Aiming

always confused

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok..............I have tried almost every weapon for aiming and shooting while crouching standing or whatever..............people always kill me even if I start shooting them before they know where I am! Does anybody have tips for aiming and actually killing them? thankz!

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Tips for killing
1. Walk
2. Silencer
3. Use 3-4 round bursts from range
4. Crouch more
5. Aim for head....

Darkzero190

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedmarines.cjb.net
that sounds about right 2 me and u cant be afriad 2 shoot 1st and miss.........cuz i was at first wen i played i was always tryin to get the clear shot but it does'nt matter as long as u hit them from chest and above...........try a AWP or any type of snpier rifle........ try low ppl games with like 4 on 4 2 learn 2 shoot and all that..

Pimpstixs

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If your having trouble with the ak or m4 just get a sub machine gun and go bum rush them at least you might get a couple of kills. But really you just need to practice, always burst fire IE 2-3 round shots, watch your back and front, take cover if you need to and reroute to new position to pick them off.

d1sturb3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
First, had you scrolled down a bit you would've seen the countless posts on "aiming". Second, perhaps it may not be your aim, it could very well be your FPS (frames per second), if you have low FPS this could be what is hindering your ability to kill your opponent fast. Basically once you begin shooting, does it take a while for the crosshairs to return to their normal position. Furthermore, it could even be your ping. If you were to play against someone with 30 ping and you have 150 ping, you can guarantee you're always going to be defeated most of the time.

- To view your FPS, type cl_showfps 1 in the console.
- Your ping can be seen through the frag screen. Hold down tab and see what your latency is.

The higher the FPS the better (99 is max), and the lower the ping the better.

P.S. Does anyone know what the command is to view your choke?

JLeeAZN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dont crouch TOO much when ur aiming, then ur sit a sitting duk waitin to get its head blown off meh

dont jump and shoot unless u have a shotgun
jump - land - shoot will work but thats mainly for sniper
with m4a1 u can spam bullets if u want, its nooby, but it works or else shoot in rounds of 4-6
with ak, close range u should pretty much spam ur bullets, i usually get headshots doing that, long range, u gotta actaully aim and shoot the thing, like 3-4 bullets per burst

~JLeeAZN~

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
Only two guns i can usually get good head shots with are the ak and the m4a1. I prefer the m4a1 more cuz you can silence it. If you don't like croutching use shift. Your aim is much better if you do that. Like multiple people have said before fire 3-4 round bursts will aiming for the head. May seem kinda awkward but after a while you'll get used to it.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My tips

These are some of my tips:

1) With the AK, if the opponent is strafing a lot, just shoot at his feet (hold the trigger) until your mag is out. This almost always kills him because the bullets go up and slow him down. Don't forget to move too.

2) At range, strafe left and right while shooting his head. But only shoot 2~4 rounds when you've stopped. Try not to crouch because you'll present yourself as an easier target.

3) At close up, NEVER crouch. Crouching may sometimes work but there's been countless times where I died even though I shot my opponent like 6 times just because I crouched and he shot my head. Instead if you see him, aim low and jump. When you go back down, crouch and aim for his head. This almost always works especially with a high fire rate gun in levels with hallways. Don't do this in an open area (try the range or AK trick in open areas).

4) Use silencer when using colt.

Plus, the reason you're dying so much is because you receive more bullets than your opponent (obviously), so make sure all of your bullets count.

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
for colt, if u have silencer on, crouch in mid range and spray with recoil if there is more then 2 guy stacked ^^;;

to strafe and shoot, strafe left or right then press shift and let go of left or right shoot, and repeat.This will make ur shot more accurate to your aim

If ur opponent is strafing depending on range i'd use a pistol and aim at his chest then switch back to main weapon asoon as 1 bullet hits

But, jsut awp :)

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"1) With the AK, if the opponent is strafing a lot, just shoot at his feet (hold the trigger)"
never ever shoot at someones feet. aim at the upper chest on mid distance, on high distance go for the firect headshot with 1-shot bursts

" until your mag is out. This almost always kills him because the bullets go up and slow him down. Don't forget to move too."
maybe if the enemy is not a complete moron he will have headshottet you by then. never in life spray like this guy describes it. make every bullet count. whats the point in shooting if the bullet isnt going to hit? ak has massive recoil so what you do is you give short bursts in the head/chest area.

