ALL Things Starcraft

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome fellow Starcraft lovers! I have always wanted to create what I am about to do. This is a very large project, but I believe I can get it done. :)

Mission: To collect ALL things that relate to SC; Official or not!

I am going to go 1 step farther than SCLegacy could imagine. I am going to collected ALL pictures and websites that relate to Starcraft! Someday, I may publish this all on the web. :) Until then a very large task is before me and I ask your help!

PM, Email, even right here in this thread. If all of you could sent me links, pictures, and even movies from Alpha Starcraft to the present day Starcraft: Ghost SAS productions. I want it ALL. I will be saving this all on my local hard disk. And Believe me when I say, I have more than ENOUGH room to store it :)

PS> I do not want to focus on maps quite yet. This is even a larger, and ongrowing..thing. I will not be collecting maps @ this point.

Thank you ALL!

aphextwin

Reaction score
im not gonna waste my time finding pictures of sc for you.... gl on ur journey

PauseBreak

Reaction score
You don't have to find anything for me, only if you already have things of interest.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
You want miscellaneous mapping and modding programs? I have some recent and old programs that are interesting. I can also get some beta pictures that aren't on SCLegacy, and I have four SlayerS_`BoxeR` VODs from 2002; and many replays from tournaments.

If anyone could get me a copy of the beta StarCraft MPQs I could extract the animations and any cinematics from those and convert them into AVI files for you.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Oh snap! That would be sweet! Beta Pictures are double sweet.
Pictures and movies are a major plus!

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
You could always go on Blizzard and take all their pictures, etc. I want to help but for me to help, you need to give me something specific to do, otherwise it's going to be hard for me to lend a hand. :-/

PauseBreak

Reaction score
UPDATE: The work I did last night was mainly for SCG. I got a lot of old pictures and movies from gamespot and IGN. Some I had from just saving some. Lucky I did they aren't on gamespot, IGN, or battle.net anymore!
I also found some VERY interesting things. Looking back at the old old blizzard news letter I found pictures of Korean SC shoes (for guy and girl) and a bunch of other Korean SC related things!

Stats: 452 Files with 71 folders @ 640 MB :D

DarkMatter: I'm mainly looking for Pictures and Videos of Alpha and Beta SC+BW. This will be difficult to find. Also, Maps are not yet on the project (unless they are alpha/beta) I already have Ghost covered but I know there are some people out there who have the old SC beta testing CD. For those who have it, a copy would be the +5!

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
Lord of Nukes said:
You want miscellaneous mapping and modding programs? I have some recent and old programs that are interesting. I can also get some beta pictures that aren't on SCLegacy, and I have four SlayerS_`BoxeR` VODs from 2002; and many replays from tournaments.

If anyone could get me a copy of the beta StarCraft MPQs I could extract the animations and any cinematics from those and convert them into AVI files for you.
oooo, you rock lord of nukes, where did u get the vods?????

yea id be glad to help out, starcraftsupreme (or supremestarcraft), has alot of nice beta/alpha images and the such

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
AMAZING!!! YEA DUDE THX!!

EDIT:
"If anyone could get me a copy of the beta StarCraft MPQs I could extract the animations and any cinematics from those and convert them into AVI files for you."

yea what is with blizzard and their mpqs? i got this movie extractor and took out the mpqs, but then they said i needed some kind of player or something...enlighten me please!

L

Laharl

Sorry for how large this is.

Beta pics! The sexy glory!

Intercepters without a carrier, science vessel with legs - and flying scvs!

Early Stargate, valks and scout. Notice the flares behind air units. Talk about sexy. Note: The arbiter isn't cloaking.

www.gamesurge.com/pc/starcraft/screen/beta/

Even more nice pics.

Old minerals, old missile turret! They used to be upgradable? Nifty. Enjoy, folks.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
The last one, with the green minerals, I don't think it's a beta picture. The green mineals leads me to believe it's from one of those mods that tests the abiltiies of making unit colors tileset dependant, and the placement of the Attack button can me done with older modding programs. It's from CampaignCreations.org, so that's likely in my opinion, but I can't be sure. The other ones are good though, Ãœber sexy StarCraft.

i got this movie extractor and took out the mpqs, but then they said i needed some kind of player or something...enlighten me please!
I use the program that Blizzard used to make the StarCraft cinematics into SMK files and allows you to watch them. If you want, I can provide a link.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Sweet pictures and links! Thanks for the support. These are wonderful for the collection!

PauseBreak

Reaction score
I have the program and now I'm extracting a lot of files. Its taking time, but its something to do. :) I'm enjoying this little project. I just hope SOME DAY I will be able to host all 700+ MB (as of right now)

DeathClaw

Member!
Reaction score
well i have things starcraft but...
idk if they would really fit here...
one of them is a flash video (poorly done btw) about the first mission (backwater station)
andother is a weird game called SC FLash or something
i could find them if you want me to but tll its decided that they would be considered all things SC i waont post them