Are the Undead too powerful?

huttbole

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
did you guys ever stop to think that blizzard has spend months or even years making it so all races are pretty balanced?

any race can beat any other race. it comes down to skills which i still dont have a whole lot of.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
0ptical-, you're wrong. The strongest hero without any frills is the TC. The DH isn't really that great anyway, for its type. It's primary skill is Agility, but gains more Strength/level than Agility/level, which means overall it won't do much damage anyway. Add in Hero damage to the fray and it's not so good.

If you spent ages wondering why people think the DH isn't God, stick around here and you'll see.

KotGs can also start off quite well and for some strats it's sometimes a decent hero, sometimes better than the DH. And Miss PotM is also quite decent, though not the best. Not all NE players start off with DH, y'know. I can get quite far starting with all 3. Yes, I admit the DH is strong, but it only has one of the best Armors in the game (9 @ lv10), and deals unreliable huge range damage. Also, its health isn't great, which means the DH will quickly fall to Undead Triple Nuke, and then massive Immo won't help it. Remember, Meta lasts for about 1 minute, so you've got little time to use it.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Someone was saying that human are good against undead. Hmm very true. You also have to consider that most people call human the "Newbie Race". I find this to be very funny beacsue i played my first game with human (won also). But even at that fact unless someone goes gryphon human in my opinion is the easiest race to beat. Once my gay ol' allies went rifle men. Had a good group of 20 or so. But he saw thier stats and said "They are so good, im not gonna upgrade them! They will kick ass anyway!!!" And to upgrade the humans you have to make a totaly seprate build for upgrades (rather than a war mill, graveyard) . This is the same for Night elf 2 but....... Well never mind that. Well i guess the point im trying to prove is that to beat someone you have to be VERY skilled.

~~Edit~~

By the way optical, nice profile but youve only played 1 ne game so um yah. And the best hero in the game has to be blademaster. I really hope i dont have to explain this one.

_/Whizz-god\_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.whizzgod.nl
in FT the warden can be an good hero 2, also the bloodmage with his spells can be the winning team easilly, the undead r not the strongest, you just need to know how to fight them, like : the strongest creatures r the crypt fiends (ranged) and the abomenation(melee) the cryptfiends got a nice attack but dont have to much health, the abomenations r strong guys but not stronger then other 4 food guys, the gargs... take hippogryphs for NE and ull have a good match, the ranged attack of gargs arent good at all. blizzard balanced them good enough only sometime it is hard to discover to defeat a race

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NO, the Undead are not too powerful. They are a countering race, yes, but they are also good enough so that they aren't totally invincible. The closest the Undead ever got to that was in 1.03, when they made undispellable AMS. Most patches, they got their asses handed to them unless they could think and outplay the other player.

NO, the Humans cannot counter them the easiest. Whoever said Ghouls was the way for an Undead player to go against a Human anymore?

NO, Night Elves don't mop the floor with Undead. It seems more even now, less upper hand for the Undead to live off of.

Ok, that's my piece.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I agree with Rage. The Undead are undoubtably powerful but need a good leader or you'll be eating your own life away.

Humans can't do c*** against Undead 'cept with Gryphs and Knights and Priests, and even then will they have a tough time.