"2) At range, strafe left and right while shooting his head."
this is just an utter turd. dont shoot while running, your bullets go everywhere but where youre aiming at. what you do is you strafe stop and shoot, strafe stop shoot. this goes for about any weapon on long range combat. of course, in mid range with an mp5 or a silenced m4a1 you can aim at the head and then hold down the left mousebutton while strafing and pulling down the crosshait to fight the recoil.

" Try not to crouch because you'll present yourself as an easier target."
being crouched its harder for others to get bullets to hit your head due to vertical recoil.

"3) At close up, NEVER crouch. Crouching may sometimes work but there's been countless times where I died even though I shot my opponent like 6 times just because I crouched and he shot my head. Instead if you see him, aim low and jump. When you go back down, crouch and aim for his head. This almost always works especially with a high fire rate gun in levels with hallways. Don't do this in an open area (try the range or AK trick in open areas)."
i would suggest that in close range you shoot his head off. close range is not all about trickery. ive headshotted several people in the air since their movement is very predictable. in cs, you dont want to jump. instead close quarter combat is all about reflexes.

"4) Use silencer when using colt. "
actually, the m4 will be a little less accurate when firing. it has less recoil though, but this isnt important since you dont want to be a spraying noobs. on distance, dont silence your colt. in close quarter combat, however, you should go silenced because it is perfect for spraying a bunch of bullets into head. also, the damage is less with a silencer. this can be fatal if its about distance headshots

"for colt, if u have silencer on, crouch in mid range and spray with recoil if there is more then 2 guy stacked ^^;; "
dont crouch. if you have a silencer on, what you do is you keep moving since the m4 is fairly accurate, even while moving . this only goes for mid range thou. if there are more than 2 enemies together the last thing you do is going full auto on them. you will end up having both of them looking at you and giving an immidiate headshot. instead, either try to get all headshots in 1 burst or give direct headshots. dont try to take them out all at once. if you kill them one by one each of them will have 1 friend less. also a dead person could make the others hide or have problems aiming back due to psychologic effects.
"If ur opponent is strafing depending on range i'd use a pistol and aim at his chest then switch back to main weapon asoon as 1 bullet hits "
never in life use your pistol unless there is a problem with your primary weapon. this could be reloading (awp) or no ammunition left in your clip.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hmm, let me reply to Korittke, who, for some reason, utterly humiliated me TT, lol.

When I said shoot as his feet, it's done when you're at a little off close range, you know, the range when there's a knife fight. I should have said "Initially, aim for his chest but if he's too close and strafes (thus evades) then lower your aim as you shoot." It works for me because the bullets spray upward and in a T-like motion, and slows them down. Thus, spraying at his feet actually hits his chest and torso. I wouldn't suggest this if it doesn't work for me, and no the opponent was not a 'complete moron'.

About your second point, I should have clearly stated that you should stop after strafing left and right, as CuteGuy has. I didn't know about the shift though.

About the crouching, your point works (vertical recoil) and thus crouching is better. But sometimes, (when at very close range) crouching just lets them shoot your head. At a further distance, of course, crouching is better.

Also, I personally find jumping at close range to be effective, assuming my bullets count. I actually get lots of headshots with this, when I'm at a very close range (again the close range).

Finally, about the colt: that's just my mistake. I'm going to play without the silencer from now on. For some odd reason, I thought the effect was reverse... TT.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i've attended cpl and wcg, i've seen how crouch work with spamming when 2 or more guys are there.....i've tried out myself in a few scrim, it works fine because if they retreat, depending on the wall just spray thru it with recoil.....30 bullet is alot then switch to pistol while strafing back -_-

mrGroby_tf

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
why not try...

Heckler?
-long range, sux greatly, but since (let's asume) u dont have enough money, u have to buy it... so, pull out u're gun and fire each bullet slowly and with a pause, aim for cheast, use obstacles to get close, and...

-mid range, rules by far, strafe alot and u dont even have to walk.
Just strafe run, and JUST strafe. If you walk forw.-backw. the bullets will just spray around him...so...
strafe/1-4 burst/aim throat...gets 'em every time

-close range, duuuh...
just run around him, hold the triger, but this time aim for the balls.
When the clip is half done, slowly(still firing) go towards the throat, he's dead.

NEXT TIME: "STEIR-AUG"...or what ever they call it in 1.6
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH