...and I Return a Man

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
Dark Blade don't even start this, being an ignorant and blind Bush follower might be okay in your country but if you try to bring this debate up on an international board you will get owned, you do not have any facts on your side, just lack of education. So don't tempt me my friend, i don't want to shatter your shiny dreamworld.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Гражданин СССР said:
Dark Blade don't even start this, being an ignorant and blind Bush follower might be okay in your country but if you try to bring this debate up on an international board you will get owned, you do not have any facts on your side, just lack of education. So don't tempt me my friend, i don't want to shatter your shiny dreamworld.

It's a shame you haven't a clue to what you're addressing. The policy in itself is just fine and dandy, it's all Bush's interpretation and enforcement of it which is the questionable act, Russian.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
lol, Easy thar fellas!

This IS NOT a debate. I'm just telling people I got a new job.

@ Russian Man: Quote = Wait, so did you enlist or volunteer. Meaning, are you gonna go for an officerial rank or not? Also what part of the army?

I am enlisted.
Army, ground forces. I will be airborne and again me job. 18xray. I currently do NOT have a job, I am in line for the job. I'm only a candidate. I have a LOT of hard training to do. More than I'll ever know. Green Beret if you'd like to know.

@ Janitor : Quote = Good job pausebreak, as much as I dislike the American Army, I hope you get a chance to serve your country in battle.

The feeling is the same for Europe. :p Not really though. I could care less. I try not to get involved in OTHER people's countries.
As much as battle scares me there is that part that wants to know what it is. =\

@ Galatia : Quote = I, on the other hand, really hope you never get a chance to serve your country in battle, mr. Pausebreak. I hope you stay alive and serve the developement of yourself rather than the questionable foreign policy of your country.

Me too. lol. I hope I stay alive too, but its dying thats easy, life is hard beans.
Every country has their "questionable" foreign policies.

TheJanitor

Aka ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Reaction score
The feeling is the same for Europe. Not really though. I could care less. I try not to get involved in OTHER people's countries.
As much as battle scares me there is that part that wants to know what it is. =\
The worst thing would be is to serve the army for so many years and never actually experience combat.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
Dark Blade said:
It's a shame you haven't a clue to what you're addressing. The policy in itself is just fine and dandy, it's all Bush's interpretation and enforcement of it which is the questionable act, Russian.
Oh really now? So please, tell me how the policy is all fine?

PauseBreak

Reaction score
TheJanitor said:
The worst thing would be is to serve the army for so many years and never actually experience combat.
That's why I didn't go into the Marines. They tell you were you go, you are NOT guarantied a job you want. Unlike the army, I got what I want. I heard this one guy really wanted to be an infantry for the Marines. He could type well so they put him on the keyboard for his career. =\ lol

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
The whole war on terror policy does have a point. If it wasn't for the fact that the oil and weapon lobbys (aka the US Gov) used that for their own profit, it'd be awesome.

Money sucks.

Anyway, don't make this a discussion thread, will you?

PauseBreak

Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
The whole war on terror policy does have a point. If it wasn't for the fact that the oil and weapon lobbys (aka the US Gov) used that for their own profit, it'd be awesome.
Can anyone prove that? Anyone? Didn't think so.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Oh, I think the war on Iraq and not on Iran (who, god, keep defying the international community), is more than enough proof. Too scared.

Or we could count North Korea.

Either way, ugly avatar you got there :p

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
See I was/am likely going to join the Army for the summer in canada. More for the physical challenge then anything. But to say your a man when you join the army... is just idiotic.

Tanas-EW

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ew.gamerzedge.net
War is always bad and stupid whatever reason u got to do it! Killing is something animals do, we humans should have learned that long time ago... Going to the army is not becomning a man, it's giving our self to the hands of the government so they dicide where u're going to die...
And they, after ur dead, go say to ur famaly "He/she died serving his/her country..." No man has the right to kill, no man has the right to send u to ur own death!
Creating lies with the intention of creating war in name of the peace... come on that is just not right!

So much hatred out there... is that the world u whant to ur future familys? One of hatred, of death, of rage?

Think about that

(Sry about any spelling mistakes)

PauseBreak

Reaction score
@ Tronga, best avvy I could find with a low KB size. :p

@ Pan, the physical challenge will be awesome! I really want to see how far I can push myself and not just at a local gym.

