Anti huntress rush??

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i know the counter against hunts are rifles and quick attack at the start with foots. but i usually and up losing becoz the hunts greatly out number my rifles and they kill my hero with their new hero(4got her name). and when i quick attack(few foots) they use their moonwells to heal their hero and their wisps that constantly move before i attack them... i rarely beat this strat.. can anyone tell me some counters or tips???I use Mk or Am usually

:confused::confused: :confused:

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
The new hero is the Warden and she uses shadow strike wjen you have low hps.The best Ne counter are rifles but you have to see if the NE masses archers try footmen first but if hunts make masses of rifles upgrade them from blacksmith and barracks and the way to outnumber hunts is use blizzard or like me BM and flame strike.Do it to lower the hunt hps and choose the hereos

1st AM
2nd BM

or 1st BM
2nd AM

Do it all the time and you may kill the hunts faster and outnumber the hunts fir a shor time

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted UnforgivinAngel
the best one is the BM befor the AM I learned that the hard way lol.
Oh yeah you learnt well BM is greater than Am,the flame strike,the name 'stirke' you cast it can get away,you can steal mana for next flame,with Am a good blizzard but you have no choice sometimes:either to make a good continuous damage or make about 30 damagae and retreat not to be killed

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have to disagree with using AOE spells from either mage.

Water Elementals do Piercing Damage, which does extra to Huntresses. It's almost the same as adding 2-3 Riflemen to your army. Just be sure you're hitting a Huntress with it to be using it to it's full effect.

Anyway, focus fire with your rifles. They require little to no pathing because of their range and will be able to produce well.
Tip: Watch for their focus firing. Huntresses' little range is their downfall when focus firing. Dance their target around, and force them to produce as little damage as you can.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
am first for we and get like 4-5 foots and the 4-5 rifles. QUICKLY TECH. and keep producing rifles like no tomorrow. get bm for fs and add a couple of socs and u have it in the bag.

note:u want to play defensive. there is little to no chance u will be able to beat ne during tier1 so id place a tower or two in ur base and creep and counter.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
How strange today i played against another quicksliver87.I thought it was you.

Nothing is better vs hunts than rifles (upgraded ) and blizzard on them or flame strike,so all you need is the uogarde.Whateevr you have Keep,castle always upgrade the damage (gun-powder) and armor of the rifles.
NOTE:the damage and the 'long rifles 'are of main imortance.Never have only rifles-put some footmen or 2-3 breakers,or knights.In this case you can cast a spell and it wont harm your rifles with the long rifle upgrade

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
You can't win.

Quit talking like human has a chance.. Warden runs in your base shadow strikes your hero chances are if it's an AM or a BM it's not going to live if it does it will have hefty damage done he runs away comes in with hunts shadow Strikes your hero then focus fires it trust me an intellegence hero isn't going to live very long... No hero your going to fall and fall fast.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah

theroy is pretty right about the warden it is pretty hard to stop at the start.......and that is pretty wierd (dark mage) but my name is spelled with a k and without the c. lol and i dont think youll be playing against a crappy level 8 player.:p

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
-.-'

Lol. Theroy isn't right. Since this is a 'anti-huntress rush' then clearly its early game so most likely heroes will be lvl 1-2. A NE player that picks Warden doesn't usually get Shadow Strike because its mainly only good on heroes. Killing a hero isn't going to win the battle. So even if they Lvl 1 shadow strike your hero..Thats what healing items are for in the shops. About this time you're going to be lvl 2 (Both heroes) most likely..So a BM could just have mana steal, no more Shadow strike and more Flame. Even if the BM died it -will- get one flame off but since your focus firing he could just run the hero around while rifles rip your hunts up.

What Theroy doesn't seem to notice is that knives is a -much- better skill considering it does damage all around. Then at the next level they put in blink so they can blink into the center, knives, blink to safety, mana pot, continue. Much better than the slow and risky process of killing a single hero..

Oh yeah..Qui(ck/c/k/kc)silver is pretty common name. Yesterday i saw one that was lvl 14-16 or something like that in the Undead channel. Had a human icon.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
ShadowStrike is far better skill for first point I don't bother with blink its strike knives strike. You put first point in mana drain? you strike a bm or AM then stack it with a knives with the hunts on it it dies.

Human sucks

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
she meant fs/ then siphon mana. after all chances are that when you go into battle u will be lvl2 cuz of creepin (unless u need to grow a brain). start off by siphon mana the warden and position ur footies between the warden and ur bm so that she cant ss u. then start the flames.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by noob_phucker
she meant fs/ then siphon mana. after all chances are that when you go into battle u will be lvl2 cuz of creepin (unless u need to grow a brain)
yes I need a brain because there's no such thing as a hero harass in warcraft 3.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Theroy
You can't win.

Quit talking like human has a chance.. Warden runs in your base shadow strikes your hero chances are if it's an AM or a BM it's not going to live if it does it will have hefty damage done he runs away comes in with hunts shadow Strikes your hero then focus fires it trust me an intellegence hero isn't going to live very long... No hero your going to fall and fall fast
You did this to me last time and it's good vs AM and BM but the only possible solution for me is to use scroll of restoration for tier 1 , 2 or 3 scrolls if needed.And what i also did if you noticed i tried to avoid your Warden and let my units shoot at this time

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Originally posted by Theroy
yes I need a brain because there's no such thing as a hero harass in warcraft 3.

because we all know that cc rapes the hell out of harass rite? just have a tower for christ sakes. then u can come in at a higher lvl and kick their sorry asses.

it is veeeery possible to defeat hunts. you have to have a couple of footies and a lot of rifles, tech soon and get ur sorcs and its smooth sailing. oh and id use am/mk/pally in that order.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
99.9% of the time I can get a warden into a base and hero targeting before that towers up. or take one unit with you.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I will play saturday sound good. I do not go on b.net during school days I am to busy these days to worry about warcraft and I can assure my skill is going to suck but I'd gladly play you earliest Friday AIM me.