I probably left out severl points about them, but overall, I think they are the best race.

Biske

Reaction score
In the hands of a good player, it can seem like the UD are...an unstoppable undead force bent on destroying the world and you can do nothing to stop them....wow, that was a mouth full....

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Originally posted by Chibi
wow, that was a mouth full....

..... You post a paragraph, then I'll believe you. :p

Biske

Reaction score
say what I just typed really really fast 10 times first...then I'll type a paragraph...:D

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Sorry Chibi, but I naturally talk too fast. Its nothing new. I guess to another person its a mouthful. :) But, yea, I think the undead are too powerful... they should get downgraded...

DaveGoodmen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There a counter to anything that the UD is going...

especially the NE are best against the UD in my mind.

Biske

Reaction score
But then again, it has been said that the UD have a counter to everything also! Hmmm, it seems we have run into "The Paradox Zone"!!! Also, was it said that the NE vs the UD was a more even matchup? Thought that was said once....not sure, but now with patch 1.06 with the Huntress now having Normal Attack, they have a big boost. Don't they have light armour though?

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what about a grunt rush- ghouls vs grunts- hell, even 6 nex vs like 8 grunts and any hero is a slaughter- orc eats undead children (as mike tyson would say)- except with air, but any good orc player wont wait long enough for undead to get air

Omega Zero

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
At this time now, the Human's are best against UD. Think about it a moment. Priests and sorcs dispel skells and slow their units, riflemen to tear up the gars,knights to knock over ghouls or crypt fiends,and plus the Human heros with holy light, blizzard,and storm bolt or thunder clap. They have it all pratically, only under the hands of a skilled player. ;)

Biske

Reaction score
It would take at least 15 minutes to get that kind of force assembled, I know, I've won alot of times with Knights/Casters/2 Heros/Gryphons/Footies/Rifles. Undead can mass Ghouls with Frenzy and 2/2 with atleast 2 Heros in 9 minutes, add another minute to that for the final Hero. With 2 cooperating Auras, 3 Hero Nuking spells, and a shit load of Ghouls that heal when they touch any living organism....you got yourself one hell of a fight to finish...alive....

Biske

Reaction score
Na not really. You'd be surprised how fast Frenzied Ghouls with 2 Auras working in their favor can shred those paper thin Orc Towers of yours! ;p

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Hehehehe, its called mortar teams. ;) You'd be surprised how fast mortar teams on a cliffside can tear apart ghouls down below, some knights, footies, and rifles. And its bye bye ghouls. :)

Biske

Reaction score
You guys seem to be missing the point...12 Unholied, Vampiric, 2/2, Frenzied, Lighting fast Ghouls will shred Footies, Rifleemn are too slow by this time, and not many maps have cliffs were you can just bomb at your leasure. Knights, by the time you got 4 or 5 of them, I got 15 Ghouls, you do the Math.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Undead too strong? Yes, they're strong, but take some time to get there.

But I'd rather not meet an Undead player at the end. Ghouls and Fiends are JUST TOO POWERFUL, damnit!

Masta

Member!
Reaction score
No they arent ... NE are
-(principally the hero : the dh)
-how fast they can get their archers ( u got like 2 footies when they got 5)
-he rushed when u think u killed him he goes heal at his moon well (gay heal)
-dryads r gay

Lol I could find many other things like that but they r the principal

Biske

Reaction score
Allow me to add to your list Masta:

-- Huntresses are too damn annoying, with their speed and attack power.

But look at the bright side, Crypt Fiends are much more powerful then the archer is even with no upgrades! :D

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hey! Leave Archers alone!

NE isn't a killer race. I don't see a killer unit for NE. Each has its own strength and weakness. The primary weakness of NE is its lack of 'basic' health restoring engines (besides Tranq, but it's an ultimate, so it's not guaranteed to be received), so in long battles NE will start too lose. Once the DH loses Meta it's game over for NE, 'cos if you haven't whacked up the army in that time, there's something you REALLY NEED TO WORK ON.

0ptical-

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
LOL x42!! Even without meta the demon hunter is still the most powerful hero in the game, with potions and level 3 evade + immolation it rocks everyone socks. Tri-hero undead nuke even has a hard time raping it.

And a meta'd DH will own ANYONES army, no if's and's or but's. It will just own it. And if the poor sucker decided that ghouls would be best, well.. LOL!

Theorycraft2lose. Try playing the game people.

And just so you don't think I'm a dumbass n00b. Level 15 Undead on USWest, username 0ptical-.

Check http://battle.net if you feel that compelled to.

Biske

Reaction score
wow dude, you don't know how stupid you sound. Listen, I comend the DH, and any NE player that gets that far, but that doesn't mean he's God(yes I ment God). 3 Undead Heros= 3 Killer Spells, 3 Scrolls of protection, 3 Scrolls of Healing, 3 Health Potions, 3 Mana Potions, 1 Rod of Dispeling(ot w/e it's name is), maybe a gem or 2, but that add's up bud, and that means that we UD can keep our amry alive alot longer then someone with just a level 6 DH can.