@ Tanas, How do you think I take your stance when you abuse your body and mind with drugs? Do you think I'm going to take you seriously? I don't think so. I would have thought after 40 years hippies would have grown up, stop smoking, got a job and found out that the real world isn't flower power.
PS. I do think about it. Hippies only give me more resolves to kick ass.

@ Tacitblade, thank you. I really love your sig. Bunnies are freaking awesome! I used to breed rabbits for show and that picture brings back memories. Go bunnies!

Tanas-EW

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ew.gamerzedge.net
U can take me sirious, no I'm no hippie, no I dont do drugs, ys I respect ur dicision on listing the army, no I dont bealive in flower power and ys I do bealive sometimes force is the only way to do things... I understand perfectly the war against terror as I 2 was shocked when I saw the towers fall... but I still bealive the Human race has inteligence to understand that there are wars that are done for greed and hate... Didnt mean to ofend u or ur bealifes just whanted to exprece my fealings tawrds mass innocent killing and distrution...

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
found out that the real world isn't flower power.
PS. I do think about it.
About that, did you notice that the United States is the only 'civilized' country who still makes war on other countries? Hell, you're in a war you start every damn decade. The rest of the Western Countries only help because there are treaties, and because they're scared of losing the US help on some issues.

The real world is not flower power, no. But it's not gun power too. That's the easy path. Be assured, flower power is a lot harder, but it would probably bring a lot more advantages.

Don't be so quick on judging Hippies. After all, as you've said, they should've grown up forty years later. Don't you think the same stands for violence? I mean, we all had some violence when we were little kids. It's a lot easier and funnier than talking to boredom. But after five thousand years of civilization, we should have grown out of it too.

I don't mean with this that you joining the army sucks, because it doesn't, if that is what you want. However, don't try to defend war. It has no defense.

Tanas-EW

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ew.gamerzedge.net
TrongaMonga said:
About that, did you notice that the United States is the only 'civilized' country who still makes war on other countries? Hell, you're in a war you start every damn decade. The rest of the Western Countries only help because there are treaties, and because they're scared of losing the US help on some issues.

The real world is not flower power, no. But it's not gun power too. That's the easy path. Be assured, flower power is a lot harder, but it would probably bring a lot more advantages.

Don't be so quick on judging Hippies. After all, as you've said, they should've grown up forty years later. Don't you think the same stands for violence? I mean, we all had some violence when we were little kids. It's a lot easier and funnier than talking to boredom. But after five thousand years of civilization, we should have grown out of it too.

I don't mean how much you joining the army sucks, because it doesn't, if that is what you want. However, don't try to defend war. It has no defense.
I'll sign under here if I may ;)

If only U knew portuguese I would post here a portuguese song that translate exactally what is war!

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
This is of course a biast oppinion, but this country was founded on believing in something so strongly they gave up everything as well as felt strong enough to die for it. War in never a good thing, but sometimes it is what is needed. Now do I beleive we are just in being at war right now .... No, but I do beieve in fighting for my country, because, even if this is about oil and politics (which I agree it is) that will make us stronger economy wise. Which is exactly what is needed right now. Everytime their is a war, our economy drops, then shortly after rises to greater hights.
I do believe we should focus on finding Bil Laden and other terrorists. I think this is a priority, which Bush does not want to face.

Back on topic ...
Like I said previously, you most likely will be deployed to Iraq, unless you can somehow keep your training going past such. Like Jump School which I see you have oped to take (nice rank boost right their) and whatever else.
All I can say, is when you are over in the zone, do not double guess / over think anything you do, it can get you killed, or someone else.
My biggest problem was shooting a kid with a gun, now do I think I did the right thing ... yes, but their is not a day that goes by where I think could I have done things differently. This eats me up, DO NOT THINK THIS. Instint is your best friend, use it and learn to rely on it.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Dark Blade said:
It's not really a war, more like police work.
Don't let the media fool you, it is WAR. Cold, calculated, and bloody. People that are nice to you in the daytime, can be shooting at you or setting up roadsides at night. This is not like Gulf War, where we were fighting a military, this is a war where their is no military outfits, or rank, this is garrila warfare at it's core.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
Dark Blade said:
It's not really a war, more like police work.
Yet the bodies still keep piling up.